The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyDeeds

Bombs Go Off At Finish Line Of Boston Marathon

I would have to say that immediately following a tragic bombing would be bad timing...   So actually yes there is...

I enjoy a North Korea joke as much as the next guy...   But...

I made the joke before knowing the severity of the bombings.  So, i must apologize.  Sorry for that.

I made the joke before knowing the severity of the bombings.  So, i must apologize.  Sorry for that.

I find that a little difficult to believe, as the link Deeds used when he started the thread opened with "Two "massive" explosions occurred near the Boston Marathon finish line at 2:50 p.m. Monday, Boston police said, resulting in at least three dead and more than 100 injured."...    and it was all over the news...

But it's ok Peeps, I'll let you off the hook this time...   But you are going to have to give yourself a warning point...   :)

I was only offended by the insensitivity of the "joke" and it's timing...   While I appreciate the thought, there is no need for any apology to me...

The people who need compassion, are the victims, their family and friends, and anyone else that was directly affected by this senseless act...

6349a0ca164a9fee0a5c3f53faf96f83.png

Lots happening in wee hours. Bombs, car chases, police shot  and suspects dead.

Wow this is epic. I've been glued to the TV from 1am unitl now (4:25am).  There hasn't been anything this intriguing since OJ Simpson's white bronco chase.  This is like made for TV.

Wow this is epic. I've been glued to the TV from 1am unitl now (4:25am).  There hasn't been anything this intriguing since OJ Simpson's white bronco chase.  This is like made for TV.

Did you forget about Chris Dorner? That was only a couple months ago.

Did you forget about Chris Dorner? That was only a couple months ago.

I didn't get to watch that on TV and it didn't seem to have this much media coverage.

In that event, I didn't lile how law enforcement gave Chris Dorner the death penalty without a fair trial... apparently smoked him to death by burning down a shed that he was held up inside. I would've liked to have seen a trial and heard all the dirty laundry aired in court.... but that's probably why they executed him first.  but that's another story.

2nd brother now in custody.

Sounds like they got him alive.  This is a best case scenario because it's going to answer a lot of questions about why they did this.

Some stuff  doesn't add up.

Teacher says the younger brother

Larry Aaronson, Dzhokar Tsarnaev's neighbor and a former teacher at the high school Tsarnaev attended, called him a "wonderful kid."

"He was so grateful to be here, he was compassionate, he was caring, he was jovial," Aaronson told CNN.

Friends:

"We're all, like, in shock. We don't really understand. There were no telltale signs of any kind of malicious behavior from Dzhokar. It's all coming as a shock, really."

Doesn't sound like the profile of a terrorist or bomber to me.

Parents claiming they are being framed.

Hard to know what is really going on when dealing with American press and American Law Enforcement.

Some stuff  doesn't add up.

Teacher says the younger brother

Friends:

Doesn't sound like the profile of a terrorist or bomber to me.

Parents claiming they are being framed.

Hard to know what is really going on when dealing with American press and American Law Enforcement.

Yea, apparently Dzhokar went to school on Wednesday morning, two days after the bombings, and went through an entire school day's routine as though nothing happened.  The school said they either have survellience footage or some check-in system that confirms he was at the school gym working out.

He doesn't fit the profile of a terrorist.

Yet, what upsets me the most is that the media stubbornly won't let go of this fact, painting all Chechnyans with a terrorist brush by linking them to Al Qaeda somehow.  They keep pounding us with images of the Chechnyan war and drawing conclusions of what may have absolutely no connection to the reason Dzhokar was involved. 

So they have all these new laws to bypass peoples freedoms and bypass the constitution in the US. It would be a shame to not make use of them and do some trial runs for later.

http://www.foxnews.com/

Sens. Lindsey Graham and John McCain say suspect in Boston Marathon bombing, captured after being found in a boat in Watertown, Mass., left, should be held as a potential enemy combatant, denying him a court-appointed attorney and other legal rights under the 'Law of War' so investigators can learn about other possible attacks.

So they have all these new laws to bypass peoples freedoms and bypass the constitution in the US. It would be a shame to not make use of them and do some trial runs for later.

I personally feel he should be treated with the same legal rights as James Holmes of the Colorado theatre shootings.  They are both Americans who killed a lot of Americans inside America.  As if James Holmes didn't "terrorize" people too.

I personally feel he should be treated with the same legal rights as James Holmes of the Colorado theatre shootings.  They are both Americans who killed a lot of Americans inside America.  As if James Holmes didn't "terrorize" people too.

I don't know what they should do with him. But I will say this.  Terrorist gain their power by the response.  Not the direct damage.  Civilized society is in many ways defined by civil rights.  Society needs to be careful that terror doesn't force them to go against hard won ideals.  

2 linked to al-Qaida arrested in Toronto & Montreal. Accused of plotting to blow up a Via train. Both are foreign nationals but we've had Canadian citizens arrested in other countries for participating in bombings etc, in other countries. Shortly after the arrest they're screaming for Canada to have them repatriated. If convicted they want to serve their sentence in Canada as our catch & release justice system would release them in no time. Even if they serve time our prisons are resorts when compared to most country's jails. They don't ask the countries where they recieved their training nor the 1s where their leaders reside.

Does the plot to bring terrorism to Canada bring it closer to home?

As a legal point, a law cannot "bypass the constitution" from a technical perspective. It will be interesting to see what happens. The recent trends in terrorism cases that have reached the Supreme Court have been to grant writs of habeas corpus.

Does the plot to bring terrorism to Canada bring it closer to home?

I've know it was closer to home for years...   To say I was PO'ed would be an understatement...

Just a couple of quick examples, each also has a number of other links worth a read:

http://www.pointdebasculecanada.ca/articles/10002905-alberta-gave-$250,000-to-islamists-who-financed-hamas%E2%80%99-fund-collector-and-invites-promoters-of-sharia-in-edmonton.html

http://pointdebasculecanada.ca/articles/10002775-edmonton-based-inter-masajid-shura-entities-fund-jihad-abroad-and-the-islamization-of-canada-in-spite-of-their-charity-status.html

and check this one out...   http://sheikyermami.com/2012/04/02/the-western-world-needs-to-be-brought-down-to-its-knees-and-replaced-with-an-islamic-state/

and that's just the tip of the iceberg...

Are there, or have there been, any pictures/videos of Dzhokhar in his hospital bed that can confirm he's injured as described and that he cannot speak?  Next thing you know, he's going to secretly succumb to his injuries and die in bed with what was apparently some answers from interrogation in writing... or so they say.

By the way, did they wrap up Tamerlan Tsarnaev's body and drifted it out to sea?  You know, just like how they had to respect Muslim burial laws when the military casted Osama Bin Laden's body out to sea?

Are there, or have there been, any pictures/videos of Dzhokhar in his hospital bed that can confirm he's injured as described and that he cannot speak? 

Just these pics of Dzhokhar so far...  

6a6205d74f80b2134c78b34992b17379.png?136

7659b54be122ed2574fabf753a549bf4.png?136

efabbfe751c0c6f64f3833b0a947bd36.png?136

But his brother Tamerlan didn`t look like he was doing very well...

Warning Graphic Dead Guy pic: http://gyazo.com/666a04c55e09d9ea0b2ca356a94df7da

For some reason Walmart & some other chains are holding a sale on aluminum foil this week.

:)

Hear ya...   There is enough proof already on both of these scum, that is what led to them being found in the first place...

Framed, my checking from behind...   :lol:

One thing I am thankful for, is that they were both too stupid to be able to cause more damage...

b54158803c7bb221f5be059ee2d46217.png?136

As a legal point, a law cannot "bypass the constitution" from a technical perspective. It will be interesting to see what happens. The recent trends in terrorism cases that have reached the Supreme Court have been to grant writs of habeas corpus.

I hear you but..

I was referring more to Homeland Security & the Patriot Act and this type of thing below.

The use of  Presidential Executive Orders to bypass the constitution. ie: Guantánamo Bay was by Executive Order - Executive Order 13492 - Review and Disposition of Individuals Detained at the Guantánamo Bay Naval Base and Closure of Detention Facilities - January 22, 2009

Here is the Boston Truth Revealed.

Check it out...

http://imgur.com/a/Nx8EU

That is a crazy link.  Got to love conspiracy theorists.  To bad some people actually get so distracted in the detail they miss the magic trick.  I mean really, is it more likely that:

1. Two mentally unstable individuals used household goods to create explosives to bomb a public event.  Then in the attempt to apprehend them one was killed and the other was incapacitated? Or, 
  2. A democratic government bombed its own citizens in an attempt to pass legislation that violates civil rights.  They then frame the crime on two individuals and convince 100s of people to go along with the cover-up.  They kill one of the 'suspects' and capture the other who they decide to nearly kill (rather then kill outright for some reason).  To cement the frame they also stage a number of car chases and gun fights.  Fortunately for them they do it so well, and the 100s of people involved stay so quiet, that no legitimate police organization or media outlet gets a whiff.    

Considering the US government couldn't even keep their presidents sexual indiscretions a secret I somehow doubt they took a gamble on a cover up of this magnitude (and then succeeded).  That is if you first grant the ridiculous assumption that anyone in their right mind would endorse a terror attack on their own country to pass a law.  

Got to wonder why common sense is so uncommon to some people.