The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

freakofnature

2015 World IIHF Championship

Anyone watching/following this?  Looks like Canada has a decent team this year.  Maybe we'll end our medal drought.  First game Friday morning vs Latvia.  :)

I'm following! Canada has very good team this year. Also Russia has very good team, my bet is they are in finals. And Finland v Sweden bronze game. I hope Switzerland or Slovakia will take a medal but lets see. I cheer for Finland and thank god Pekka Rinne is our goalie! 

First game against USA was terrible...

Now we won 3-0 against Denmark. Looks better! Go FINLAND

... Amazing, Canada won 10-0 that is ridiculous!! 

Norway - Finland: 0-5 !! 

Joonas Kemppainen with 2 goals and 3 points! Looked very good!
Esa Lindell 1 goal and 3 points! (Dallas Stars prospect)
Pekka Rinne solid brick wall :)

Finland - Slovenia 4-0 !! Pekka Rinne 3rd game in a row SVS%100!!
Joonas Kemppainen with another goal, I think he is coming to North America!!

GO FINLAND

I'm following Finland - Slovakia game but I need to say that Joonas Donskoi looks very very good, his hands are amazing. Does not have any goals yet but he looks amazing! 
I just think is he FA? He is Florida Panthers #99 pick from 2010 draft.

That pesky French team!  Beat Canada last year and made things interesting this year.  Canada managed to eek out the 4-3 win and went to 5-0-0 in the tournament.  :)

whats with this French team?  There meant to be a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys.  What a way to dispel a stereotype!  Although they are bottom of their group they got 1 win and have been in all their games and only have 1 NHL player on the roster.

Finland beat Russia 4-3 in shootout!

Top players were Joonas Donskoi, Alexander Barkov and Pekka Rinne!

Leo Komarov's 5+20 penalty was so ridiculous!!!!

Rinne is having an amazing tournament.  :)

Canada finished off the round robin with a 10-1 win over Austria.  They'll face Belarus in the quarter finals.  Canada has never lost to Belarus but Belarus is having a good tournament and there's a first time for everything.  Having said that, I expect Canada to break their five year losing streak in the quarter finals this year.  :D

Canada made it out of the quarter finals for the first time in five years.  :D  We've got the Czechs next in the semi finals.  Should be a good game.

Hey guys!  Canada is the 2015 IIHF World Champion!  :D  They absolutely dominated Russia in the final this afternoon and won 6-1.  :D

Brent Burns was named best defenseman and Jason Spezza was best forward.  Pekka Rinne was best goalie.  Jagr was tournament MVP.  The Americans shut out the Czechs to win the bronze medal.

Crosby joined the "Triple Gold" club.  Stanley Cup, Olympic gold, and WC gold.  (I wonder if there's a Scott Niedermayer category for having won everything known to man.  :lol:)

Also, they were offering a bonus of 1 million Swiss francs (1.3 Canadian dollars) to any team that could win all their games in regulation and Canada managed to pull that off.  They absolutely dominated this year's tournament.  :)

That they did FoN.

The only thing better than kicking Russia's butt is Canadian Gold while Russia finishes out of the medals. :)

That Giroux pass to Seguin was a thing of beauty. Also so funny seeing Crosby set up Giroux and them being buddies after the sheer hatred they've shown for one another in the Philly vs. Pittsburgh rivalry. That amused me greatly  ^_^

So, this popped up in my newsfeed on Facebook this afternoon.  http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25188722/russia-facing-iihf-punishment-for-actions-following-world-championship

Very rude.  I actually didn't notice Russia leaving the ice before the anthem and no one said anything about it during the broadcast.  At least a few of them showed some class.

Canada dominated this one, scoring a record 66 goals and becoming the first team to collect the million Swiss Franc bonus for going 10-0 without requiring overtime or a shootout.

So, this popped up in my newsfeed on Facebook this afternoon.  http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25188722/russia-facing-iihf-punishment-for-actions-following-world-championship

Very rude.  I actually didn't notice Russia leaving the ice before the anthem and no one said anything about it during the broadcast.  At least a few of them showed some class.

From what I gathered only 6 players stayed on the ice, Malkin and Ovi actually tried to stop the rest of the team from leaving the ice (which is definitely a plus in the class department for me).