Jump to content
The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
travel_dude

Stockton Heat Updates [2016-2017]

Recommended Posts

Nice to see a bounce back after a horrific stretch. 5-2 in their last 7 and all of their wins have been by 2 goals or more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone aware of what the defense pairing are when Kulak, Andersson, and Wotherspoon are all playing?

 

Is Culkin hurt or scratched most nights? He's promising play 2 years ago sure seems to be a fading memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JA_Boomer said:

Is anyone aware of what the defense pairing are when Kulak, Andersson, and Wotherspoon are all playing?

 

Is Culkin hurt or scratched most nights? He's promising play 2 years ago sure seems to be a fading memory.

 

Kulak injured.  Culkin may be injured because he's not in the lineup and not assigned to Addy.  Kanzig is playing.

Spoon was playing with Andersson on the 1st pair.  Andersson now in CGY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On another note, Tim Harrison has signed an ATO to play in Stockton.  His college career is done.

Pollack is now up with Stockton because of Klimchuk's injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

 

Kulak injured.  Culkin may be injured because he's not in the lineup and not assigned to Addy.  Kanzig is playing.

Spoon was playing with Andersson on the 1st pair.  Andersson now in CGY.

 

Thanks. There was a few games where I thought Kulak, Andersson, and Spoon all dressed, was just wondering who got bumped to the 2'nd pair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, travel_dude said:

On another note, Tim Harrison has signed an ATO to play in Stockton.  His college career is done.

Pollack is now up with Stockton because of Klimchuk's injury. 

 

 

Nit picking, but to clarify he actually signed an ATO with Adirondack. He'll play at the ECHL level not the AHL right now which makes sense to me. he may not be worth an AHL deal at this point. Some good attributes but he really hasn't taken steps forward offensively you would want to see. Give him a chance to maybe earn an AHL deal next year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cross16 said:

 

 

Nit picking, but to clarify he actually signed an ATO with Adirondack. He'll play at the ECHL level not the AHL right now which makes sense to me. he may not be worth an AHL deal at this point. Some good attributes but he really hasn't taken steps forward offensively you would want to see. Give him a chance to maybe earn an AHL deal next year 

 

Nit pick if you like.  I read it wrong.  It was indeed a low risk way of seeing if he can impress enough for a AHL deal next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JTech780 said:

 

Good to see him coming over to North America.

 

He hasn't put up very many points. Does that mean a stay at home?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JTech780 said:

 

Good to see him coming over to North America.

 

I agree.  I have been hoping that he would come over here for the last little while.  I like the kind of game he brings.  Reminds me a bit of Regher, without the awesome offense. :)  Actually, I could care less about the offense as we don't have anyone other than Engelland that provides that big body, hard hitting presence.  AT least that's what I remember of AOM.  Though he looked good in the WJC until he got injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy he is coming here too and hopefully this is a precursor to him signing. Big, physical stay at home dman but with a decent first pass as well and someone who I think could transition quickly to the NA game. Mobility needs some work but it looked to be improving over the years. He adds a element the flames need in Stockton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being in the top league in Sweden you would think his mobility would be at it's best I guess they will just take any one who can wave a stick. :) I hope he can stay here on NA turf and become a great commodity for the Flames as a player or a chip in a quality trade. I know not nice he just got here. But in my defence we have Hickey coming I hope and he is also a stay at home D man with a hug up side lots of mobility. You can have so many of that type of player me thinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Kudos to JTECH from his suggestion for BT to consider more College players due to trading away the 2nd round picks lately. BT in an interview said this is one of the reasons for obtaining Josh Healy D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stockton needs 1 point in its last 2 games to clinch a playoff spot. Havn't lost in regulation in 9 straight and 6 wins in their last 9 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I like seeing Gillies gets time in NHL practices, I hope that he gets to return for the AHL playoffs.

In other words, CJ needs to get back soon.

 

Janko is leading the team in almost every category.  Have 7 other skater with >= 10 goals.

Poirier hasn;t played wiith the team for some time now, due to personal reasons.

 

One player I wished we had kept was Agostino.  League MVP and 83 points this season.  May never be a NHL star, but I thought the decision to let him walk was not the best.

Might just have been clearing house of Feaster trade results. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to Stockton. By all reports they've played some solid hockey lately so hopefully they can get hot again and get on a little run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5-3 now in the 2nd. Shinkaruk with the 5th after the 'cudas fought back to 4-3 and Gillies replaced by Rittich who made a spectacular save prior to Shink's goal.

Game has opened right up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...