Jessemadnote39

Realistic Trade suggestions for improvement

14,290 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Fins&FIre15 said:

Reminds me off the reporter who HAAAAD to publish the quote about joe thornton scoring 4 goals because it was just tooooooooo VULGAR.

The guy who posted the video is an attention craving piece.

Like you guys have stated, this shouldn't be news, its a closed door talk amongst friends.

Everyone is judgemental, its human nature, and when you have someone who shares a similar view, its fun to make fun of. I cant even count the amount of times I've talked about people I don't like behind their back. Its just how people are, and this didn't need to get the attention that it did.

That Uber driver should be fired, talk about a breach of client privilege.

12 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

That Uber driver should be fired, talk about a breach of client privilege.

Fired?  That's not how Uber works.

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

Right. Expelled from the system.

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

You seem to be treating this incredibly lowbrow move lightheartedly.

No one in the hockey world has any respect for this story.

Every team's players in every sport do exactly this.

They just don't get filmed.

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

You seem to be treating this incredibly lowbrow move lightheartedly.

Never let a tragedy go to waste.

22 hours ago, conundrumed said:

This is a dick move video. Everyone gets together with work buddies and bicker, it doesn't need to become news.

The Uber driver that put it out there said he did it because they were cheap with his tip. :o

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

Self-reprimand?

There are two issues here,

1. Is the Uber driver in the wrong for releasing the tape?  Yes.

2. Is Matt Douche-ene in the wrong for talking behind his coach's back?  Yes.

To me, just because the Uber driver was wrong, it doesn't give Duchene a free pass.  He deserves some level of disrespect too.  Like in comparison, Billy Bush/Access Hollywood and Trump.

On 2018-11-04 at 4:24 PM, conundrumed said:

You can't blame Nylander. He wants to get paid and he's likely in the right. The league has moved on from big contracts from "proven" players to "potential".

If you think Nylander should sign for $5mil per, I'd say he should on a 2 year. No way should he sign for 5 on anything longer. Not even maybe.

Nylander's first 2 years were 61 points.  He shouldn't be signing with a $5mil, period.  If the TML screw him over and refuse to sign him, he can request a trade and start causing a stir to force their hand.  He can easily get $6mm plus long-term from every team out there.

30 minutes ago, cccsberg said:

Nylander's first 2 years were 61 points.  He shouldn't be signing with a $5mil, period.  If the TML screw him over and refuse to sign him, he can request a trade and start causing a stir to force their hand.  He can easily get $6mm plus long-term from every team out there.

its really not a Nylander issue but a Leafs issue, they can not pay out that kind of money. The leafs are not struggling either which hurts his case. Signing him to any large contract simply puts them in a bind. Really if he was that important of a piece the kid would have a contract by now, Leafs are 3rd in the league at present with no issues scoring. My money is he is traded here by November 23 rd.

1 hour ago, cccsberg said:

That ranks up there with Monahan and Ehler money for a longer term deal.  $5m doesn't cut it these days, not even then.

Draisaitl signed for way too much money, considering he was McDavid's winger for most of his time and he had exactly one great season and one okay season.  You could argue that he's worth about what Monahan makes adjusted for new cap.  I would think somewhere in the range of $6.9 - 7.25m.  

The problem in TO is that his timing sucks.  Bringing in Tavares, Matthews and Marner all up for new huge deals, and he has to sign first.  They can't overpay, because it sets up Matthews and Marner for even bigger deals.  His agent is not going to settle for $5-6m, considering how much they are already paying Tavares.  He's not worth $8m.  Top line C, sure I guess that would make sense in today's crazy market.  But he's at best 3rd on the depth chart at C.  As a RW, he plays with Matthews or Tavares.  

The only way it makes sense to trade for him is to send Backlund and Stone there.  That's doable for them this year and they can trade/buy out Stone next year.  I don't know if it makes us any better overall.  We get younger and get rid of a spare part.

Next year we have 12 m to sign Tkachuk, Bennett, and 2 goalies which could be doable. We would need to trade equal salary to Toronto for Nylander.

Possibly Stone, Ryan and our 1st for Nylander. But then why would Toronto do that? There are too many teams that could easily absorb his salary like Colorado, Caralina, New Jersey, Arizona, NY Isls for picks.

I would like Nylander on our 1st line but too much magic from BT for this to happen.

1 hour ago, redfire11 said:

Next year we have 12 m to sign Tkachuk, Bennett, and 2 goalies which could be doable. We would need to trade equal salary to Toronto for Nylander.

Possibly Stone, Ryan and our 1st for Nylander. But then why would Toronto do that? There are too many teams that could easily absorb his salary like Colorado, Caralina, New Jersey, Arizona, NY Isls for picks.

I would like Nylander on our 1st line but too much magic from BT for this to happen.

The convo would need to start with a good top 4 D-man.  Hamonic or Brodie would be the starting ask from them.

Unfortunately, Hamonic would be tough to lose, since he is playing a lot better with Hanifin.  Brodie is top 2 right now, so that would also be a tough loss.  Either of those could be absorbed by Andersson playing up in the lineup, but it means that Stone is now needed depth.  That's not a great thing.  He's been passed by Andersson and Valimaki, so going back to him would be a step down IMHO.

Pesche or Falk (ha ha) is the supposed offer from Carolina, so only Brodie and Hamonic would make sense from us. 

Backlund and Stone would be a reasonable alternative, as they get a 2 way center and a bottom pairing D-man.  Backlund is cost controlled so that gets rid of the salary issues for them.

Would TO be interested in that and (more importantly) would we be a equal or better team as a result?  If the answer is no, then there is no point for either side.

Not sure of the reputation of this site, but here's what is being rumoured:

http://www.nhlrumourreport.com/2018/11/rumour-report-leafs-habs-and-flames.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Speaking of fresh starts, the Calgary Flames are rumoured to be open to offers on Michael Frolik and Sam Bennett. As the fourth overall pick in 2014, Bennett has disappointed thus far in his young career and could use a change of scenery. The Ducks and Sabres are rumoured to have shown interest in Bennett in the past, but it's not clear what teams would still have interest in the winger. At just 22 years of age, there's still plenty of time for him to turn things around.

Ignore the link....

10 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

http://www.nhlrumourreport.com/2018/11/rumour-report-leafs-habs-and-flames.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Speaking of fresh starts, the Calgary Flames are rumoured to be open to offers on Michael Frolik and Sam Bennett. As the fourth overall pick in 2014, Bennett has disappointed thus far in his young career and could use a change of scenery. The Ducks and Sabres are rumoured to have shown interest in Bennett in the past, but it's not clear what teams would still have interest in the winger. At just 22 years of age, there's still plenty of time for him to turn things around.

Ignore the link....

Ya that seems like someones half azzed attempt at being a sports writer. Considering it looks like theres a 8 month gap between articles I'm guessing our various trade/free agency threads are just as credible.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

That ranks up there with Monahan and Ehler money for a longer term deal.  $5m doesn't cut it these days, not even then.

Draisaitl signed for way too much money, considering he was McDavid's winger for most of his time and he had exactly one great season and one okay season.  You could argue that he's worth about what Monahan makes adjusted for new cap.  I would think somewhere in the range of $6.9 - 7.25m.  

The problem in TO is that his timing sucks.  Bringing in Tavares, Matthews and Marner all up for new huge deals, and he has to sign first.  They can't overpay, because it sets up Matthews and Marner for even bigger deals.  His agent is not going to settle for $5-6m, considering how much they are already paying Tavares.  He's not worth $8m.  Top line C, sure I guess that would make sense in today's crazy market.  But he's at best 3rd on the depth chart at C.  As a RW, he plays with Matthews or Tavares.  

The only way it makes sense to trade for him is to send Backlund and Stone there.  That's doable for them this year and they can trade/buy out Stone next year.  I don't know if it makes us any better overall.  We get younger and get rid of a spare part.

I like the idea, but if only we didn’t sign Neal. Plus, Would Backlund replace Kadri? 

I have a feeling that we’d have to add one more piece in the deal. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder? Stone may not be good enough topper for the deal.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Ignore the link....

This would appear to be all based on some lazy reporting by Kypreos followed by some telephone. Kypreos noted that the Flames want to get Neal more ice (understandable) and perhaps it would have to come at the cost of Frolik. This also came after the Colorado game and he made a comment that Bennett didn't play much in the 3rd period and that the organization may be starting to want to move on but yet he neglected to mention Bennett was in the box for 70% of the period. Next game Bennett averaged 15 mins. 

All in all it was some lazy reporting to try and connect the dots that the Flames need to give more ice time to Neal and it would come at the expense of other. 

Any chance TO would take Neal as part of a package?

In all honesty, Nylander is going to get traded, and Carolina makes the most sense as they have a wealth of solid top 4 d options to pick from.  No one else can really compete when it comes to filling the needs Toronto has right now.

4 hours ago, ABC923 said:

Any chance TO would take Neal as part of a package?

In all honesty, Nylander is going to get traded, and Carolina makes the most sense as they have a wealth of solid top 4 d options to pick from.  No one else can really compete when it comes to filling the needs Toronto has right now.

Yes because they need size and grit.

But we would need to add obviously and add a D specifically.  We are just not in a position to do so.  

Maybe a three way trade?

I think if we wanted Nylander, TOR would ask for Lindholm. Yes he's not as good as Nylander but he's a versatile forward locked in at a very nice number for a long time.

12 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I think if we wanted Nylander, TOR would ask for Lindholm. Yes he's not as good as Nylander but he's a versatile forward locked in at a very nice number for a long time.

This is their big chance to strengthen their defensive core. It would be a catastrophic misstep if they dont take advantage of it.

50 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I would argue that Lindholm is a more valuable player by a long shot. He can produce points, he's good defensively,  and he can take faceoffs, and he's under what is looking like a better contract every game. If I'm BT, and I'm on the phone with the Leafs discussing Nylander, I am hanging up before the can say Lin.....

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

This is their big chance to strengthen their defensive core. It would be a catastrophic misstep if they dont take advantage of it.

I agree but now the media seems to think the leafs will want a forward, I’m not sure what happens. Hey dubas just trade him for Pesce then we can stop talking about this lol

Toronto next year has 30m cap space

Matthews and Marner 20m

That leaves 10m for 6 forwards 4 defenseman and a backup goalie.

The only players they will take back for a trade for Nylander will be on ELC's and as high a draft pick that they can to grab their own ELC.