Jessemadnote39

Realistic Trade suggestions for improvement

14,239 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

CHI fans seem to have a different opinion about Schmaltz.  Saying things like "sooft", "afraid to compete", gets called out by comentators, etc.  Can't say I've watched enough of him to form an opinion.  21 goals in his sophomore year is nice.

Schmaltz is one of the league leaders in takeaways from the start of last year. He may not be physical but he manages to make an impact on the game in other ways.

12 hours ago, cccsberg said:

I wonder what all you doubters are going to be saying come playoffs when Neal goes all Bennett and is tearing it up, while Smith is at the top of his game?

I would love to be wrong.  We heard the same from Brouwer fans.  I'm still waiting for Brouwer.

And let's take it easy here. "Goes all Bennett" like Bennett has proven to be a thing.  Neal needs to score to justify $5-mil-per.  We shouldn't be paying Bennett $5-mil-per 4 goals in 24 games.

15 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I would love to be wrong.  We heard the same from Brouwer fans.  I'm still waiting for Brouwer.

And let's take it easy here. "Goes all Bennett" like Bennett has proven to be a thing.  Neal needs to score to justify $5-mil-per.  We shouldn't be paying Bennett $5-mil-per 4 goals in 24 games.

We’ll both love it if it happens.  I was referring to Bennett’s playoffs success.....

7 minutes ago, cccsberg said:

We’ll both love it if it happens.  I was referring to Bennett’s playoffs success.....

Ya well, let's make the playoffs first.

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

Ande he shall score.  Now and for the next 4.75 years.

Okay, he might tail off during the last year.

If they did for Neal what they did for Bennett this year (ie. play him with an elite player like Tkachuk) he would be at 10 goals by now.  Instead, he's played with Ryan (cold), Bennett (still cold), Czarnik (cold) and Dube (cold).  Whether we feel he's deserved to get better situations (ie. top PP unit) or better linemates (ie. Tkachuk or Gaudreau), playing him with guys on the schnide isn't helping him get off it.

33 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

I wonder if we could pry Perlini out of Chicago now that he has been traded out of Arizona.

At the cost of what?

I think Perlini was the only actual NHL full time player in the deal from ARI.

They aren't going to turn around and trade him that soon.

Maybe we could trade for Saad, since it seems they are always in cap hell.  

Or we could trade for Forsberg and add another goalie to the pipeline.

3 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Ande he shall score.  Now and for the next 4.75 years.

Okay, he might tail off during the last year.

If they did for Neal what they did for Bennett this year (ie. play him with an elite player like Tkachuk) he would be at 10 goals by now.  Instead, he's played with Ryan (cold), Bennett (still cold), Czarnik (cold) and Dube (cold).  Whether we feel he's deserved to get better situations (ie. top PP unit) or better linemates (ie. Tkachuk or Gaudreau), playing him with guys on the schnide isn't helping him get off it.

I want to ask your projection of Neal's stats based on one thing:  he doesn't get to play with Gaudreau - Monahan. 

Given this, how many goals will he score this season?  (Pro-tip, he's not going to get to play with Gaudreau - Monahan all season).

20?  25?  30?

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

I want to ask your projection of Neal's stats based on one thing:  he doesn't get to play with Gaudreau - Monahan. 

Given this, how many goals will he score this season?  (Pro-tip, he's not going to get to play with Gaudreau - Monahan all season).

20?  25?  30?

If he plays with Tkachuk on a non-shutdown line (cuz he can't play that game), then he's a 20 goal guy at the least.

If he plays with Lindholm on a non-shutdown line, then he's a 20 goal guy.

6 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Brouwer

2a748ce6fed19ca0131e7778ce8f1143.png

6 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Brouwer has 6 goals this year so far. Which matches his total from last season. Good for him but maybe he wasnt being utilized properly here?

1 minute ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

Brouwer has 6 goals this year so far. Which matches his total from last season. Good for him but maybe he wasnt being utilized properly here?

Brouwer is shooting 29% this year and last year he shot 7.6%. I think this "hot" start should fade as his percentage reverts back to the mean. Also Chiasson has 10 goals.  but he is shooting 40%

33 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Brouwer is shooting 29% this year and last year he shot 7.6%. I think this "hot" start should fade as his percentage reverts back to the mean. Also Chiasson has 10 goals.  but he is shooting 40%

More ice time more opportunities, amazing the results one can achieve when also put with the proper line mates.

17 hours ago, MAC331 said:

More ice time more opportunities, amazing the results one can achieve when also put with the proper line mates.

or you know they get lucky....

Troy Brouwer is averaging less ice time then he did in Calgary and his numbers, chances generated, opportunities etc are basically the same as what they were as a Flame. His totals are purely based on the fact that the puck is going in for him at an unsustainable rate. He's also not on the PP and playing on the Panthers 3rd line most of the time. Zone starts have changed but they are still pretty close to what he did his first year here. 

Players get lucky and player get hot. Smart money would be that Browuer regresses hard the rest of the year. he got better opportunities in Calgary. 

19 minutes ago, cross16 said:

or you know they get lucky....

Troy Brouwer is averaging less ice time then he did in Calgary and his numbers, chances generated, opportunities etc are basically the same as what they were as a Flame. His totals are purely based on the fact that the puck is going in for him at an unsustainable rate. He's also not on the PP and playing on the Panthers 3rd line most of the time. Zone starts have changed but they are still pretty close to what he did his first year here. 

Players get lucky and player get hot. Smart money would be that Browuer regresses hard the rest of the year. he got better opportunities in Calgary. 

Well there you go what the H do we know. LOL

I will always maintain a proper alignment of your talent mix will carry your team the furthest.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-senators-melnyk-scrambling-save-arena-deal/sn-amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Friedman is saying that the Blues are open for business and there is very few things they won't consider.

Tarasenko comes to mind right away.

I also would be on board with Schenn. Adding Schenn to center the 2nd line would add a lot of depth to our lineup. 

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm

Tkachuk-Schenn-Neal

Bennett-Backlund-Frolik

Czarnik-Jankowski-Ryan

I would also be on board with Allen which I have mentioned before. 

The other name I would be curious about and have heard could be available in the past is Colton Parayko. The guy is huge, can skate, defend, be physical, is a RHS and is signed for 3 more years at $5.5m. As good as Brodie has been this year, I would really have to consider trading him if we could get Parayko in return.

If we were to speak with STL, I’d want Schenn. Give us 3 really good centres. Teams with 3 solid lines win cups, Eller at 3rd line C was massive last playoffs for the Caps, and we all remember the HBK line. Cost will be expensive though probably 

17 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

If we were to speak with STL, I’d want Schenn. Give us 3 really good centres. Teams with 3 solid lines win cups, Eller at 3rd line C was massive last playoffs for the Caps, and we all remember the HBK line. Cost will be expensive though probably 

I feel like we have our answer for a 3rd good Center in Jankowski. We need to tap into his potential a little more. In fact, if Janko can step into the 2nd line C with Tkachuk, and Backlund is our full time 3rd line C, then we are looking good.

No need for Schenn.

1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

The other name I would be curious about and have heard could be available in the past is Colton Parayko. The guy is huge, can skate, defend, be physical, is a RHS and is signed for 3 more years at $5.5m. As good as Brodie has been this year, I would really have to consider trading him if we could get Parayko in return.

Ya they speculate Parayko for Nylander is a possibility.  This would be a solid trade for both teams.  Parayko is a solid 2/3/4 on any team in this league.  He would give the Leafs both offense and a big minutes RHS RD.

No way we get Brodie for Parayko straight up.  

23 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

With the shakeup in Philly, are there players we can target from the Flyers?

The guy that was on the Flames at Five with Pinder said their shake up will probably involve the high end prospects in order to win now. With the aging core, it sounds like ownership there didn’t like the patience approach. Who do we have that will help them get to that window? 

And are there any prospects that we’d like from them?

35 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

The guy that was on the Flames at Five with Pinder said their shake up will probably involve the high end prospects in order to win now. With the aging core, it sounds like ownership there didn’t like the patience approach. Who do we have that will help them get to that window? 

I don't know about you guys, we have a good team here now. Are you all trade addicts ? LOL

1 person likes this

35 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

What Sportsnet was speculating was ownership wanted an "old time hockey" team but Hextall was building a soft, fast, and emotionless team.  And that that was ultimately a philosophical difference.  Also, the idea that Philly used to be in on every big name UFA but Hextall refused to go the UFA route and get into cap jail... Hextall was building from within through the draft and ya, going the patient route.

Sounds like that's why Trevor Linden be was ousted from Vancouver too.  Geez these owners.

35 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

What Sportsnet was speculating was ownership wanted an "old time hockey" team but Hextall was building a soft, fast, and emotionless team.  And that that was ultimately a philosophical difference.  Also, the idea that Philly used to be in on every big name UFA but Hextall refused to go the UFA route and get into cap jail... Hextall was building from within through the draft and ya, going the patient route.

Sounds like that's why Trevor Linden be was ousted from Vancouver too.  Geez these owners.

And now it sounds like the Canucks are touting the patient route. The media here in Vancouver were making fun of it last week as why fire linden then?

i don’t get why you wouldn’t build from within and build for long term success. 

40 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

I don't know about you guys, we have a good team here now. Are you all trade addicts ? LOL

Its a trades thread. I was just responding to what I heard today. I like the majority of the make up of the team. 

There are only maybe 1-2 players I’d be thinking of. One of them we just signed and he could prove to be better. Ryan.