The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlamesFanatic

Will The Flames Get a new 3rd Jersey???

I don't have an article that I can quote, but I believe there is plans to introduce a 3rd jersey next season. NO word on what the design would be though.

I'm pretty sure they were talking about it at the beginning of the season when all the hype about everyone else's 3rd's were coming out, and The Flames will be introducing a 3rd jersey next season, I believe Ken King said that the designs are pretty much done and agreed on as well, but nothing will be released until next season.

Here's a link about it (couldn't access the original article, so this will have to do): http://icethetics.blogspot.com/2008/09/fla...sey-for-09.html

Given what Ken King said about it a few months ago, it looks like it's not going to be a retro jersey. Personally, I'm glad - I like retro jerseys well enough... but when it comes to 3rd jerseys I'd rather see something new and interesting.

I wish they would do like a retro design based on these:

away_jersey-1989_big.jpg

Agree - I'd make the white flaming C a bit bigger, and put some black ribbing on the edges between the red and other colours, turning out something like this:

28mo4uc.jpg

(Yes, those are my l33t MS Paint skills in action) :P

ya i rmeember ken king saying the colours will be a bit different...

I wouldn't be surprised by a yellow jersey or something haha.

I wish they would do like a retro design based on these:

away_jersey-1989_big.jpg

Ah man that would be awesome if they went with these old jerseys. I love the throw backs from the 70s ( Van,Buff, and Pitt).

Wouldnt be suprised to see black in the jersey since pretty much every team has to have it in there. As long as its not something stupid like FLAMES written across the chest I cant wait to see them.

Something new, interesting and such would be pretty cool.

As long as its not a Bolts-esque on. (Flames on a red jersey? LOLPLAWKSNO).

Something like Pheonix's or St.Louis' would make me happy though(Some sort of jumping C of Red? xD)

I love my 89 jersey but I don't consider the Flames (or myself) old enough to call it a retro jersey.

Something new but still with a great big flaming C in the middle would be cool.

If they do, they should follow the trnd and go black. The best 3rd jerseys out there right now are Boston, Carolina and LA.

I wish Vancouver had black in their unis to justify a black 3rd jersey.

If they do, they should follow the trnd and go black. The best 3rd jerseys out there right now are Boston, Carolina and LA.

Totally agree. Black makes the team look faster for some reason, and I think Gretzky even attested to that a number of years ago speaking about Team Canada's black jerseys.

Really?Carolina? Has to be the 2nd ugliest 3rd jersey that came out this year right behind Tampa, that thing is hideous! I agree on the LA part, those are my favs, tied with the St. Louis ones.

Ireally don't know what to expect from them, or whaT I want, black is somewhat scary, I keep having flashbacks of that hideous horse head,

and keep seeing a black jersey with a red C, which no matter what else you do, will not look good. I'm excited, but also very scared.

Really?Carolina? Has to be the 2nd ugliest 3rd jersey that came out this year right behind Tampa, that thing is hideous! I agree on the LA part, those are my favs, tied with the St. Louis ones.

Ireally don't know what to expect from them, or whaT I want, black is somewhat scary, I keep having flashbacks of that hideous horse head,

and keep seeing a black jersey with a red C, which no matter what else you do, will not look good. I'm excited, but also very scared.

caralt.jpg

I am not a big fan of the logo, but the color scheme is wicked! Red and black is just an awesome combo. You guys have an opportunity here, so use it!

I think we should copy the bruins and go just yellow and black.......yeah you heard me, no red!

something like this....

flames_thirdjersey.jpg

I know it's horrible editing but it's just to help you get some sort of picture.

I think we should copy the bruins and go just yellow and black.......yeah you heard me, no red!

something like this....

flames_thirdjersey.jpg

I know it's horrible editing but it's just to help you get some sort of picture.

That with a Yellow C with Red outlining it and Red Stripes instead of Yellow would be awesome. Plus it would visually bug the hell out of all of the other teams and perhaps offer an advantage.

Still hoping for the Phoenix or sumthing more original than another take on the C.

Some really cool mean looking Dragon or the Horse thingy would be all they have options to use I think cause of the fact that another team dwells in Pheonix Arizona.

I wish we could copy the Bruins but the NHL regulates colors, and they are the only team allowed to wear Yellow / Black, other than the Penguins who sued for the right to use it.

So, they are the only teams in the league who share colors :P

As long as they dont go back to the horse look...that jersey was ugly.

They should do what the Hitmen have done...make a Christmas Flames jersey :P

Im looking forward to see what the new 3rd jersey will be like...If I like how it looks ill probably buy one and add it to my jersey collection.

something like this would be cool:

black3rddv9.jpg

it's a crude mock-up, but I like it.

I truely believe that will be what it looks like. However I can see a nice silver flaming C, rather then dark red on black.