The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anie8706

FA Cup

Who do you think will win now? This one will be very interesting since a few big teams got knocked out in the last round. Go West Ham! COYI!

Nice to see you found a new passion given the demise of the Oiler's. :)

Perhaps you should post some of the Nuck dives/embellishments on your "soccer" teams' website so they can see how to make such endeavors less obvious. :P

West Ham is out and I think that's the end of having an interesting season. Andy Carrol is injured which is too bad. The coach has definitely brought them into the top ten in the premiere but now they just keep falling backwards. It seems to be a few steps forward and a bunch back for this club.

As for diving and embellishing. There's a few really bad ones but at least it makes it funny to be made fun of and even more so when the ref does nothing.

The atmosphere out here for this sport is really huge. I was in England when FIFA was on last year and I went to a pub for a match and the screams and the yelling and the drinking was more intense than what I've ever experienced before. Also, I like that there's not much stoppages and hardly any ad breaks. After watching American Football.... psshhhh....

Bit surprised that Aston Villa is still going forward In the FA considering they score so few goals. In the premiere they only scored 12 goals and that's the lowest ever at this point in the season. They don't allow as many though which is good at least.

The atmosphere out here for this sport is really huge. I was in England when FIFA was on last year and I went to a pub for a match and the screams and the yelling and the drinking was more intense than what I've ever experienced before. Also, I like that there's not much stoppages and hardly any ad breaks. After watching American Football.... psshhhh....

Yes the Brits do seem to scream a lot and they definitely drink a lot, and they have a world wide reputation for violence when they lose, not unlike the Canuck fans although the Brits don't start fires in the streets.... Well I don't think they have that starting fires in street rep.. I know their soccer fans were banned from some countries for a bit..

Yes the Brits do seem to scream a lot and they definitely drink a lot, and they have a world wide reputation for violence when they lose, not unlike the Canuck fans although the Brits don't start fires in the streets.... Well I don't think they have that starting fires in street rep.. I know their soccer fans were banned from some countries for a bit..

I don't know, I haven't seen it kick off when England lost in the FIFA cup in the past summer. When it does kick off it gets sorted out anyway.

Yeah there's the hooligan groups out there and definitely neighbourhoods you don't show certain football colours. I've felt safe here anyway, women don't get involved in that sort of thing and even if I did get hit. Immediately there'll be intervention. You just don't hit women here. Period.

Also, England being violent.... hmm.... I feel safer here than Edmonton. When it comes to serious crimes, repeatedly I've seen more major news happening in Canada than the area I live in.

Woah DD that's a bit simplisitc!  That's like me saying all Canadians go Eh! and drink maple syrup by the pint.

And thankfully a bit outdated.  I am not a football fan as such (bunch of overpaid prima donnas)  but the football hooliganism of the 70s & 80s thankfully is long gone.   Our football fans do still have their moments but nowhere near as bad as it used to be. 

Now rugby fans are a great bunch of people.

Cricket is a game for gentlemen played by gentlemen,

Football is a game for gentlemen played by hooligans,

Rugby Union is a game for hooligans played by gentlemen,

And Rugby League is a game for hooligans played by hooligans.