The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The_People1

* * Official: Anyone But Canucks 2013 * *

Back by popular demand, ANYONE BUT CANUCKS!

Thread Specific Rules:
1. This is a special one time only thread for Anti-Canucks fans to cheer and celebrate the demise of the arch-rival Vancouver Canucks without interruption.  This thread will be strictly moderated for such.
2. Thrash talk is still not allowed on the message boards and so no rebuttals or positves about the Vancouver Canucks are allowed in this thread.  This thread is designed for one-sided arguments. Any counter arguments in favour of the Canucks will be deleted and/or removed without warning.  Repeat attempts to counter argue may result in a suspension or ban.

3. Off-topic posts may be deleted and/or removed without warning.

4. Personal attacks are not allowed.

5. Taking this thread too seriously may also result in a suspension or ban.

Thanks, and enjoy.

Sharks.gif

For a second I thought this might be a new thread about...

a7ace9c745930c1c3ca4bbb3a5c00261.png?136

...only to find out it's a new thread about...

547b52f3b1354f1b8293295d872ceb76.png?136

It's the battle of the choking fish in the first round! The Sharks are 3-0 against the Nucks this year if I remember right.

I'm gonna say Gomez ends their season.

For a second I thought this might be a new thread about...

a7ace9c745930c1c3ca4bbb3a5c00261.png?136

...only to find out it's a new thread about...

547b52f3b1354f1b8293295d872ceb76.png?136

It does not surprise me you or Carty would try to insert your obsession with Hooters into the ABC Canucks Thread

9a89c0dfd4d5d3d420ce0c036272f594.png?136

That is just "Udder Nonsense"

The Nucks have been working hard on team toughness as pictured here:

24005.gif?w=614

I am not sure if that will be enough though...

This shortened season they are fully prepared for what is the most likely going to be their outcome: *AGAIN*

f498ac472cee964c6be079889e2b6bfb.png?136

The more I think about it, the more I am a tad disappointed you would focus on Boobs when the topic is a sports topic. Although I can see your possible misinterpretation.

Women in all sports have been working hard to distance themselves of that Neandertal thinking:

4b0b2d38cdfb355141a6ac7fc6c69f42.png?136

31a2b47748f701285d8d4c43c21d0cde.png?136

93957aa9687feca1c13f3761a9b526d8.png?136

Loads of Canucks playoff tickets available raising questions about Vancouver market - Vancouver Province - April 27, 2013. 2:23 pm

If you’re looking for Canucks playoff tickets, you’re in luck.

Seats are available. Lots of them. All those dark blue dots could be yours. In fact, it looks like entire rows can be had in the lower bowl.

You can take your pick too. Seats remain in every section of the Rogers Arena lower bowl for the first game of the playoffs. Obviously there were plenty of season ticket holders who said no thanks when given first crack at the postseason tickets this year.

It probably says more about the price point than interest in the team, but it sure raises all kinds of questions.

Often tickets for event games like the postseason are stockpiled by the secondary market, and sold through sites like StubHub. But not even scalpers want a piece of the Canucks this year. They know they can’t make any money .

Why?

There’s been a downward-sloping demand curve in Vancouver and there are several factors, including the lockout, a team many view as stale and that team’s renewed commitment this year to play a more defensive style. You know, boring.

Mix in a fan base which has incredibly high expectations, one that has apparently  allowed itself to be spoiled by a few division titles and one run to the Stanley Cup final.

The joke last year was Canucks fans didn’t care until the playoffs. Now, there’s a suggestion they won’t care until Round 2. If that’s true, when would they care if the Canucks ever won a Stanley Cup?

Would this happen in Calgary?.....I think not! :lol:

Fantastic, the annual ABC playoff thread!! I love it!

San Jose in the first round eh.....not really sure what to think about it.

San Jose has the skill to be a powerhouse, but there's always been something kind of missing to take them over that hump.

I normally hate Raffi Torres, but man do I hope he KO's a couple of the Canucks, he's a playoffs type performer!

Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, Couture, Havlat, Boyle, and Burns....LETS GO BOYS!!! GET RID OF THE NUCKS IN ROUND 1!!!

Its really not surprising they are not selling tickets.  I think it is a really big issue for canuck fans that they are not considered a cup favorite.  Vancouver fans have high expectations for their team. and they have been very spoiled recently.  The cup runs of 1994, 2011, heck, even the Olympics have lead to a city that demands nothing but the best for their riots, on national stages to prove that they are in fact the best at smashing their city.  First round exits are just not good enough.  But honestly, with how high of expectations they have, the cutting edge training they employ, they have rioters with international recognition-something the average plunderer in Greece could only dream of. You have to give the fans something to believe in, and capture their imagination to sweep them up in a dizzying outpouring of optimism that this could be the year!  this year, they could go all the way and literally burn the city to the ground!

I believe Vancouver can have what it wants.  The first round isn't good enough.  Heck even the second round would - and should be considered a disappointment. 

No, that city deserves their riot to be after a conference finals choke job at a bare minimum!

Peeps what the fetch is that animation?

Fantastic, the annual ABC playoff thread!! I love it!

San Jose in the first round eh.....not really sure what to think about it.

San Jose has the skill to be a powerhouse, but there's always been something kind of missing to take them over that hump.

I normally hate Raffi Torres, but man do I hope he KO's a couple of the Canucks, he's a playoffs type performer!

Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, Couture, Havlat, Boyle, and Burns....LETS GO BOYS!!! GET RID OF THE NUCKS IN ROUND 1!!!

The Sharks were on fire to start the season and then in Sharks fashion, they went super cold.  I personally think it was because they brought in Scott Gomez and forced out Handzus.  The locker room was probably upset about that since they were undefeated with Handzus.  After their slide, they even traded Clowe because it looked like they were going to slide right out of the playoffs completely.  It wasn't until they decided to play Brent Burns at forward that they turned things around and they have been a decent team since.  Burns has the size to cause the Canucks grief.  Let's hope the Sharks finally get it done in the playoffs.

GO SHARKS GO!!!

sharkclose.gif

The Nucks have been working hard on team toughness as pictured here:

24005.gif?w=614

I am not sure if that will be enough though...

This shortened season they are fully prepared for what is the most likely going to be their outcome: *AGAIN*

Throwing equipment (funny how Bieksa hits his own player).....and maybe even a few games.

I predict a few injuries, and a butt load of excuses.  Everyone knows what the outcome will be.

2n1rp51.jpg

We might even get to see AV get his grass fired at the end. It'll be quite the show this year!!  popcorn.gif

The Sharks were on fire to start the season and then in Sharks fashion, they went super cold.  I personally think it was because they brought in Scott Gomez and forced out Handzus.  The locker room was probably upset about that since they were undefeated with Handzus.  After their slide, they even traded Clowe because it looked like they were going to slide right out of the playoffs completely.  It wasn't until they decided to play Brent Burns at forward that they turned things around and they have been a decent team since.  Burns has the size to cause the Canucks grief.  Let's hope the Sharks finally get it done in the playoffs.

GO SHARKS GO!!!

It is a proven model against vancouver.

The Sharks and the nucks, this is a choking showdown for the ages.  I really believe that both teams will bring there best and we will see players "show up" to not-show up like never before.  This series could make the Goaltending in the Pens-Flyers series last year a mundane storyline.

I am really excited to see the Joe-Lou storyline play out.  Both have a reputation to uphold and I think this year may finally put the debate to rest.

Burns has the size to cause the Canucks grief.  Let's hope the Sharks finally get it done in the playoffs.

GO SHARKS GO!!!

sharkclose.gif

Hopefully Burns can cause Schneider/Luongo the same grief Big Buff caused 7oungo when he was a converted D playing for Chi-town.

For the good of the Vancouver merchants I hope the Orca goes down for the final time in 5. That way there are less fans/looters downtown for the inevitible Canucks swan song.

Following another 1st round exit you have to wonder if the Canucks will find their balls long enough to go clean out their own lockers or if the equipment manager will have to Fed-Ex their stuff to them.

ABC!

This is the best thread MUWAHAHAHAHAHA...

I almost enjoy cheering against the Canucks as much as I enjoy cheering for the flames. A first round exit would be the perfect way to start the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

I love seeing all the Canadian flags on Boston's roster for that cup win. "I'm cheering for the Canadian team." "The Canucks?" "No, the Bruins."

Love this thread! really.

It always provides a great read after it gets going... looking forward to all the nuck gifs that inevitably get made...

Sharks will win this series because:

- they are due

- Niemi will out-duel Schneider like he did during the season series

- Canucks don't have their elbowing together and are hoping for an outstanding switch flipping ability

Canucks will win because:

* Not Allowed to say here*

should be fun either way...

Posted · Hidden by Pyromancer, May 1, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Pyromancer, May 1, 2013 - No reason given

Online Game FAQ - обзоры клиентских и браузерных онлайн игр. Лучшие игры онлайн 3d Новые браузерные и клиентские игры.

Sharks in 5!! Much like when Chicago had Byfuglien causing havoc infront of the net and the Sharks converting Burns to a forward  Louuu and Schnider and the D wont be able to handle it!!

My prediction... Lots of whining and crying from the Nucks!

941257_10151473368804753_973245873_n.jpg

A1VqJpUCcAIKUQr.jpg

Which player do you guys suppose will lead the Canucks in dives this series?

Should make a poll

A - Kesler

B - Henrik

C - Burrows (virtual lock for the head snaps leader)

D - Roy

E - Luongo

F - Daniel

G - Raymond (falling on his own doesn't count or else he's the obvious selection here)

H - Lapierre

Wow.. a lot of realistic candidates.

That's a deep team of divers... spread over four lines and goaltending.  Weak on the backend tho.

Dive.jpg