Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit

Photo

Alex Tanguay

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 conundrumed

conundrumed

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

Just wondering everyone's thoughts on Tanguay's play for good or bad.

I find myself continually thinking he looks like he plays at about 75-80% effort even at his best, but maybe it's just me.
Talk me out of it!!

#2 MAC331

MAC331

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

I find myself continually thinking he looks like he plays at about 75-80% effort even at his best, but maybe it's just me.
Talk me out of it!!

No, I think you have it right.

#3 lou44291

lou44291

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Talk me out of it!!

I agree as well. He seems very nonchalant with his passing lately - whether they get to the intended recipient or not, and he seems to float and coast more in the last few games... No stop and go, simply curling towards and away from the puck.

#4 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Tangs was pretty good to start the year. Lately however he has disappeared.

I read somewhere he has only one shot on net in the last six games. Telling stat whether it tells enough of the story or not.

#5 Carty

Carty

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Tangs recent play has been disappointing after glimpses of what he is capable of delivering...

He has a 3.5 mil cap hit for another 3 years after this season, also a modified NTC...

Have to wonder if he is playing hurt... Or perhaps he has become just a little bit too comfortable, but the same can be said about a number of others...

No doubt the juggling of lines could be a factor with Tangs and others, but I would still expect to see more effort from a number of players, Tangs included...

#6 Canada15

Canada15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

No urgency. Decent numbers and some good passing, but no urgency. He's capable of much more.

#7 Kipper14

Kipper14

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Tangs leads the team in points with 12 in 14 games, but the worrisome stat is his team worst -6, it's obvious that Hartley needs to address this.

As someone already mentioned, him looking off lately could be due to Hartleys constant line changing, tough to get into a groove when you have new linemates every game.

I will always be happy that Tangs is a Flame, there's not a lot of guys in the league with his playmaking skills, vision, who can also snipe some nice goals. He's one of my favs!

#8 swtrooper

swtrooper

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

I think he could be better. I wish he would shoot a little more rather then passing off most of the time.

#9 Wreckening

Wreckening

GO TEAM REBUILD

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

It's not just Tanguay it's most of the team but I agree we need to see more out of him. I thought for sure being coached by Hartley before he would know what's expected of him. The way they're all playing though it makes you wonder if Hartley has the room and their attention.

#10 conundrumed

conundrumed

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Tangs leads the team in points with 12 in 14 games, but the worrisome stat is his team worst -6, it's obvious that Hartley needs to address this.

As someone already mentioned, him looking off lately could be due to Hartleys constant line changing, tough to get into a groove when you have new linemates every game.

I will always be happy that Tangs is a Flame, there's not a lot of guys in the league with his playmaking skills, vision, who can also snipe some nice goals. He's one of my favs!

I respect that he has a lot of fans here, so I try to take a step back.
-6 from our top pt getter is definitely a problem.
But too many games I've watched where that lack of aggression gene seems to overcome the skills.
This is a game where the chip on your shoulder has to be bigger than the other guy's, and that just appears to not happen consistently with this team and this player, but it's not just him, that's for sure.

#11 Nuks-Rule

Nuks-Rule

Pathetic Nuck Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

Tang is a talented player just plays for a garbage team Lames are barely a NHL team

#12 conundrumed

conundrumed

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Tang is a talented player just plays for a garbage team Lames are barely a NHL team

Let my thread ride into the sunset.
The possibility of you having the final post is about as good as the 2nd coming, if you like those odds.

What happens to your team in the playoffs? Can that be classified as "date rape", or is it just normal rape?

#13 tmac70

tmac70

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

Let my thread ride into the sunset.
The possibility of you having the final post is about as good as the 2nd coming, if you like those odds.

What happens to your team in the playoffs? Can that be classified as "date rape", or is it just normal rape?

I find it interesting that everyone falls into this little sh*&s Nuks- rules ploy. He makes ridiculous statements and when you answer him you fuel the fire. It is so obvious the best part of him ran down his mothers ( fill in the blank), if everyone ignored his statements he would go away.

#14 conundrumed

conundrumed

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

I find it interesting that everyone falls into this little sh*&s Nuks- rules ploy. He makes ridiculous statements and when you answer him you fuel the fire. It is so obvious the best part of him ran down his mothers ( fill in the blank), if everyone ignored his statements he would go away.

There's no ploy. That's apparent by the mind-numbingly brain dead attempts at trashing us.
There's no fire to fuel, just abject stupidity.
Lames, wow, that's an original.
Now you take someone like derftrocity trolling the nucks, it's humourous, it's ridiculous and he plays it knowing that.
It can be entertaining just how silly it is.
But this one, holy crap, he's baiting no one, it's just kind of sad to see someone who likely thinks they're the life of the party.
Really sad, actually.

He came and trolled the first 6-odd threads at 3am. What if there were 3 of them festering in our threads, should we still ignore them?
I'm not one so much to run to the mod squad.
Fight idiocy of intellect before it turns into a silent invitation.

I didn't want him with the last post in my thread, not because he's a troll, but because he seems like a total flake.
Call me too serious about it, but this should be a much better board than it is.
Not mentioning names cross, bosn and Carty, but there are lots of sound-thinking posters here that don't start threads, and I think it hurts the board when DD has to start them all, as great as he is at it, it shouldn't be all on him. I give it a shot, but I'm too self-conscience to roll out thread after thread, although there is much to talk about.

#15 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Call me too serious about it, but this should be a much better board than it is.
Not mentioning names cross, bosn and Carty, but there are lots of sound-thinking posters here that don't start threads, and I think it hurts the board when DD has to start them all, as great as he is at it, it shouldn't be all on him. I give it a shot, but I'm too self-conscience to roll out thread after thread, although there is much to talk about.

+1

Hello my name is DD and I am one of those you speak about.
I am trying to cut back, but it is not easy.

My problems all started when this board was mostly all negativity and any positive post was met with multiple quick put downs. Any positive posts were not very welcome by most posters at that time. I didn't realize it was that bad until Barney(Do you remember Barney?) made note that one of my positive posts was a breath of fresh air in this pool of negativity.

Things have changed since then, I hope for the better. At least not everthing being posted is negative and positive posts are no longer frowned upon or ridiculed at first sighting.

Lots of positive posters are now regulars around here where once they did not feel comfortable to even visit us often.

And to put this topic back on OP:
Tangs I think feels a lot more comfortable at wing. It seems to me we tried him at center 1st go round with the Flames and it didn't work well back then either. That goes back to my feelings that you need natural centers playing your center position most of the time as long term, wingers don't often handle it well.

#16 travel_dude

travel_dude

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

+1

Hello my name is DD and I am one of those you speak about.
I am trying to cut back, but it is not easy.

My problems all started when this board was mostly all negativity and any positive post was met with multiple quick put downs. Any positive posts were not very welcome by most posters at that time. I didn't realize it was that bad until Barney(Do you remember Barney?) made note that one of my positive posts was a breath of fresh air in this pool of negativity.

Things have changed since then, I hope for the better. At least not everthing being posted is negative and positive posts are no longer frowned upon or ridiculed at first sighting.

Lots of positive posters are now regulars around here where once they did not feel comfortable to even visit us often.

And to put this topic back on OP:
Tangs I think feels a lot more comfortable at wing. It seems to me we tried him at center 1st go round with the Flames and it didn't work well back then either. That goes back to my feelings that you need natural centers playing your center position most of the time as long term, wingers don't often handle it well.

Agree with your appraisal. For the longest time I didn't post much. Things are a little better now, but the negatives still seem to come on a lot.

Back to Tangs; he still has the hands to score at will. He still passes to much to Iggy, which usually results in a pass to someone else. Come on Alex, you could score 30 goals easily.

#17 conundrumed

conundrumed

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

There's enough posters here to beat down the simply loathesome posters, but they have to actually do it. Too many have ran away. It's ridiculous that they've had to. Just support good people, whether it's hockey-based or not, and whether or not you agree with them.
Lunatik and his many forms had a rat pack of running down the Flames on many fronts, and posters that tried to respond in a more positive light.
It isn't exactly hard to beat that back, though, as it tends to run on hyperbole rather than fact.
A lot of posters around here are loaded with facts, be a normal guy about it and don't let posters tear a poster down. Like not ever.
A troll gets torn down, but you wanna turn them around.
Someone that simply shows faith, don't let them be torn down, if you see it, stop it.
It shouldn't be asking much.
The way DD and, CW is it? fight, let that stuff go. You can easily see they're both team guys having a heated conversation.
Louis? Yup. He has every right and he does it the right way.
It happens.

#18 conundrumed

conundrumed

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Right. On topic.
Tanguay HAS to be a leader, game in, game out.
He's one we rely on to help us win EVERY game, and he hasn't been that consistently.
No excuses.

#19 C_worthy

C_worthy

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Do me and DD fight? Did not know that - screw you DD!

Just kidding - I agree with you conundrumed

And back to Tanguay - I predicted that he would have a great year under Hartley. SO far it has been wildly inconsistent, but at times he has been really good. I thought he played a solid game last night

#20 DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

Do me and DD fight? Did not know that - screw you DD!

Just kidding - I agree with you conundrumed

And back to Tanguay - I predicted that he would have a great year under Hartley. SO far it has been wildly inconsistent, but at times he has been really good. I thought he played a solid game last night

Yeah right. you say Shopping Cart I say TV & Stereo.. go figure all important stuff.

As for the thread topic I won't disrupt your Tangs conversations again with off topic stuff. Go Tangs.