Jessemadnote39

Realistic Trade suggestions for improvement

14,277 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

As it is 16 teams make it 15 dont. I'd love to see all 15 teams or even just bottom 8 in a true equal odds lottery. Or maybe the top 8 of the non-playoff teams.

I know theres probably some obivous drawbacks to that formula but I still stand by it.

I'd love zero lottery. 31-1 every round.

#1 is overrated. Just give it to the team in last.

Lottery is an over-thought joke imo.

Zero support from me.

1 hour ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

As it is 16 teams make it 15 dont. I'd love to see all 15 teams or even just bottom 8 in a true equal odds lottery. Or maybe the top 8 of the non-playoff teams.

I know theres probably some obivous drawbacks to that formula but I still stand by it.

I still like the 1 where the team with the best record (% wise) after being officially eliminated picks 1st. That means not selling off your best to be as bad as possible & trying in all games.

It also makes for what are the weaker teams becoming spoilers so contenders can't rest their stars since they are a fight for the top.

I figure it results in better hockey all around.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Flyerfan52 said:

That was the draft where everyone wanted to draft a Finn. I'm happy with the Jets getting Laine but would be surpised if Oilers & Canucks wouldn't love a do-over. Their loss turned into 1 heck of a gain for Calgary. :)

I'm not really sure why the Wet Mammals chose Yo-levy over Tkachuk.  Guess they believed that he was NHL ready or something.

The Oilers GM couldn;t get to the mike fast enough.  Don't even think he checked with the scouts (as if they know anything) about who was left on the board.  They obviously had their choice for #4 worked out thinking they would not get a chance at Puljujarvi.

Wonder why they didn;t argue over it.  

The funny thing about that draft was that we placed were originally picking between CBJ and WPG.  A win in a meaningless game 82 (Bollig and Seiloff scored and Backstrom won) and we lose out on #3.  Alternatively, we were beating the Kings until 36 seconds remaining in the 3rd (Versteeg scored) and lost in OT (Carter).  A win in that game, shootout, OT or regulation and we pick 2nd.

Tkachuk is a nice colsolation prize to missing out on Laine.      

5 minutes ago, Flyerfan52 said:

I still like the 1 where the team with the best record (% wise) after being officially eliminated picks 1st. That means not selling off your best to be as bad as possible & trying in all games.

It also makes for what are the weaker teams becoming spoilers so contenders can't rest their stars since they are a fight for the top.

I figure it results in better hockey all around.

The lotto is geared towards helping out a team that is a perennial loser (or tanker) to get a "generational" player and make the league better.  

That's what they would have you believe.

Teams that aren;t tanking (supposedly) trafe away everything close to a NHL player to ensure they will finish in the bottom.

Oilers did it every year.

Even with McJezzub, they still have only picked worse than 10th once.

https://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/candid-camera-ottawa-senators-players-caught-on-video-joking-about-team-badmouthing-coach/wcm/d1b7eeb8-9d42-4e4a-ba22-9ae2e2ea5d66

Matt Duchene

Thomas Chabot

Chris Wideman

Could they be available after this video?

Duchene literally saying he hasn't paid attention in meetings in 3 weeks.

Chabot making fun of the coach quzzing players.

19 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

https://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/candid-camera-ottawa-senators-players-caught-on-video-joking-about-team-badmouthing-coach/wcm/d1b7eeb8-9d42-4e4a-ba22-9ae2e2ea5d66

Matt Duchene

Thomas Chabot

Chris Wideman

Why would we want Duchene? Is it a coincidence, that the Avalanche took off after Duchene was traded, and he is supposed to be a leader on that team and that is how he acts. 

There is no way they are trading Chabot, he has been their best player and is just starting to take off.

24 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Matt Duchene

Thomas Chabot

Chris Wideman

This is a dick move video. Everyone gets together with work buddies and bicker, it doesn't need to become news.

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

This is a dick move video. Everyone gets together with work buddies and bicker, it doesn't need to become news.

It's just lockeroom talk right?

*Sigh*

Just now, The_People1 said:

It's just lockeroom talk right?

*Sigh*

Yup.

God knows where I'd be if you put me under random surveillance. Again, Dick move.

Can we lose the camera's already?

Internet shaming, like this. All of the bullSatoshi Nakamoto already?

You can't blow off steam, you're being filmed.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, JTech780 said:

Why would we want Duchene? Is it a coincidence, that the Avalanche took off after Duchene was traded, and he is supposed to be a leader on that team and that is how he acts. 

There is no way they are trading Chabot, he has been their best player and is just starting to take off.

No kidding. Duchene is the elder statesman in that van and he's got an "A" on his jersey too.  Yet, he's leading the whole "I haven't paid attention in 3 weeks" rant.  Chabot can be forgiven considering his talent and age.  He's still just a kid.

Can you say, it's going to be awkward at work tomorrow for the Sens?  Does someone have to go?  Maybe the coach resigns?  He clearly doesn't have the room.  The players clearly don't buy what he's selling.

That's a nothing video. No one here has ever complained about their boss? Fact it went public is shameful on whoever allowed it. total breach of their privacy. 

I think its a nothing story and wont likely likely lead to anything. Duchene isn't a trade target of mine because he'll cost too much. 

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

Yup.

God knows where I'd be if you put me under random surveillance. Again, Dick move.

Can we lose the camera's already?

Internet shaming, like this. All of the bullSatoshi Nakamoto already?

You can't blow off steam, you're being filmed.

You might be President of the United States.

Buy hey, we've all complained about our boss.  It's easy to say, Duchene should've been a leader and talked to the coaches man to man in private to express his concerns about the X's and O's.  Then this wouldn't have happened.  But hey, these millennials... 

5 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Duchene isn't a trade target of mine because he'll cost too much. 

Will he cost too much after an incident like this?

His character and reputation must have taken a hit.  OTT was looking to sell him at TDL and cash in.  Too bad now.  It's not Hoffman bad but it's still not a good thing.

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

You might be President of the United States.

Buy hey, we've all complained about our boss.  It's easy to say, Duchene should've been a leader and talked to the coaches man to man in private to express his concerns about the X's and O's.  Then this wouldn't have happened.  But hey, these millennials... 

He probably has, and it's stressing him out - angle coming atcha, lol.

Horrendous video. That could be anyone and their buddies having the worst minute of their week.

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

Will he cost too much after an incident like this?

His character and reputation must have taken a hit.  OTT was looking to sell him at TDL and cash in.  Too bad now.  It's not Hoffman bad but it's still not a good thing.

Yup. This is a nothing story that will have no impact on his value and will be done in a few days. 

3 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Matt Duchene

Thomas Chabot

Chris Wideman

There was also Chris Tierney. Dylan DeMelo (both acquired from the Sharks), Alex Formenton (Ott. Second round pick in 2017), and Colin White (Ott. First Round Pick 2015) involved in this as well. 

What's telling is that Tierney and DeMelo have both been with San Jose for a few years, including on their PP (and Tierney was a pretty key part of their PK as well) and they are also part of making fun of how bad their PP and PK were under that coach. At some point, it's not necessarily the players.

Yes, Duchene could have taken a bit of a different approach, but as he said he hadn't paid attention to those meetings in 3 weeks, and is getting quizzed by the coach, and presumably passing those quizzes, is probably a sign of how bad that coach is. Also, if Ottawa was eating salary, or taking some back (like say, Stone), I wouldn't complain about him coming here. He could do some serious work on our non-existent second PP unit, and would be able to allow us some solid depth at center for the year (and by depth, I mean allowing us to better deploy Monahan and Backlund, giving us 3 strong centers), but with his contract is up this offseason, so I wouldn't pay a lot to get him.

7 hours ago, cross16 said:

Yup. This is a nothing story that will have no impact on his value and will be done in a few days. 

By itself I agree. But there has been a bunch of negative news around Duchene and the Senators, and Duchene and Colorado before that. So I do think it impacts Duchenes value. But I agree not enough to put us in the running. 

Even ignoring the cultural fit. We can't afford to give up a bunch of assets for a forward, especially if it is a rental. We also don't have the cap space to sign him long term even if he is willing. 

Maybe if you could do something like Bennett, Ryan, Stone. But that is a classic homer offer of take two of my problems and a middling piece for our number 1 C. I doubt it's available. 

That said

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm 

Tkachuk-Duchene-Neal

Frolik-Backlund-Czarnik

Looks kinda exciting. 

2 hours ago, kehatch said:

By itself I agree. But there has been a bunch of negative news around Duchene and the Senators, and Duchene and Colorado before that. So I do think it impacts Duchenes value. But I agree not enough to put us in the running. 

Even ignoring the cultural fit. We can't afford to give up a bunch of assets for a forward, especially if it is a rental. We also don't have the cap space to sign him long term even if he is willing. 

Maybe if you could do something like Bennett, Ryan, Stone. But that is a classic homer offer of take two of my problems and a middling piece for our number 1 C. I doubt it's available. 

I guess I also just don't view Duchene as a leader and never really have. The way he handled his exit from Colorado told me you didn't have a leader on your hands so this video doesn't change anything for me. Not ever player is a leader and for me Duchene is just a really skilled player and a team interested in acquiring him is going after him for that reason. 

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, cross16 said:

10 hours ago, Khrox said:

There was also Chris Tierney. Dylan DeMelo (both acquired from the Sharks), Alex Formenton (Ott. Second round pick in 2017), and Colin White (Ott. First Round Pick 2015) involved in this as well. 

What's telling is that Tierney and DeMelo have both been with San Jose for a few years, including on their PP (and Tierney was a pretty key part of their PK as well) and they are also part of making fun of how bad their PP and PK were under that coach. At some point, it's not necessarily the players.

Yes, Duchene could have taken a bit of a different approach, but as he said he hadn't paid attention to those meetings in 3 weeks, and is getting quizzed by the coach, and presumably passing those quizzes, is probably a sign of how bad that coach is. Also, if Ottawa was eating salary, or taking some back (like say, Stone), I wouldn't complain about him coming here. He could do some serious work on our non-existent second PP unit, and would be able to allow us some solid depth at center for the year (and by depth, I mean allowing us to better deploy Monahan and Backlund, giving us 3 strong centers), but with his contract is up this offseason, so I wouldn't pay a lot to get him.

2 hours ago, kehatch said:

Fair to say, OTT has positioned themselves to be sellers at TDL this season and the plan since day one was to trade Duchene.  I do believe this video revealed a primadonna "I don't need to listen to the coach" attitude that Cup contending teams will shy away from.  Thus, lessens teams interests.

Anyways, I don't want Duchene because through 15 games, we are tied for the highest scoring team in the entire NHL.  Our problem is defending and goaltending.

So the guy I'm super interested in is Chabot.  He's a stud and in my opinion above Noah Hanifin. I'm wondering if OTT would consider a Hanifin/Chabot trade... Using this video as justification for their decision.

10 hours ago, Khrox said:

Common complaining about their work. Did we not have a squad laughing in the media about Gully having a melt down. It happens for me i would be reversing this on them, so whats the solution to the problem you think we have? Maybe Ott problem is you need olayers that are part of the solution and not thr problem. This is not a slight on Ott as it is on the individuls them selves. 

Do we really think Guy Boucher and his staff only say nice things about the players when they are not there? Coaching staff always listen to what the players have to say?

Taking this way too seriously if we think anything is going to come of this. 

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

Do we really think Guy Boucher and his staff only say nice things about the players when they are not there? Coaching staff always listen to what the players have to say?

Taking this way too seriously if we think anything is going to come of this. 

Much like the famous Burke comments about Bobby Ryan.

Is there nothing to talk about in Ottawa other than cyber bullying, how someone wants out, how so and so feels like the coach is a tool, how....how....

Once upon a time, news was reported.  Now news has to trend.  Be the first to re-tweet it.  Like it.  Baaah....baaaah....No wonder people are so screwed up.

Reminds me off the reporter who HAAAAD to publish the quote about joe thornton scoring 4 goals because it was just tooooooooo VULGAR.

The guy who posted the video is an attention craving piece.

Like you guys have stated, this shouldn't be news, its a closed door talk amongst friends.

Everyone is judgemental, its human nature, and when you have someone who shares a similar view, its fun to make fun of. I cant even count the amount of times I've talked about people I don't like behind their back. Its just how people are, and this didn't need to get the attention that it did.

3 people like this