The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PokernHockey

Flames Picks Making An Impact At Wjc Camp Early

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/monahan-shines-in-development-camp-game/

The game was divided into two, 30-minute halves, and another Flames’ first-rounder, Emile Poirier of the Gatineau Olympiques, gave the Reds a two-goal lead early in the second half from a scramble in front of Montreal Canadiens’ pick Zachary Fucale.

A significant part of the article is about Monahan so I won't quote it.

Good to see, hopefully they can both keep it up.

This is great news.  There hasn't been a Flames prospect star on Team Canada since Dion Phaneuf. I hope the Flames don't rush Monahan and Poirier and let them play Juniors and eventually on WJC.  Most likely Mackinnon and Drouin  will be rushed into the NHL leaving Monahan as the best Canadian Center.

This is great news.  There hasn't been a Flames prospect star on Team Canada since Dion Phaneuf. I hope the Flames don't rush Monahan and Poirier and let them play Juniors and eventually on WJC.  Most likely Mackinnon and Drouin  will be rushed into the NHL leaving Monahan as the best Canadian Center.

I was thinking the same that is sure looks like Monahan is first in line for the top line centre role on Team Canada and I think that could be huge for his development. Even if he made the NHL club I think they should consider sending him there.

The last Flames forwards I remember making an impact for Team Canada were Dustin Boyd, Marty Murray and Daniel Tkachuk (sp?).  Iginla was really good and that was about a week after he was traded from Dallas.  Nigel Dawes was also pretty good but he wasn't Flames property at the time.

Also, it's great that Jankowski is getting a look with this team.  Whether it's because of nepotism or that he earned it, I don't care, but it could be great for his development.  I understand that he played wing on McKinnon's line for one scrimmage.  That's got to be pretty exciting for him.

Also, it looks like both Sieloff and Gillies are locking in their spots on Team USA.  It's sounding like Sieloff may be part of the leadership group and possibly even wear the C.

It's good to hear some positive news for the Flames future...

8ed2a6287282989decc23a99f8fa2456.png

Reading the boards at the caSucks forum, they are all tooting their horns because Horvat got an assist.  They still believe that Horvat/Shinkaruk/Gaunce are > than Monahan/Poirier/Jankowski.  They're in denial that the Flames prospects are lighting it up.  They also think their future is bright.  Makes me laugh.

Keep laughing caSucks, it doesn't change the fact that the Flames are a better team and have MUCH better prospects.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/349556-wjhc-development-camp-lines/

/rant off.

Love watching Canucks kids squirm when they see Flames prospects doing well. :)

^ Well, that remains to be seen.  The Flames have the player with the best pedigree (Monahan) but otherwise it's a bit of a crapshoot who ends up being better.  I like the Flames players since they are skilled, smart and have character.  Granted, I don't know much about the Canucks players other than the reports that Shinkaruk is a bit of a turd.  I like what little I've seen of Horvat but certainly not as much as Monahan.  I still believe in Jankowski but I think he's at least 2 years away.

Either way, it's great having three Canadian forwards on the Team Canada evaluation roster.  It's also great having Sieloff and Gillies virtually locked in to what will likely be a very strong US team.

I'm not worried about the Canucks.  They are a franchise that is trending down and in basically the same position that he Flames found themselves circa 2008.  They also haven't demonstrated that they are particularly good at evaluating and developing and being patient with prospects.  Mind you, neither have the Flames.

^ Well, that remains to be seen.  The Flames have the player with the best pedigree (Monahan) but otherwise it's a bit of a crapshoot who ends up being better.  I like the Flames players since they are skilled, smart and have character.  Granted, I don't know much about the Canucks players other than the reports that Shinkaruk is a bit of a turd.  I like what little I've seen of Horvat but certainly not as much as Monahan.  I still believe in Jankowski but I think he's at least 2 years away.

Either way, it's great having three Canadian forwards on the Team Canada evaluation roster.  It's also great having Sieloff and Gillies virtually locked in to what will likely be a very strong US team.

I'm not worried about the Canucks.  They are a franchise that is trending down and in basically the same position that he Flames found themselves circa 2008.  They also haven't demonstrated that they are particularly good at evaluating and developing and being patient with prospects.  Mind you, neither have the Flames.

Oh, I know about the trends.  It's nice to poke a little fun when you get the anonymous canucks readers hopping over here on the Flames boards to see what we are saying.  I know that post above will grind them just a little more.

I'm not worried about the Canucks. They are a franchise that is trending down and in basically the same position that he Flames found themselves circa 2008. They also haven't demonstrated that they are particularly good at evaluating and developing and being patient with prospects. Mind you, neither have the Flames.

For all the slack the Canucks seem to take about their development system (like Red just did,and sax so eloquently went off about)... the Canucks have displayed a much greater than average ability groom their NHL talent...

The makeup of the core is basically all homegrown: Sedins, Kesler, Edler, Burrows, Bieksa, Hansen, Schneider (till recently) and Raymond (on his way out)... Upcoming on D - Tanev and Corrado. That's with drafting late for so many yrs. I'm really not sure what else you expected from an NHL lineup. Take a look at the best teams of the last 3-4 yrs and you'll see a comparable quality and number of home grown talent.

Flames home grown talent of the last couple yrs?: Iginla, Regher, Phaneuf, Moss, currently Brodie, Backlund, Giordano...

The forward the Canucks will be losing is superior than any forward the Flames have been able to groom over the last 7 yrs.

I almost feel for the flames fan like i did for the oilers fan when Tambi was at the helm...

So many solid looking prospects in the cupboard now... but do they have the system/philosophy and people in place to turn these guys into quality NHLers... and more importantly quality pieces of the Calgary core?

Outside of Monohan who is a sure thing of course.

- That last question is rhetorical, and will easily be answered 2-3-4 years from now... No need to hear people say 'it's all different now!' based on nothing substantial.

Given even personnel... i would take the Canucks track record with their development over the flames in a heartbeat. Their present home grown core is pretty great proof of that.

Mods - feel free to bounce this over to the Flames vs Canucks discussion Thread if need be....

s4xon, on 05 Aug 2013 - 21:36, said:

Oh, I know about the trends. It's nice to poke a little fun when you get the anonymous canucks readers hopping over here on the Flames boards to see what we are saying. I know that post above will grind them just a little more.

Maybe my post will soften the grind for the very few it may grind and turn it into the amusing read that it was for the rest of us.

The makeup of the core is basically all homegrown: Sedins, Kesler, Edler, Burrows, Bieksa, Hansen, Schneider (till recently) and Raymond (on his way out)... Upcoming on D - Tanev and Corrado. That's with drafting late for so many yrs. I'm really not sure what else you expected from an NHL lineup. Take a look at the best teams of the last 3-4 yrs and you'll see a comparable quality and number of home grown talent.

That's true up to a certain point.  The core of the Canucks is home grown and the responsible GM should be commended for it.  But that GM's name is not Mike Gillis.  It is a hybrid of Brian Burke and Dave Nonis who are responsible for drafting and developing the team that got the Canucks the Presidents Trophy and to the Cup finals.

Since Gillis took over in 2008 his draft picks have played 180 games in the NHL.  Unfortunately for him 77% of those games were played by Hodgson (and most with another team) after Gillis shipped him off just before he broke out.  Obviously, it's too early to judge the last two drafts but prior to 2012, with the exception of Hodgson, the Canucks drafting and development has been mediocre at best.  Maybe that's simply a side-effect of having a team that is full of veterans and finishing high in the standings.  Either way, like I said, the current Canucks regime haven't proven that they are capable of identifying, developing and being patient with their prospects.

Flames home grown talent of the last couple yrs?: Iginla, Regher, Phaneuf, Moss, currently Brodie, Backlund, Giordano...

Yes.  I think I pointed out that the Flames haven't been proven to be any better yet.  Although, there is reason for optimism.

Regarding the rest of your post, I think you're trying to make the case that the Canucks under Gillis are currently better than the Flames under Feaster at drafting and development.  You could be right but I think you're more likely to be wrong.

The Flames/Oilers comparison is an interesting one.  But it's not a parallel situation.  The Oilers have a bunch of small, skilled players and very few good complimentary (bigger, grinding, tough) players.  Also, their defense is, at the moment, one-dimensional.  The Flames have been mixing it up in terms of size, skill, character, etc.  It may pan out or it may not and there certainly are no sure things, not even Monahan.

Maybe my post will soften the grind for the very few it may grind and turn it into the amusing read that it was for the rest of us.

Not sure what this means.  Care to enlighten us?

Like I said, I'm not worried about the Canucks.  It could be argued that the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa and Luongo have all reached and passed their peak and are now on the steady decline downward.  I don't see anyone currently in the Canucks system that is going to replace all that talent.

Like I said, I'm not worried about the Canucks.  It could be argued that the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa and Luongo have all reached and passed their peak and are now on the steady decline downward.  I don't see anyone currently in the Canucks system that is going to replace all that talent.

That's it in a nutshell. Life after the Sedin's is approaching due to age and desire.

Failure is mounting.

Seeing as you want to include your team among the best teams (sorry your team is on the decline, old, bunch of pansies, and becomeing slow) and what has all that comparable quality and number of homegrown talent got you? How many cups?

Maybe you have the numbers, but just fall short on the comparable quality then?

Few things DL44. 

You are assuming that the homegrown talent of the Canucks is by far and wide better than the Flames homegrown talent. What we know is all the players in both groups you labeled are still playing in the NHL currently, so yes, both teams have developed these players.  It's what these teams do, after all, they are both a part of the NHL for a reason.

You go on to assume that a homegrown team core is always better than a roster that's been acquired, this is not so.  If the Canucks haven't been able to get the job done to date, even with the homegrown talent you seem to like to parade, then what good are they to the team?  At this point Gillis has left Raymond off the table, and gave away the Canucks #1 prospect Hodgson, now they gave away their future #1 goaltender for a measly chance on another prospect who is far from a sure thing.

Finally the one key thing highlighted above, no homegrown talent from the Canucks you mentioned ever will supersede Iginla.  The twins aren't even close.  Irrelevant blanket statement.  You added Schnieder to your list, Iginla just left the Flames at the tail end of last season. By your assessment then, both would still count at this point.

Henrik Sedin  182g   610a   792pts

Daniel sedin   291g  467a   758pts

Jarome Iginla  530g  576a   1106pts

But this isn't who's core includes the most developed players.  It's about which team has the deepest prospect pool, which sparked this whole discussion.  The fact is, is that the Flames prospects are making a huge impact outside the realm of Calgary and its affiliates, and most Canucks fans I see applying their said knowledge to the internet through their fingers aren't liking it too much and are fighting tooth and nail to try and prove the Canucks prospect pool is deeper and more skilled.  The fact of the matter is, it just isn't.

I almost feel for the Canucks fans like i did for the Oilers fan when Tambi was at the helm...
Not to many solid looking prospects in the cupboard now... but do they have the system/philosophy and people in place to turn these few guys into quality NHLers... and more importantly quality pieces of the Vancouver core?
Outside of ____who?______ who is a sure thing of course.

And yes, all of us here know you would take the track record of the Canucks with their development over the Flames' any day......but for me, it still comes down to one thing.  A Stanley Cup banner.

Oh dear..

Ok, I'll bite.

Redslinger, on 06 Aug 2013 - 19:56, said:

That's true up to a certain point. The core of the Canucks is home grown and the responsible GM should be commended for it. But that GM's name is not Mike Gillis. It is a hybrid of Brian Burke and Dave Nonis who are responsible for drafting and developing the team that got the Canucks the Presidents Trophy and to the Cup finals.

Since Gillis took over in 2008 his draft picks have played 180 games in the NHL. Unfortunately for him 77% of those games were played by Hodgson (and most with another team) after Gillis shipped him off just before he broke out. Obviously, it's too early to judge the last two drafts but prior to 2012, with the exception of Hodgson, the Canucks drafting and development has been mediocre at best. Maybe that's simply a side-effect of having a team that is full of veterans and finishing high in the standings. Either way, like I said, the current Canucks regime haven't proven that they are capable of identifying, developing and being patient with their prospects.

Yes. I think I pointed out that the Flames haven't been proven to be any better yet. Although, there is reason for optimism.

It's an organizational culture thing... They have brought guys up in a successful manner... and Gillis' work is still to be determined.

Hodgson looked ok.. Schroeder may be on the brink, and guys like Jensen, Gaunce, Corrado are, as you say, promising. Corrado appearing to be the late round steal teams luck into every once in awhile. Gillis work is far from being accurately evaluated at this point...

The kids under his watch have been afford the developmental time needed at lower levels over being rushed due to the general success of the big club. Patience with the youngens has been a strong suit of this organization over its recent run of regular season success.... people like you misinterpret that as a negative and a failure, when in fact that is just not the case.

He has said since his inception as the GM that he regard the Red Wings organization as the gold standard when it comes to player development, and that he's emulating it as well as he can... not rushing his prospects has been the Wings calling card..

Regarding the rest of your post, I think you're trying to make the case that the Canucks under Gillis are currently better than the Flames under Feaster at drafting and development. You could be right but I think you're more likely to be wrong.

No.. that's not quite what i'm saying.

I'm saying the organizations have differed with their ability to develop their prospects into their respective cores... not tied solely into Gillis and Feaster.

Drafting sucks for both teams. That much has been clear. Flames are now afforded with a higher quality prospects pool due to much higher picks, so they should have higher quality prospects... that much is clear and obvious. But what the organizations will be able to do with the prospects they have in their systems remains to be seen.

Flames with the superior prospects... Canucks with the superior development. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out and looks in 5 yrs.

Like I said, I'm not worried about the Canucks. It could be argued that the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa and Luongo have all reached and passed their peak and are now on the steady decline downward. I don't see anyone currently in the Canucks system that is going to replace all that talent.

Can't even pretend to have replacements for 3 potential HOFers... this game is cyclic, and the Canucks will have their tougher years ahead of them once they're gone.. all depends on the GM to do his thing to set itup in the coming yrs. Whether through the draft, FA, or trade. The Vancouver organization has at least set it self up as an attractive destination for certain types of FA... there will be a reliance on that in the future as key roster spots open up.

And then this mess of a post...

s4xon, on 07 Aug 2013 - 00:32, said:

Few things DL44.

You are assuming that the homegrown talent of the Canucks is by far and wide better than the Flames homegrown talent. What we know is all the players in both groups you labeled are still playing in the NHL currently, so yes, both teams have developed these players. It's what these teams do, after all, they are both a part of the NHL for a reason.

Well.. yeah, i am. But i never said "by far and wide better"..

The point was the Canucks retained their quality home grown talent and have incorporated it into key pieces of their core.

You go on to assume that a homegrown team core is always better than a roster that's been acquired, this is not so. If the Canucks haven't been able to get the job done to date, even with the homegrown talent you seem to like to parade, then what good are they to the team? At this point Gillis has left Raymond off the table, and gave away the Canucks #1 prospect Hodgson, now they gave away their future #1 goaltender for a measly chance on another prospect who is far from a sure thing.

I never said such a thing.

Finally the one key thing highlighted above, no homegrown talent from the Canucks you mentioned ever will supersede Iginla. The twins aren't even close. Irrelevant blanket statement. You added Schnieder to your list, Iginla just left the Flames at the tail end of last season. By your assessment then, both would still count at this point.

Henrik Sedin 182g 610a 792pts

Daniel sedin 291g 467a 758pts

Jarome Iginla 530g 576a 1106pts

Well never even thought of the individual comparison. No doubt the Flames hit a homerun with Iginla... just like the Canucks did with the twins.

Hardware,Playoff success, International Gold.. its all there for the 3 of them.

Iginla vs Daniel - or Iginla vs Henrik.. maybe not close right now.

Iginla vs the Twins... you would hard pressed to find anyone outside of Calgary that wouldn't want an elite pair over an elite single player. Wouldn't make sense.

But this isn't who's core includes the most developed players. It's about which team has the deepest prospect pool, which sparked this whole discussion. The fact is, is that the Flames prospects are making a huge impact outside the realm of Calgary and its affiliates,

No doubt... But i was talking about the next stage... once those prospect DO get into hands of the organizations that have drafted them...

and most Canucks fans I see applying their said knowledge to the internet through their fingers aren't liking it too much and are fighting tooth and nail to try and prove the Canucks prospect pool is deeper and more skilled. The fact of the matter is, it just isn't.

if you say so... I myself haven't tried to argue that at all. The Canucks prospect pool is probably the deepest its been - ever... so that probably has a few fans talkin crazy talk... I personally don't engage in prospect talk at all... too much of a crapshoot to try to argue about.

It comes down to results.

I've been happy with the production of quality NHLers the Canucks have produced over the last decade... and it's comforting for me to know the Canuck organization is very capable of development of their youth as shown my the makeup of their present team.

I almost feel for the Canucks fans like i did for the Oilers fan when Tambi was at the helm...

Not to many solid looking prospects in the cupboard now... but do they have the system/philosophy and people in place to turn these few guys into quality NHLers... and more importantly quality pieces of the Vancouver core?

Outside of ____who?______ who is a sure thing of course.

.. umm.. ok.

And yes, all of us here know you would take the track record of the Canucks with their development over the Flames' any day......but for me, it still comes down to one thing. A Stanley Cup banner.

me and everyone else.

But understand 'the hope' of flames fan that the direction of the flames development system will change with Feaster at the helm and with the high 1st rounders stocking up. But at the end of the day, there is nothing to support it other than some promising picks that haven't hit the flames development system yet. - other than Brodie and Sven.

I didn't realize me liking the track record of the Canucks over the Flames was equal to me liking the track record over a Stanley Cup banner... heh heh..

/thread highjacking...

I'll take myself back over the the NHL section now.

I would not use the term "rushed" for MacKinnon. There isn't a prospect in the league who's as ready to take on a scoring role than MacKinnon. Drouin, on the other hand, could probably use a year of seasoning a la Huberdeau.

Agreed that Mono is TC's 1st line center for the WJC at this point. With the graduations of Huberdeau, Strome, and Scheifele who have been mainstays on the WJC team in the past there's a fairly big gap in that area now. If Drouin and MacKinnon are both in the NHL, Canada really looks weak up front in comparison to previous years. Lots of good two-way, hardworking type players but little in the way of top-end offensive skill. When you're picking from the cream of the 2012 draft crop, there isn't exactly much to work with it seems.

Oh dear..

Ok, I'll bite.It's an organizational culture thing... They have brought guys up in a successful manner... and Gillis' work is still to be determined.

Hodgson looked ok.. Schroeder may be on the brink, and guys like Jensen, Gaunce, Corrado are, as you say, promising. Corrado appearing to be the late round steal teams luck into every once in awhile. Gillis work is far from being accurately evaluated at this point...

I agree and said as much.  As a matter of fact, I didn't say that Gillis has been proven to be ineffective in player drafting and development.  Rather I said that he hasn't been proven to be effective.  In other words, the jury is still out.

The kids under his watch have been afford the developmental time needed at lower levels over being rushed due to the general success of the big club. Patience with the youngens has been a strong suit of this organization over its recent run of regular season success.... people like you misinterpret that as a negative and a failure, when in fact that is just not the case.

What do you mean "people like me"?  Is it because I'm a black, Jewish, lesbian?  That's racist.

He has said since his inception as the GM that he regard the Red Wings organization as the gold standard when it comes to player development, and that he's emulating it as well as he can... not rushing his prospects has been the Wings calling card..No.. that's not quite what i'm saying.

I'm saying the organizations have differed with their ability to develop their prospects into their respective cores... not tied solely into Gillis and Feaster.

Well, frankly I don't think we really know enough about how well Feaster drafts or develops prospects.  As for Gillis, he has had the luxury, like the Wings of not rushing his prospects because his team was very competitive and didn't really have room for them anyways.  Even so, I don't really see any of that development time paying off just yet.  Of course, I could be wrong because I don't follow the Canucks prospects very closely.

At this point I think it's premature to say that the Flames have the superior prospects and that the Canucks have the superior development.  None of the Flames prospects have graduated yet, although guys like Monahan have the highest pedigree of the bunch.  In terms of the Canucks development, I'm not sure how you can qualify your statement that their development is better.  Based on what?

And yes, all of us here know you would take the track record of the Canucks with their development over the Flames' any day......but for me, it still comes down to one thing. A Stanley Cup banner.

me and everyone else.

Pretty sure this is the wrong site to be saying everyone.  Another useless blanket statement.

Let me try.... me and everyone else say the Flames are the best team in the league.  Solid.

Iginla vs Daniel - or Iginla vs Henrik.. maybe not close right now.

Iginla vs the Twins... you would hard pressed to find anyone outside of Calgary that wouldn't want an elite pair over an elite single player. Wouldn't make sense.

Pretty sure if we polled all NHL fans, most would take Crosby, Malkin, Tavares, Stamkos, Kane, Giroux, Datsyuk, hell even Toews, and even in his prime, Iginla over an option of the twins on their respective teams any day of the week.  This would include some Canucks fans too. 

Which leads to my second point.  You are trying to compare 2 guys to 1 guy and advertising them as a pair.  Stats, awards, and honors aren't given to couples, and last I checked they are 2 individuals.....well at least they are now, they may have been surgically separated at birth.

Anyone know how Poirier and Jankowski did in the game today? I haven't heard any reports. It'd be at least nice to know as stats don't say the whole thing, especially if Jankowski was playing 3rd line minutes.

Anyone know how Poirier and Jankowski did in the game today? I haven't heard any reports. It'd be at least nice to know as stats don't say the whole thing, especially if Jankowski was playing 3rd line minutes.

Uh, robo, this is a Flames vs Canucks thread..... :D

Janko had about 2-3 decent chances, but couldn't get the puck over the goalies pads...(story of my life as a Flames fan) and Poirier had an assist.  He tried to jam the puck home on a flyby, but the puck trickled behind the goalie parallel to the goal line and his canadian linemate was able to jam it home for the goal.

Janko was said to have an ok 1st, not really here nor there, then turned up his compete in the 2nd, and half way through the 3rd back to his neither here nor there play.

Poirier played decently, but he wasn't able to showcase much of his speed this game. Just the type of game I guess.

Highlights at TSN.ca.  Janko is #34, Poirier is #32.

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/latest/1/0/980079/clip/661#main/latest

Uh, robo, this is a Flames vs Canucks thread..... :D

Janko had about 2-3 decent chances, but couldn't get the puck over the goalies pads...(story of my life as a Flames fan) and Poirier had an assist.  He tried to jam the puck home on a flyby, but the puck trickled behind the goalie parallel to the goal line and his canadian linemate was able to jam it home for the goal.

Janko was said to have an ok 1st, not really here nor there, then turned up his compete in the 2nd, and half way through the 3rd back to his neither here nor there play.

Poirier played decently, but he wasn't able to showcase much of his speed this game. Just the type of game I guess.

Highlights at TSN.ca.  Janko is #34, Poirier is #32.

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/latest/1/0/980079/clip/661#main/latest

The title doesn't suggest it though. lol

I read the last post and go backwards most of the time.

At this point Gillis has left Raymond off the table, and gave away the Canucks #1 prospect Hodgson, now they gave away their future #1 goaltender for a measly chance on another prospect who is far from a sure thing.

You are right... Horvat is FAAAARRRR from a sure thing. Here's some news tho... nor is Monohan.

Both are promising as hell... but neither are locks for successful high end NHL careers that some are hoping or expecting....

here's a brief history of the 6th and 9th picks...

(first listed is 6th, next 9th)

92 - Stillman (Cal) v Petrovicky : 6th

93 - Kozlov v Harvey : 6th

94 - Smyth vs B Lindros : 6th

95 - Kelly v McLaren : 9th

96 - Devereaux v Salei : 9th

97 - Tkaczuk (Cal) v B. Ference (Van) : 9th

98 - Fata (Cal) v Rupp : 9th

99 - Finley v Lundmark : 9th

00 - Hartnell v Krahn (Cal) : 6th

01 - M Koivu v Ruutuu : 6th

02 - Upshall v Taticek : 6th

03 - Michalek v Phaneuf (Cal) : lean 9th.

04 - Ladd v Smid : 6th

05 - Brule v Lee : toss up

06 - Brassard v Sheppard : 6th

07 - Gagner v Couture: 9th

Still on to be fully evaluated...

08 - Filatov v Bailey

09 - Ekman-Larsson v Cowen

10 - Connoly v Granlund

11 - Zibanejad v Hamilton

i.e.. the picks are crapshoots and we won't know for yrs.  Once you get by the first 3-4 top picks...complete crapshoot. Hell, even Cam Barkers are drafted at 3... you just never know.

2013 picks look fantastic 4-5 WEEKS out.... we will have to wait 4-5 YEARS to really see..

See the thing is... 100% of the GM's that drafted the 6th pick above thought that he drafted the superior player to the 7th, 8th, 9th etc picks... they were wrong vs the 9th pick like 40% of the time... obviously much higher once you consider the players selected at 7th or 8th as well.

This post will be  a reality check for many.. but if you're at all familiar with draft history, no one would bother arguing over who has the superior prospects right now.... its a fruitless/pointless endeavour.

The title doesn't suggest it though. lol

Was meant to be a joke... :wacko: