The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
DirtyDeeds

Game Day Thread Creation 101

Excellent tutorial DD.  I'm working through your lessons and hope to get some GDT's up over the season, better than my first try...

Question: does someone usually do this?  A schedule...?

Excellent tutorial DD.  I'm working through your lessons and hope to get some GDT's up over the season, better than my first try...

No schedule, per se, but there is a sign-up area where you can pick and choose what game(s) you want to create a GDT for.

Linky-poo --> http://fans.flames.nhl.com/community/topic/20953-2014-15-gdt-sign-up/

If you need any help just ask. I created that tutorial to help aspiring GDT creators and to help take off some the heat from a few who have been doing a large portion of them.

All it takes is a couple per season to start doing them and we will have one of the better GDT groups on the NHL net.

If you need any help just ask. I created that tutorial to help aspiring GDT creators and to help take off some the heat from a few who have been doing a large portion of them.

All it takes is a couple per season to start doing them and we will have one of the better GDT groups on the NHL net.

OK thanks.  I'll try and get throughout the tutorial in the next week or so and get to my first shortly thereafter.

I just discovered this page today.  Perhaps it would be useful for those making GDT (I know I'll be using it)

2014-15 Calgary Flames Broadcast Schedule (http://flames.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=101060)

Complete listing of all the TV channels (Shaw, Bell, and Telus, including HD channels) for the games this season.

Also found this page (as linked by the Flames official Facebook page), but I truly don't know how to get to it from the main site for any other games:

Projected lines (http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=734073)

I probably use gyazo more than any other tool in my GDT's. It is so quick to use and just grab whatever I want for a website. The fact they also host the image you capture for free is a huge bonus too.

Other than the team logos (which I find in google images), I use gyazo for basically everything in my GDTs. It's just way too easy to do that way. Really don't understand why other people use complicated ways to capture pictures and host.

Once upon a time, in a forum thread, far, far away, a magnificent thread was created to tutor prospective authors in the art of Game Day Thread creation.

Until a method can be found to copy that thread to this location, this humble link will have to suffice

http://fans.flames.nhl.com/community/topic/19161-game-day-thread-creation-101/

If you would like to participate in creating a Game Day Thread, please read this topic.  It will absolutely help in creating something you can be proud of for years to come (or, at least this hockey season).

Once upon a time, in a forum thread, far, far away, a magnificent thread was created to tutor prospective authors in the art of Game Day Thread creation.

Until a method can be found to copy that thread to this location, this humble link will have to suffice

http://fans.flames.nhl.com/community/topic/19161-game-day-thread-creation-101/

If you would like to participate in creating a Game Day Thread, please read this topic.  It will absolutely help in creating something you can be proud of for years to come (or, at least this hockey season).

Looks like that link is hidden...

f9c3ef96dfec9f7a2938a616629f1842.png

Thanks for getting this thread back up and out in the open again from whatever cesspool was holding it.

Now those of you who were looking for resources to do GDT's or figure out the in's and out's of postings on this website..... get to it..

Can we make sure when Mods attempt to close this section and this thread, that  you move this thread  so it can be easily restored for next year? or How about pinning it to a different forum until next years GDT section opens up.

Can we make sure when Mods attempt to close this section and this thread, that  you move this thread  so it can be easily restored for next year? or How about pinning it to a different forum until next years GDT section opens up.

Doesn't look like anyone has noticed your note to save this valuable thread Deeds...

Maybe if we posted a pic of boobies on here a mod would notice...

BOOBIES (Note to mods: You looked didn't you? :lol: )

• Like 1