Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

Photo

Vrbo Travel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 conundrumed

conundrumed

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Does anyone use VRBO travel for holidaying/ski trips/whatever forces you to hotel it?

You're probably going to want to google VRBO travel.
You're welcome.

Anyone else VRBO-it?

#2 conundrumed

conundrumed

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

Recently stayed 7 nights in a 2 bdrm resort condo 5 minutes from the disney gate, $800. AND $440 off of 4 - 4 day park passes.

If you're going somewhere that involves hotels, you're just plain dumb to not check the vrbo listings first.

A bed, a toilet and a shower, or a full house/condo for the same price.

Don't forget to read the reviews!! Special requests/needs are spoken for in an outstanding manner.

One american in Canmore told his owner his son is a pro ball player so he can't miss a beat.

Bang, they rigged every sports channel known to man in their satellite package, no charge.

We're helping pay their mortgage, their helping giving us way better options for the $$ we're going to drop on a corporation anyways.

Everyone, make sure it's a "must check" when planning a holiday. The only reason I check resort/hotel pricing anymore is for the $$ comparitor. Then way more often then not, I book someone's house through vrbo and speak directly with the owners. Save/same money on 10 times the accomodation.

#3 The_People1

The_People1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,231 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

I pretty much use Expedia for everything now and the odd time i would check Hotels.com. 

When I check those apartment rental sites like VRBO or Airbnb, I find the price difference is not huge. For example, a nice apartment in La Rambla, Barcelona will go for between $60 to $120.  In comparison, a 4-star hotel on Expedia in the same area is between $90 to $150.  Go with the $90 4-star hotel anyday.

Complain to a hotel clerk and you will get comps.  Complaining to an apartment owner is tough paella.  Not to mention you get housekeeping, fresh towels, etc at hotels.  I would only recommend those sites like VRBO and Airbnb to cash strapped college kids who can afford something a small step above hostels.

#4 conundrumed

conundrumed

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

I pretty much use Expedia for everything now and the odd time i would check Hotels.com. 

When I check those apartment rental sites like VRBO or Airbnb, I find the price difference is not huge. For example, a nice apartment in La Rambla, Barcelona will go for between $60 to $120.  In comparison, a 4-star hotel on Expedia in the same area is between $90 to $150.  Go with the $90 4-star hotel anyday.

Complain to a hotel clerk and you will get comps.  Complaining to an apartment owner is tough paella.  Not to mention you get housekeeping, fresh towels, etc at hotels.  I would only recommend those sites like VRBO and Airbnb to cash strapped college kids who can afford something a small step above hostels.

Not even close.

A kitchen, living room, bedrooms, washer and dryer to do the provided towels and your dirty jeans and socks as required.

It's not even close peeps. A full fridge(not a bar fridge hotels provide, if you're lucky) and cooking requirements if you're so inclined.

It definitely ain't the cash-strapped hostel-stayers, I've done that all over Europe. I've done hotels and I've done vrbo.

I'm not throwing it out there to bs people, it's good advice!!

I holiday for 4. Put 4 in your hotel room. It doesn't work.

But I appreciate the alternative view. It's a requirement for conversation!!

#5 The_People1

The_People1

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 11,231 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

Not even close.

A kitchen, living room, bedrooms, washer and dryer to do the provided towels and your dirty jeans and socks as required.

It's not even close peeps. A full fridge(not a bar fridge hotels provide, if you're lucky) and cooking requirements if you're so inclined.

It definitely ain't the cash-strapped hostel-stayers, I've done that all over Europe. I've done hotels and I've done vrbo.

I'm not throwing it out there to bs people, it's good advice!!

I holiday for 4. Put 4 in your hotel room. It doesn't work.

But I appreciate the alternative view. It's a requirement for conversation!!

Meh. The washer and dryer is nice to have for long haul vacations but why would anyone need a kitchen and living room? Most vacationers would be out and about discovering local cuisine.  Does anyone ever chill at their living room during a vacation?

I don't know man.  Maybe if I go camping I would want all that stuff.  Otherwise, I just need a nice bed to crash on and a well kept washroom.  Hotel is the way to go. 

UNLESS, we're talking about ridiculously low prices like $35 a night for two people for a super nice apartment/house.

#6 conundrumed

conundrumed

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

Meh. The washer and dryer is nice to have for long haul vacations but why would anyone need a kitchen and living room? Most vacationers would be out and about discovering local cuisine.  Does anyone ever chill at their living room during a vacation?

I don't know man.  Maybe if I go camping I would want all that stuff.  Otherwise, I just need a nice bed to crash on and a well kept washroom.  Hotel is the way to go. 

UNLESS, we're talking about ridiculously low prices like $35 a night for two people for a super nice apartment/house.

Simply ridiculously better accomodations is all, even at the same cost, it's night and day.

Again, nice try. People simply have to check it out and decide based on their own discretion.

My travel takes are laughable, I'm a vrbo guy, I've done accommodations up the wazoo.

VRBO = 5 star. 4 star hotels? bwahaha....

#7 ifiwaschucknorris

ifiwaschucknorris

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

Never done vrbo. I do just-dreams. It's like booking a hotel but instead of a hotel it's condos. Usually nicer and about 25-50% cheaper than hotels. Comes with Kitchennette usually. Anywhere from 40-120/night plus I get all the hotel amenities like housekeeping, gym, pool, etc...

#8 conundrumed

conundrumed

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Never done vrbo. I do just-dreams. It's like booking a hotel but instead of a hotel it's condos. Usually nicer and about 25-50% cheaper than hotels. Comes with Kitchennette usually. Anywhere from 40-120/night plus I get all the hotel amenities like housekeeping, gym, pool, etc...

Checked out the club.

They really promote their "cruise" prices and a "secret society" pricing.

Seems kinda silly and laced in "elegant travel".

I'm a seasoned traveller and set aside about 3 months a year for a tent, a trailer, a condo, a hotel, a house, etc, etc.

One cruise, and it was my last. Malling it on a boat, I'll wait until I'm 70.

Their website tries to tell you that you've found this giant secret, which isn't the case. It's timeshare pricing.

VRBO has that too, but they also have 5 bedroom palaces for getaways with other couples and buddies where you aren't tripping over each other's elbowing at phenomenal prices.

#9 Carty

Carty

Advanced Member

• SeniorMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,080 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

The Marriott is usually pretty good...