Jessemadnote39

Realistic Trade suggestions for improvement

15,905 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TheFan99 said:

Content removed....

You have been warned in the past.

You have something to say about a topic, post it.  

Your posts could be considered trolling so please cease and desist or the ban hammer comes out.

Only warning.

1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

Can someone cut TheFan99 off, I think he has had enough to drink for tonight? Hopefully you find a nice place to sleep it off.

Psssst..........what Weber is he rambling about?

35 minutes ago, TheFan99 said:

I was warned like 4 years ago let it go. I'm just rambling into thin air. I would hardly call it trolling. I'm, just talking into thin air I'm not hurting anyone. I've gotten worse insults on here then I've ever done.

Trolling is posting stuff in a thread to hi-jack it.

As a mod, I have given you a posted warning for it.

Do with it what you want.

If we decide to look for a third goaltender as insurance, Philly may be a target. They almost guarantee won't get rid of Hart without overpayment, and we probably don't want Elliot. But they may choose to flip Talbot, who I honestly believe is better than what he has shown this year in Edmonton (but prime Hasek would probably look pretty pedestrian), or possibly Michal Neuvirth. Philly pretty much needs to get rid of one or two goaltenders (they have 4 on the roster right now), and some insurance if both goalies regress, or an injury happens, I figure these guys would be better than Gillies (presumably our top goalie callup) at this point.

I still hold out hope for sniper Hoffman.

Not sure of the line fit, but he's a scoring machine at times.

44 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I still hold out hope for sniper Hoffman.

Not sure of the line fit, but he's a scoring machine at times.

Would it be worth any potential background drama?

This last few days will be fascinating.

Team has just come out of a cold spell.

Offensive depth has emerged in recent weeks too. IMO every line except the first line has been really good the past few games.

When Neal got hurt it looked like it would be perfect timing for BT to add a top 9 forward, but Czarnik got his chance in the lineup and has done nothing but play great.

I still think he will make a move or two but maybe it’s not a massive move. Maybe like Nemeth and a bottom 6 forward 

15 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

I am a bit surprised.

same ...a $1M UFA depth fwd with a history of performing in the playoffs .. thought that was a no brainer myself 

Only thing that makes sense to me is BT is working on something bigger and even the $1M hit could not leave enough room 

9 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

same ...a $1M UFA depth fwd with a history of performing in the playoffs .. thought that was a no brainer myself 

Only thing that makes sense to me is BT is working on something bigger and even the $1M hit could not leave enough room 

This is a big vote of confidence in Hathaway.  

Or maybe we cannot take in an additional contract without moving one out.  Are we at the max 50 contracts?

Or like you said, we saving the spot to land a bigger fish and cannot waste the room on DSP.

29 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

I am a bit surprised.

DSP mixing politics and hockey is not a recipe for success.

13 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

This is a big vote of confidence in Hathaway.  

Or maybe we cannot take in an additional contract without moving one out.  Are we at the max 50 contracts?

Or like you said, we saving the spot to land a bigger fish and cannot waste the room on DSP.

not yet , i read yesterday we are only at around 45.. but totally , ya this makes me think hes working on something that needs every penny 

I'm gonna go out on a limb , and predict what my gut says .. we get one of the Big 3-- Stone , Duchesne or Panarin 

If true, and it's likely not but it's probably close, that means Stone is purely a rental opportunity for the Flames. No chance they could, or should want to, pay Stone that much $.

13 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

not yet , i read yesterday we are only at around 45.. but totally , ya this makes me think hes working on something that needs every penny 

I'm gonna go out on a limb , and predict what my gut says .. we get one of the Big 3-- Stone , Duchesne or Panarin 

I can see why BT would do that as this teams in an incredible spot. I would be a little hesitant myself as the big rentals rarely if ever work. Would also likely have to move Dube as WPG will have Niku on the table and NSH will have Fabbro. We would need to have a big piece on the table in order to be in the mix for any of those guys

48 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

I am a bit surprised.

I'm very surprised.  Thinking perhaps sometimes think there are going to be other waiver opportunities and didn't want to waste their spot or they didn't want to kill the roster spot this early without seeing future trade potentials. That and your roster size and composition has an effect on that too. 

But I would agree with Peeps this is probably a vote of confidence for Hathaway. Hathaway is tough because while I wish there was a better fit/player there, he is playing wel, that line is playing well, and he's turned himself into a solid PKer. Really tough to take that out of the lineup right now. 

10 minutes ago, cross16 said:

If true, and it's likely not but it's probably close, that means Stone is purely a rental opportunity for the Flames. No chance they could, or should want to, pay Stone that much $.

there was chatter on this yesterday .. Sens were going short term , higher $..ala Matthews .. i figure if that were a 7 or 8 year, that AAV comes down

This is been my angle for a while and i'v wavered form time to time but with a few days left to go i'm not sure that the Flames should not be adding a significant add at the deadline. I don't see the value in short or long term in paying big time assets, stripping out depth and young players for 1 player who history shows likely won't move the needle. I don't think it makes sense.

The only things I would look for if I were Treliving are:

3rd line play driving center. This is not Jankowski and for me I don't think Jankowski is a top 9 center at the NHL level. 

Forward depth

LS dman. 

Goaltending is not something i'm super comfortable with but at the same time I'm not willing to spend assets for a short term fix plus there really isn't an option out there i'm super interested in. I do like Howard but at the same time I'm not sure it's more likely that Howard takes them on a run than say Rittich. 

Stick to that list, otherwise roll with the team that got you here because it is pretty good. 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

there was chatter on this yesterday .. Sens were going short term , higher $..ala Matthews .. i figure if that were a 7 or 8 year, that AAV comes down

Still probably going to take  around 9.5mill though and that is still too much. 

11 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I can see why BT would do that as this teams in an incredible spot. I would be a little hesitant myself as the big rentals rarely if ever work. Would also likely have to move Dube as WPG will have Niku on the table and NSH will have Fabbro. We would need to have a big piece on the table in order to be in the mix for any of those guys

I trust BT to walk away if the price gets ridiculous, but having said that .. i do suspect still that the final sell price will be well below what we are hearing unless an extension is involved . Since I haven't seen it in a very long time , I'm assuming "future considerations" are no longer a thing (eg if he resigns we will give you x player ) so the haul of Grade A prospects being speculated on I don't see happening 

17 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Why would Stone do that?  Half the teams in the league would be able to offer him that contract.  The advantage the Sens have is the 8-year deal.  If Stone isn't getting 8 years from the Sens, then he might as well wait until July 1st to sign. 

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Still probably going to take  around 9.5mill though and that is still too much. 

hes probably the only player out there that I'd consider getting slightly uncomfortable for .. a 30 goal winger still young , fits the model of our team perfectly . BT has a charm somehow , could probably lock him down near 7-7.5

But again , I trust BT not to do something silly...   I just have this gut feeling one of those 3 is coming by Monday 

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

Why would Stone do that?  Half the teams in the league would be able to offer him that contract.  The advantage the Sens have is the 8-year deal.  If Stone isn't getting 8 years from the Sens, then he might as well wait until July 1st to sign. 

I think it’s Stone’s camp putting the Sens feet to the fire. If they wanna keep him they’ll have to make him tied with Kane for the highest paid winger in the league and it’s not even on a max term deal...

5 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I agree, but everything i've read says he's really comfortable in Ottawa and likes it there. I don't get it either but it is his choice.

4 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

hes probably the only player out there that I'd consider getting slightly uncomfortable for .. a 30 goal winger still young , fits the model of our team perfectly . BT has a charm somehow , could probably lock him down near 7-7.5

But again , I trust BT not to do something silly...   I just have this gut feeling one of those 3 is coming by Monday 

I hate saying never, but IMO there is no chance you get Stone anywhere near that cheap. I think his agent gets fired if he takes anything less than 9Mill AAV. 

I can understand the rental angle if you believe in that, but as a long term option I don't see it. They can't afford Stone without blowing up a third of their team. 

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

I agree, but everything i've read says he's really comfortable in Ottawa and likes it there. I don't get it either but it is his choice.

I hate saying never, but IMO there is no chance you get Stone anywhere near that cheap. He'll get 9mill AAV plus and if he doesn't his agent will get fired on the spot. 

oh i totally agree that's his market value .. but for some reason , BT has come in with a number way under predicted every single time .. so ive given up trying to seriously predict 

2 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

oh i totally agree that's his market value .. but for some reason , BT has come in with a number way under predicted every single time .. so ive given up trying to seriously predict 

By offering less term though, not by being some contract wizard

And those are RFAs. He's overpaid his fair share of UFAs (which is the nature of the game)