Jump to content
The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Jessemadnote39

Realistic Trade suggestions for improvement

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Is it possible the Flames can do a Lucic for Zucker deal? Hasn't been a great fit in PIT, but he does have a 10 team no-list, would he tempted to waive? PIT did expose him in the expansion draft.

 

Both players have 2yrs left, Zucker is due 11.25 in real dollars, Lucic is due 9. 

 

Burkie is in PIT, by the way

I hope this is just unsubstantiated rumor. Looking at Zuckers stats and salary any deal involving him would have a "real deal" stench on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

I hope this is just unsubstantiated rumor. Looking at Zuckers stats and salary any deal involving him would have a "real deal" stench on it. 

I don't agree at all. Converting last year to a full season, he's potted 20 in 6 of the last 7 seasons and hit 33 once. We need scorers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I don't agree at all. Converting last year to a full season, he's potted 20 in 6 of the last 7 seasons and hit 33 once. We need scorers.

Yes but again we are getting much smaller  , though his bio says he’s an energy guy, so do we need That? we have Dube and Manji that do exactly the same thing, and Manji I think is starting to break out as a 20g guy if given the proper support players for it…as much as I hate Lucic’s contract for what he dose, what he dose bring we don’t have enough of seems like a lateral move at best…another Neil for Lucic thing only now it’s Lucic for Zucker 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MP5029 said:

Yes but again we are getting much smaller  , though his bio says he’s an energy guy, so do we need That? we have Dube and Manji that do exactly the same thing, and Manji I think is starting to break out as a 20g guy if given the proper support players for it…as much as I hate Lucic’s contract for what he dose, what he dose bring we don’t have enough of seems like a lateral move at best…another Neil for Lucic thing only now it’s Lucic for Zucker 

Yes we do. Lucic defines this team. Slow af. Just like Neal. Slow starts, bad periods...I can see Sutter losing his mind with this team and the lack of heart is entirely due to being so low energy at times that they have to be the slowest team in the league. The recipe for a young team full of energy(Ottawa) owning you. Simply by skating and trying harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Yes we do. Lucic defines this team. Slow af. Just like Neal. Slow starts, bad periods...I can see Sutter losing his mind with this team and the lack of heart is entirely due to being so low energy at times that they have to be the slowest team in the league. The recipe for a young team full of energy(Ottawa) owning you. Simply by skating and trying harder.

Ok yes I can get behind that logic, but is Zucker that much younger than Lucic? but the speed and energy thing I’ll totally buy into with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I don't agree at all. Converting last year to a full season, he's potted 20 in 6 of the last 7 seasons and hit 33 once. We need scorers.

Neals #s looked great too before he came to to the Flames. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

Neals #s looked great too before he came to to the Flames. 

He was also slow af already. I wasn't one that got excited about that signing at all. I used my excitement up on Brouwer, only to realize guys that can't skate are dead to me.lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

 

 

The list of suitors for Eichel is small.

VGK is out; they have little cap left now.

Minny doesn't want to give up what Buffalo wants from them.

Who does it really leave?

The usual teams like NYR and a few unmentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thebrewcrew said:

 


what is interesting to me is I believe it was Russo who reported he thought the Wild were looking over Eichel medial records. He doesn’t seem to indicate that here but begs the question of are they out on price or out on something more medical related. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cross16 said:


what is interesting to me is I believe it was Russo who reported he thought the Wild were looking over Eichel medial records. He doesn’t seem to indicate that here but begs the question of are they out on price or out on something more medical related. 

Seemed the medical questions scared NYR away too.

I get Buffalo doesn't wanna parade it to everyone, but it does seem 2 teams have now backed away due to either not getting full disclosure, or what's being disclosed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cross16 said:


what is interesting to me is I believe it was Russo who reported he thought the Wild were looking over Eichel medial records. He doesn’t seem to indicate that here but begs the question of are they out on price or out on something more medical related. 


thing about Eichel. If he is going to be a year or most of the first year out, could be a good add to the team for a playoff run (Kucherov)… 

 

if it only takes futures and no roster players, are we better and good enough to get in? And in the end of the season, add Eichel to a team. We could use his 10m LTIR to fill out the roster, for this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, robrob74 said:


thing about Eichel. If he is going to be a year or most of the first year out, could be a good add to the team for a playoff run (Kucherov)… 

 

if it only takes futures and no roster players, are we better and good enough to get in? And in the end of the season, add Eichel to a team. We could use his 10m LTIR to fill out the roster, for this year. 

 

It's not a year long recovery either way.

With the team recommended one, it's 12 weeks.

With the Eichel one, it's 2-3 months.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

 

It's not a year long recovery either way.

With the team recommended one, it's 12 weeks.

With the Eichel one, it's 2-3 months.

 

 

Ok, so it's not as bad as they say. 

 

I just hear a lot of radio hits talk about how if he doesn't play the year, it could be a blow and surely the GM's job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

 

Ok, so it's not as bad as they say. 

 

I just hear a lot of radio hits talk about how if he doesn't play the year, it could be a blow and surely the GM's job.

 

I mean nothing is ever 100%, but no team trades for a guy out a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, robrob74 said:


thing about Eichel. If he is going to be a year or most of the first year out, could be a good add to the team for a playoff run (Kucherov)… 

 

if it only takes futures and no roster players, are we better and good enough to get in? And in the end of the season, add Eichel to a team. We could use his 10m LTIR to fill out the roster, for this year. 

 

hard for me to comment as I have no idea on the medical situation he is in and I don't think many actually do. 

 

Unless there is a long term fear injury fear or risk I think the Flames should be aggressive on Eichel and if it costs futures so be it. I'd rather get a player like Eichel and actually give this roster a real shot than continue on this path and keep bouncing in and out of the playoffs for the next 2-3 years and just hoping they can go on a run. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, cross16 said:

 

hard for me to comment as I have no idea on the medical situation he is in and I don't think many actually do. 

 

Unless there is a long term fear injury fear or risk I think the Flames should be aggressive on Eichel and if it costs futures so be it. I'd rather get a player like Eichel and actually give this roster a real shot than continue on this path and keep bouncing in and out of the playoffs for the next 2-3 years and just hoping they can go on a run. 

Unfortunately I have to agree with you, that's the price for a snarly high end C. Or at least a healthy one.

 

edit

Plus an Eichel vs McDavid BOA would be epic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, cross16 said:

 

hard for me to comment as I have no idea on the medical situation he is in and I don't think many actually do. 

 

Unless there is a long term fear injury fear or risk I think the Flames should be aggressive on Eichel and if it costs futures so be it. I'd rather get a player like Eichel and actually give this roster a real shot than continue on this path and keep bouncing in and out of the playoffs for the next 2-3 years and just hoping they can go on a run. 

 

33 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Unfortunately I have to agree with you, that's the price for a snarly high end C. Or at least a healthy one.

 

edit

Plus an Eichel vs McDavid BOA would be epic.

 

That all said, I'd really like to keep Chucky.

 

Love.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

 

 

That all said, I'd really like to keep Chucky.

 

Love.

 

It's likely Tkachuk or bust.

The only really risky contract we have.

Gaudreau may sign for many years, but I think he just wants a certain amount and term.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

 

 

That all said, I'd really like to keep Chucky.

 

Love.

I was thinking it would have to be Gaudreau, personally. But NTC is kicked in I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I was thinking it would have to be Gaudreau, personally. But NTC is kicked in I believe.

 

Gaudreau has less value to them once Eichel leaves.

His contract is harder to work with than Tkachuk, who is simply "Here's Skinner money".

The lack of a NTC list also helps.  🙂  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

 

Gaudreau has less value to them once Eichel leaves.

His contract is harder to work with than Tkachuk, who is simply "Here's Skinner money".

The lack of a NTC list also helps.  🙂  

Yes unless, they are looking at trading Gaudreau to Phi for that rumoured deal to include Dube and Gaudreau for Phi’s 2022 1st round pick + Atikins (sp?) + Couturier..maybe Cgy is looking to flip some of those adds to BUF..maybe Buf has interest in one or both of them and obviously the 1st round pick…or maybe Cgy keeps both them and trades 1 x 1st to Buf? 
 

just spit balling, but I’d not be so happy to loose 2 x 1sts in such a deep and potentially franchise altering draft…though, I guess they could trade Monahan later for a 1st if they are out of contention…maybe a few other too including Tachuck if he lol like he’s not gonna stay…I guess there are options and if it only costs Gaudreau to get the prices for Eichel…it’s a gamble but, it could be worth the risk…huge could be though…but like I said, as long as they have a few options to move out to re-acquire a 1st later…otherwise the 1st for Gaidreau and a wait and see on Atikins and Couturier would probably be a better all round move

 

wait and see how things shake out I guess…a bit early to tell but it kinda looks like this is gonna be a process 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would be your new backup goalie. Big guy, 6'5,  with promising AHL and pro results. Mixed NHL results so far in a small sample size, they clearly think he's ready for the next step.

 

LIkely the biggest selling feature, he's is under control for this year and next for only 750K

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cross16 said:

This would be your new backup goalie. Big guys with promising AHL and junior results. Mixed NHL results so far in a small sample size, they clearly think he's ready for the next step.

 

LIkely the biggest selling feature, he's is under control for this year and next for only 750K

 

 

and not waiver exempt , so youre probably right 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...