Jessemadnote39

Realistic Trade suggestions for improvement

15,376 posts in this topic

With the way the schedule looks in January it's not difficult to see smith getting a game every 4-5. It's a pretty favorable schedule on the Flames. February get tougher which is why I think you have some time to make this decision.

Also the salary cap likely dictates you need to wait as well as Smith isn't tradable unless you probably eat the vast majority of money left on his deal this year so there are financial implications to waiting as well. 

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, cross16 said:

With the way the schedule looks in January it's not difficult to see smith getting a game every 4-5. It's a pretty favorable schedule on the Flames. February get tougher which is why I think you have some time to make this decision.

Also the salary cap likely dictates you need to wait as well as Smith isn't tradable unless you probably eat the vast majority of money left on his deal this year so there are financial implications to waiting as well. 

They won't be trading Smith.

11 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

They won't be trading Smith.

We shall see.

But if Smith keeps playing as poorly as he has for much of the season I think its very likely Treliving will find another goalie. It he can level out his play then yes I agree they'll keep him. 

Any interest in claiming Zykov?

I know lots were hoping he was part of the Carolina deal at the draft. Think Peters was also a fan of him when he had him. 

Probably an unlikely claim given how many forwards we have, but he plays the left side pretty well, something Czarnik can’t do as a righty.

I don't see the fit for Zykov. I wouldn't play him above Gaudreau-Tkachuk or Frolik on the LW and I don't think he's a good fit on the 4th line. 

Possible RW competition but if they can't find a way to get Czarnik in the lineup I don't see how they would get Zykov in there. 

I wonder if Jamie Benn or Tyler Seguin will hit the trade block after the public comments from the Stars CEO. Benn's response this morning made it seem like the comments didn't go over very well, shocking.

I doubt they trade them, but man, way to ruin the relationship between management and your star players.

22 hours ago, JTech780 said:

I wonder if Jamie Benn or Tyler Seguin will hit the trade block after the public comments from the Stars CEO. Benn's response this morning made it seem like the comments didn't go over very well, shocking.

I doubt they trade them, but man, way to ruin the relationship between management and your star players.

I kinda doubt they are available too.  I think the owner was just trying to motivate these guys but the words came out wrong.  The intent wasn't what the media wants to portray.

But Seguin would be great here.  That RHS C who can score 40.  Only 26-years-old.  Can slide right into C with Tkachuk.  Salary wise, Backlund needs to go the other way and the Stars will need to absorb Stone.  I would imagine one of Dube, Andersson, or Valimaki will have to go too to balance out the talent.

24 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I kinda doubt they are available too.  I think the owner was just trying to motivate these guys but the words came out wrong.  The intent wasn't what the media wants to portray.

But Seguin would be great here.  That RHS C who can score 40.  Only 26-years-old.  Can slide right into C with Tkachuk.  Salary wise, Backlund needs to go the other way and the Stars will need to absorb Stone.  I would imagine one of Dube, Andersson, or Valimaki will have to go too to balance out the talent.

I would be fine with Backlund + Stone + Dube.

Throw in a 3rd or 2020 2nd.

Don't get me wrong, Dube is not just a throw in.

He's a serious prospect that may not work out here because of the guys ahead of him.

And because of the way the lines are constructed.

Dube > Ryan except in faceoffs.

Dube > Bennett except in hitting and grit

Dube >= Czarnik 

Would you move Monahan for Matias Janmark, Mark Methot and Denis Gurianov? Because that's essentially the same value. 

Seguins going to cost more than that. I think he'd be very expensive. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Would you move Monahan for Matias Janmark, Mark Methot and Denis Gurianov? Because that's essentially the same value. 

Also an NMC, very little chance he waives for here. If he did in theory, I would think a straight up Gaudreau for Seguin would be what DAL would want

41 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Also an NMC, very little chance he waives for here. If he did in theory, I would think a straight up Gaudreau for Seguin would be what DAL would want

Considering that TS starts a deal worth $9.85m cap, then you need to do more than just JH.

I don;t really see a fit.

Would love the skill, but the cost would be crazy.

Unless they are willing to take Backlund as part of the deal.

Wouldn’t they want seguin for Gaudreau or Monahan? Isn’t Seguin a C? I’d think they’d want to get a #1 C and Backlund isn’t that.

A name I'd be looking at around the deadline is Adam Mcquaid. Treliving still values toughness on the blueline as we have seen with Engelland and Prout. Mcquaid can actually be a serviceable bottom pair D, unlike Prout. I wouldn't mind the move, knowing we could face a physical team like the Ducks or Jets. Wouldn't move the needle a ton but gives us a little more toughness and some playoff experience on a young backend

4 hours ago, cross16 said:

Do you think this is close enough to the Hoffman incident that would bring down Seguin's value?   I wouldn't move Hoffman for Tierney either but it was circumstantial.  He had to go.  Does Seguin have to go?  

12 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Do you think this is close enough to the Hoffman incident that would bring down Seguin's value?   I wouldn't move Hoffman for Tierney either but it was circumstantial.  He had to go.  Does Seguin have to go?  

No. Hoffman was disliked by his teammates, dealt by a terrible GM and is a one dimensional player. Very different scenarios. 

Seguin just had some dumb front office people. 

3 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Normally, I would agree Calgary is not a top UFA destination but this season, look at the standings.  Seguin knows if he comes here, the Flames are instantly bonafide Cup contenders.  He has a legit chance to win the Cup here.

As to the cost, ya it will be expensive.

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

No. Hoffman was disliked by his teammates, dealt by a terrible GM and is a one dimensional player. Very different scenarios. 

Seguin just had some dumb front office people. 

Maybe the front office issued the order to trade both Benn and Seguin.

42 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Someone didn’t want to sign Seguin in the summer. So maybe they’re pissed that Seguin hasn’t responded with more?

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

Cant say they didn't but if they did it will go down as a top 5 all time front office blunder. 

54 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

This isn't good. This is from Frolik's agent.

Yet he plays Ryan over him. Ryan can win draws and the rest is ...

7 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Yet he plays Ryan over him. Ryan can win draws and the rest is ...

This is not a good situation...but I can't blame Frolik for being upset about getting scratched while Neal plays every night. 

1 person likes this

Allan Walsh is also a massive drama queen, so keep that in mind. 

He's Drouins agent too and was extremely vocal on Twitter than Drouin was done with the Lightning. Wouldn't surprise me if Frolik has nothing to do with this and it's all Walsh. 

I also didnt like frolik getting scratched but mostly because i cant reconcile why you scratch frolik but play hathaway. 

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Allan Walsh is also a massive drama queen, so keep that in mind. 

He's Drouins agent too and was extremely vocal on Twitter than Drouin was done with the Lightning. Wouldn't surprise me if Frolik has nothing to do with this and it's all Walsh. 

I also didnt like frolik getting scratched but mostly because i cant reconcile why you scratch frolik but play hathaway. 

For me Hathaway has been solid this year and deserves his ice time (even though on the 4th line). As said in previous post Why is Ryan being played over Frolik.?

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, redfire11 said:

For me Hathaway has been solid this year and deserves his ice time (even though on the 4th line). As said in previous post Why is Ryan being played over Frolik.?

One is a center and one isn't