The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JTech780

Adirondack Flames Updates [2014-15]

I think the big O will be back up after the break perhaps he will still play in the ahl invite any way

01/22/2015 Joni Ortio (G) Adirondack ADD Returned on loan from Calgary (NHL)

01/22/2015 Markus Granlund © Adirondack ADD Returned on loan from Calgary (NHL)

01/22/2015 Tyler Wotherspoon (D) Adirondack ADD Returned on loan from Calgary (NHL)

01/22/2015 Taylor Vause © Adirondack DEL Returned on loan to Colorado (ECHL)

After this mornings news, these AHL transactions were somewhat surprising.

It looks like lots of ammunition is coming for the back-to-back with the Amerks on the weekend.

Since the AHL found a replacement for the ASG, I imagine there will be no retraction of Ortio's unavailability.12103

That kind of bites. Assigned after the news of Bachman getting the call from the Oilers farm team. Orts may have been involved in the decision, but that makes two years in a row he hasn't made It to the event.

On the other end of it was T=Spoon who was in transit, only to be told to turn around and go back to Addy.

I suspect that Spoon's assignment was just to get him playing the weekend and he will be back in CGY next week.

If I am not mistake, that leaves CGY with the following:

12 forwards

6 defense

2 goalies

GlenX and Smid on IR

Bennett on non-player roster injury reverve

Adirondack Flames (22-15-3-1) vs Rochester Americans (17-23-1-0) @ 05:05 PM MST [Fri, Jan 23, 2015]

Listen Live (For the addicts)
Twitter Feed (RT game updates) - twitter.com/AHLFlames - This is an active RT twitter feed. Sate your addiction.
Twitter Feed (Post Star) - twitter.com/dianacnearhos - Active twitter feed primarily for home games (Post Star AHL)

After another long break the weekend brings us a home & home series against the Rochester Americans.

The hold on 6th in the Western Conference is no sure thing with several teams behind within easy striking distance.

A simple solution is to just get back to our winning ways & leave these teams in the dust and start striking fear in the hearts of division-leading Utica Comets fans whose team is a mere 6 points ahead of us. Of course, we also have to learn how to beat them.

PREVIEW: FLAMES @ AMERICANS - adirondackflames.com
AMERKS BEGIN HOME-AND-HOME SERIES TONIGHT AGAINST ADIRONDACK - amerks.com
Flames, Amerks play two this weekend - saratogian.com

Calgary Flames send Joni Ortio to AHL, but he may not be there long - calgarysun.com
Calgary reassigns Wotherspoon, Ortio, Granlund - poststar.com

AHL Divison Standings   AHL Conference Standings   Adirondack Skater Stats   Adirondack Goaltender Stats 12294

Adirondack Flames 2 (22-16-3-1) vs Rochester Americans 3 (18-23-1-0)

1. RCH Armia, (10) , 5:21 (PP)

1. ADK Wolf, (10) (Poirier, McGrattan), 9:07 (PP)

1. RCH Dalpe, (10) (Larsson, Carrier), 10:21

2. ADK Reinhart, (6) (Potter, Culkin), 19:51 (PP)

3. RCH Varone, (9) (Armia, Grigorenko), 17:46 (PP)

Boxscore          Rochester Americans Highlights 1.23.2015 - Rochester Americans TV <_< [You-Tube]

Not a good start to the weekend with the Flames losing late in the 3rd period.

Both teams with 2 powerplay goals & 1 missed penalty shot.

McGrattan picks up an assist in his 1st game played since December 6th.

A must win tomorrow night in Glens Falls.

FLAMES DROP NARROW 3-2 DECISION IN ROCHESTER - adirondackflames.com
VARONE’S LATE THIRD PERIOD GOAL LIFTS AMERKS TO 3-2 WIN OVER FLAMES - amerks.com

Late penalties cost Flames - poststar.com
Amerks' Armia dazzles, and the best is yet to come - democratandchronicle.com

AHL Divison Standings   AHL Conference Standings   Adirondack Skater Stats   Adirondack Goaltender Stats12400

More news regarding teams moving to the West Coast.

I guess we will know a lot more after the AHL Board of Governors meetings on Sunday.

Sources: Worcester Sharks move to San Jose a done deal - telegram.com

Report: Worcester Sharks will move to San Jose - masslive.com

Flames decision looms - poststar.com

vs Rochester Americans (18-23-1-0) vs Adirondack Flames (22-16-3-1)@ 05:00 PM MST [sat, Jan 24, 2015]

Listen Live (For the addicts)
Twitter Feed (RT game updates) - twitter.com/AHLFlames - This is an active RT twitter feed. Sate your addiction.
Twitter Feed (Post Star) - twitter.com/dianacnearhos - Active twitter feed primarily for home games (Post Star AHL)

Another crack at the Rochester Americans and it is essential that we start accumulating some wins.
Most of the pack behind us won last night so the standings are tightening up with the Flames only 4 points ahead of the Hamilton Bulldogs who currently occupy the non-playoff bound 9th place.

Show us a win tonight Flames! :)

PREVIEW: FLAMES VS AMERICANS - adirondackflames.com

AMERKS LOOK TO SWEEP HOME-AND-HOME WITH ADIRONDACK TONIGHT - amerks.com

Shore ready to help Adirondack climb AHL standings - Calgary Flames Future Watch - flames.nhl.com

AHL Divison Standings   AHL Conference Standings   Adirondack Skater Stats   Adirondack Goaltender Stats12489

Good to see Wolfy continue with points in 5 straight games. Wondering out loud why Orti did not play last night. Hope he gets a chance tonight because we need the win. OKC bothers me with their winning record; are the best players for the Oilers on the farm?

Go Flames Go.

Rochester Americans 1 (18-24-1-0) vs Adirondack Flames 4 (23-16-3-1)

2. ADK Hathaway, (9) (Potter, Shore), 18:09 (PP)

2. ADK Wolf, (11) (Reinhart, Van Brabant), 19:31

3. ADK Granlund, (4) (Potter), 3:06

3. RCH D'Amigo, (6) (Schaller), 9:56

3. ADK Wolf, (12) (Granlund, Poirier), 15:07 (PP)

Boxscore         Americans@flames - Adirondack Flames TV [You-Tube]

GERMAN POWERS FLAMES PAST AMERICANS - adirondackflames.com

AMERKS HEAD INTO ALL-STAR BREAK WITH 4-1 LOSS TO FLAMES - amerks.com

Amerks finish first half of year with loss - democratandchronicle.com

Wolf, Ortio lead Adirondack Flames past Rochester - saratogian.com

The Flames extract revenge after last night's loss with a convincing 4-1 victory.

Joni Ortio returns to the Adirondack Flames from Calgary & responds with a 35/36 save victory.

Despite admirable performances from the back-up goalies, Ortio's presence is crucial for the Flames playoff run.

David Wolf with 2 goals increases his point streak to 6 games & counting.

He is definitely maklng a case for promotion up to Calgary at some point this season.

Despite a reportedly Big Bad Wolf reputation, he has had no penalties for 11 straight games now.

Markus Granlund returns for his 1st game with Adirondack since Oct 25th & nets a goal and an assist.

Corey Potter with 2 assists now has 5 in his last 3 games.

ADK150124_zpsdf45a087.png

AHL Divison Standings   AHL Conference Standings   Adirondack Skater Stats   Adirondack Goaltender Stats12489

Here are the All-Star break standings for the projected wild card cut-off to make the playoffs.

The wild card cut-off currently projects to 83 pts therefore the Flames need to play at a 0.500 Pt% to achieve 8th place.

A good run after the break could propel us towards 2nd or 3rd as Rockford + Utica are only ahead by 6 and 4 pts respectively. Flames - Make it so!

A collapse will result in moving out of playoff contention as teams in the 8th + 9th spot are only 4 pts behind.

AHLWest-15-01-24_zps0079559b.png

All-Star game Monday night with the Flames represented by Emile Poirier and Drew Shore.

Joni Ortio was withdrawn as per Berube, Bachman added to All-Star rosters - theahl.com

A long break for the rest of the team as the next game is next Saturday against the Amerks in Glens Falls.

The All Star roster lists Poirier, Ortio and Shore, although Shore is listed as a member of the Rampage.

Was looking at an old roster which had Ortio. We will have Shore and Poirier.

The All Star roster lists Poirier, Ortio and Shore, although Shore is listed as a member of the Rampage.

Ortio's not playing.  He was replaced by Richard Bachman of Edmonton's affiliate Oklahoma City Barons.

Treliving said he wanted to give Ortio some time to put his feet up and that the important part was that he was named to the All Star Team.

Possibly for a return to Calgary in the near future?

Adirondack Flame reps in action at the 2015 AHL All-Star Skills Competition.

Poirier, Shore enjoy AHL skills competition - poststar.com
2015 AHL All-Star Skills Competition Scorecard - theahl.com

2015 AHL All-Star Classic tonight @ 05:00 PM MST on SportsNet.

An unconfirmed sure thing. The saga continues.....

AHL's West Coast migration becomes official today - democratandchronicle.com
AHL officials mum, but reports indicate western move will take place - poststar.com

AHL OKs West Coast Division; Ducks will move Admirals - hamptonroads.com

After the "State of the AHL" address on Monday, all will be known. Or will it? :rolleyes:

If not Monday then surely Thursday when a AHL news conference goes down in San Jose, California.

Adirondack Report: 26.01.15 - Calgary Flames Future Watch - flames.nhl.com

Emile Poirier could be Calgary Flames' next young gun - calgarysun.com :)12730

travel_dude....Who could have predicted this at this point in time?

Are we seeing if they can contribute to our run for the playoffs or are we showing others what we have?

It's great to see Wolf brought up after his great play of late.

CALGARY FLAMES RECALL THREE PLAYERS FROM ADIRONDACK - adirondackflames.com

01/26/2015 David Wolf (LW) Adirondack DEL Recalled from loan by Calgary (NHL)

01/26/2015 Sven Baertschi (LW) Adirondack DEL Recalled from loan by Calgary (NHL)

01/26/2015 Tyler Wotherspoon (D) Adirondack DEL Recalled from loan by Calgary (NHL)

_________________________________________________________________________________

AHL president denies league has approved western move - poststar.com   For now ;)

Mum’s the word on future of Adirondack in the AHL - troyrecord.com

I am not surprised that Wolf and Wotherspoon were recalled, I am very surprised to see Sven recalled and I am not sure that I am fan of him being recalled at this point in time. I don't see him getting much playing time.

I am not surprised that Wolf and Wotherspoon were recalled, I am very surprised to see Sven recalled and I am not sure that I am fan of him being recalled at this point in time. I don't see him getting much playing time.

travel_dude....Who could have predicted this at this point in time?

Are we seeing if they can contribute to our run for the playoffs or are we showing others what we have?

It's great to see Wolf brought up after his great play of late.

CALGARY FLAMES RECALL THREE PLAYERS FROM ADIRONDACK - adirondackflames.com

_________________________________________________________________________________

AHL president denies league has approved western move - poststar.com   For now ;)

I was thinking about the roster and thought we had some easy fixes for some of the deficiencies.

Bollig, though playing better as of late, is still a black hole.  Wolf can be put in, in place of Bollig without much fear of being any worse.  As long as he can keep the line from being scored against much, he is worth his weight in gold.  Wolf would give a solid presence in front of the net on the PP (which has struggled terribly recently), and he may be able to tip home a few or get some greasy ones. 

Baertschi can slot in on Monahan's line.  His play without the puck has been good recently, and he is a better offensive threat than Bouma.  Bouma could slot back to his 4th line duties.  Byron would sit out.  Although Byron is a big part of the PK, he isn't adding any offense now.

Lineup might look like this:

Johnny / Jooris / Hudler

Baertschi / Monahan / Jones

Raymond / Backlund / Colborne

Wolf / Stajan / Bouma

Ex. Bollig / Byron

Defensive pairings could remain the same with T-Spoon playing in Smid's place.  Or he could swap in with Russell, and Russell moving down to stabilize the 3rd pairing.  No big risk either way.

I agree with you on Sven,,,,Quite possible that he is part of a trade and other club wants to see him in a game or so. 

Wolf good on him, hope he does well, if we can get some scores from the bottom end would be fantastic. 

I feel that it is a little early to bring Sven up (no points in 4 games) but what the heck, here we go again..

Wolf has earned a look at least.

Wotherspoon could use a few NHL games to motivate him.

I agree with you on Sven,,,,Quite possible that he is part of a trade and other club wants to see him in a game or so. 

Wolf good on him, hope he does well, if we can get some scores from the bottom end would be fantastic. 

Hartley said Sven was being bought up to replace Glencross. He has been our best top 6 forward and had been playing well enough to get the call. Considering the fact that Glencross was playing good 2 way hockey against the other teams best lines, to me this is a indicator of Svens good play, to give him this role. 

I don't see it as a part of a trade at all.

Hartley said Sven was being bought up to replace Glencross. He has been our best top 6 forward and had been playing well enough to get the call. Considering the fact that Glencross was playing good 2 way hockey against the other teams best lines, to me this is a indicator of Svens good play, to give him this role.

I don't see it as a part of a trade at all.

Agreed. The number of times a player is called up to showcase for a trade is roughly between zero and none. He was called up because he earned it.

One of the things that really bothers me about the farm teams (and not just ours) is the way they constantly shift from city to city.  Here's a list of just our farm teams since 2003.....

2003 - 2005: Lowell Lock Monsters
2005 - 2007: Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights
2007 - 2009: Quad City Flames
2009 - 2014: Abbotsford Heat
2014 - 2015: Adirondack Flames

5 different cities in 12 years, the longest tenure being in Abby.  Doesn't really give any place enough of an opportunity to develop any significant (or lasting) fan base.  This really makes no sense to me at all.

One of the things that really bothers me about the farm teams (and not just ours) is the way they constantly shift from city to city.  Here's a list of just our farm teams since 2003.....

2003 - 2005: Lowell Lock Monsters

2005 - 2007: Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights

2007 - 2009: Quad City Flames

2009 - 2014: Abbotsford Heat

2014 - 2015: Adirondack Flames

5 different cities in 12 years, the longest tenure being in Abby.  Doesn't really give any place enough of an opportunity to develop any significant (or lasting) fan base.  This really makes no sense to me at all.

And before that it was the Saint John Flames from 93-03. It really boggles the mind.