The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyDeeds

G D T Canada Vs Sweden

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Up at 5 AM Strong fresh made coffee with a shot of baileys... Canada ahead 2-0 going into the final period. Price playing lights out....

Life is good...... Bring it home guys..bring this game home...

Phenomenal team play backed by a simply fantastic Price.

It was always ours not to lose, and Price was clinical in never allowing a deflating goal.

Awesome work by the coaches in making this tournament a Canadian clinic!!!!!

Think a 0.5 GAA is good enough to silence the people who say Canada doesn't have any top goalies anymore? 

Probably not  :lol:

Goaltending included, what a legendary team. Just rock solid, unselfish, relentless team play top to bottom. That was something special to watch.

I was disappointed in this game, but loved the end result.  I was expecting a *much* closer game than it was (I honestly expected a 3-2 game, given the hype).  I certainly wasn't expecting Sweden to not even bother to try in the 3rd period.  The Vancouver Olympic game had all the drama and suspense because:

• it was an overtime game
  • it was against the Americans
  • it was being played in Canada

After the second goal, you could see how deflated Sweden was, but I didn't think for a second that they would just mail it in for the third period.

All that being said, it's wonderful to have defended our Olympic gold.  Like Jim Hughson mentioned, O Canada is the only anthem to have been played at the Bolshoy, for both the women, and now the men.

A mighty fine morning everyone.  Canada dominated, and our country brings home both Gold medals for Hockey.  What a great showing by a team that was said to be an underdog in comparison to other contenders.

I was most impressed with Toews this game. The kid can lead and should have held the 'C'.  I was secondly the most impressed with Price.  What a strong performance throughout the tourney.

It's too bad we couldn't see Gio with a slab of gold hanging from his neck.  IMO he deserved the spot more than Hamhuis, but shoulda woulda coulda I guess.

Go Canada.  I'm certainly proud to call Canada my home.

Canada dominated play. Price was solid. Toews, Bergeron were beasts as well. The line that was fun to watch was Getzlaf. Benn, Perry nobody had and answer for these guys.

Team Canada''s play only verifies that great D wins championships, soft and skill does't cut it. 

Well done Team Canada!!!

Think a 0.5 GAA is good enough to silence the people who say Canada doesn't have any top goalies anymore? 

Probably not  :lol:

Goaltending included, what a legendary team. Just rock solid, unselfish, relentless team play top to bottom. That was something special to watch.

The bolded nails it for me. With the US and Latvia being close games, I just felt they were never in doubt. Phenomenal cycling from all 4 lines, everyone backchecking to a man.

Finally, FINALLY, we iced an international team that didn't focus on how much they SHOULD win by, they just went out and assured a victory with near flawless play.

Add in that I'm glad it wasn't just me that saw Price as our best goalie, hands down. I was a little nervous with Lu's shutout and many thinking he should get the next start, would've meant we're rolling with him.

Perhaps we win the gold with Lu regardless, but I felt if it's a 40-40 SOG game, I want Price, and Price alone as our tender.

His mechanics are as good as anyone's and he's really found the line between his mechanics and his athleticism this year. His coverage and rebound control are spectacular right now, and he's shown that all year. Hard to score when he gives you nothing.

A handful of possibly worrisome deflections amounted to nothing with him in the net.

He was relaxed and made it look easy.

My sole knock on Luongo is when he gets moving he has a tendency to cheat/lose his positioning.

Price was absolutely lights out and without panic, he made it look easy but I'd argue it wasn't.

He was stellar.