Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

Photo

Mattias Janmark-nylen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 jjgallow

jjgallow

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

http://www.eurohocke...elitserien.html

Right, so Mattias is currently 30th overall in the Swedish elite league.

He is also 20 years old, and unsigned by any NHL team, and...

He's big (6'1), so we don't have to have that arguement...and he's...

A CENTER....

So...correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these like...Mikael Backlund numbers, except, better?

#2 Mattman456

Mattman456

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Not too shaby! I say give him a 2 way for 2 years. He looks better then Jones for the 4th and possibly maybe 3rd line role.

#3 PokernHockey

PokernHockey

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Not too shaby! I say give him a 2 way for 2 years. He looks better then Jones for the 4th and possibly maybe 3rd line role.

Based on... his points?

a 4th liner is likely not on the line to score. awesome if he can. but guys who's only asset is points are generally regarded as top 6 or bust type players. (i do not know if he is that type or not).

Nice stats, (I know nothing else about him beyond your link). It would be nice if the flames would take a good look at him and decide if his game would transfer to the NHL.

#4 jjgallow

jjgallow

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

I was thinkin more like a two-way signing, and then evaluate further in the AHL myself (best case scenario), but the stats seem to be what one would expect of a top first-round pick.

What little I've read on him, he was rated as a 7th-round longshot in the 2012 entry draft by central scouting, having come out of nowhere in 2011, producing an unusual number of points in a lower division.

Now, he's taken another leap, having translated those points to the Swedish Elite League in 2013.

My question is, can we just sign someone like this? Or do they need to be drafted?

Wish I knew more about him...unusual numbers for an undrafted center which apparently came from nowhere.

#5 ScottMacMahon

ScottMacMahon

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

I don't really know enough about him... but from what i do know, i wouldn't waste the contract. Much rather prefer that flexibility to make some moves come the trade deadline.

#6 Flyerfan52

Flyerfan52

Elder Statesman

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,103 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

Best case scenario is sign him to an AHL contract. See what he does in NA before committing 1 of our few remaining (I believe we're down to 1) NHL contracts.

#7 jjgallow

jjgallow

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Hmm...

So, Blake Comeau is our first-line center now.

I believe that warrants a bump

p.s...no idea how we've managed to burn through all but one of our contracts, but that problem can easily be remedied by buying players out. relatively cheap to do, if they're AHLers.