The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Jessemadnote39

Realistic Trade suggestions for improvement

10 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Looking at what Nash went for, good thing BT is against rentals. Boston paid a ridiculous price for Nash who at this point in his career may not even be an upgrade on Spooner.

I agree, that was a serious overpayment.

The deal for Nash was so stupid expensive that I thought Chiarelli was still in Boston.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Pleas don't suggest AB....Please don't....

Why did you say that!? Why!? You know GG has a connection with him. I bet he is in Treliving's office right now explaining how AB is even better than Brouwer!

1 minute ago, Cowtownguy said:

Why did you say that!? Why!? You know GG has a connection with him. I bet he is in Treliving's office right now explaining how AB is even better than Brouwer!

You jest LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

I wonder what the price for Galchenyuk will end up being.  I think they may have come to the end of the rope on him.  On a bad team he's -27 already.  On pace for the same goals and points as last year, but in 21 more games.  If he could play RW, he might be a good fit for 3rd line RW.

I think MON would be crazy to deal Galchenyuk but who knows with Bergevin

10 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Pleas don't suggest AB....Please don't....

I hate Burrows as much as the next guy .. but seeing the prices our hopeful targets are fetching ?  I wouldn't hate it . He's a Chucky Lite.. hes despised by fans and players of 30 NHL teams, but never the one hes on..and hes an ok cap hit , ...not campaigning for it , but if it were to happen wouldnt hate it 

5 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

I hate Burrows as much as the next guy .. but seeing the prices our hopeful targets are fetching ?  I wouldn't hate it . He's a Chucky Lite.. hes despised by fans and players of 30 NHL teams, but never the one hes on..and hes an ok cap hit , ...not campaigning for it , but if it were to happen wouldnt hate it 

OK that's it, you are banned from the forum.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

I think it is like when you drive by an accident and can't help but look. AB is put on waivers and phoenix66 can't help but contemplate the acquisition.

7 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

LOL

just sayin theres worse things ..  he gets a few goals , he's a Royal PITA that works well for at least making the playoffs, his teammates have all liked him  and we give up nothing 

These may be the kind of things we need to do this deadline ..unless he can somehow pull a hockey trade and Ship out TJ and take advantage of Inflation on some team that missed out on Green or McDonough

look at The Rick Nash Rental, 

in our terms thats a 1st(that we dont have )  and likely Mark Jankowski

i dont want to think what Kane will/could cost us 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

LOL

just sayin theres worse things ..  he gets a few goals , he's a Royal PITA that works well for at least making the playoffs, his teammates have all liked him  and we give up nothing 

These may be the kind of things we need to do this deadline ..unless he can somehow pull a hockey trade and Ship out TJ and take advantage of Inflation on some team that missed out on Green or McDonough

look at The Rick Nash Rental, 

in our terms thats a 1st(that we dont have )  and likely Mark Jankowski

i dont want to think what Kane will/could cost us 

I don't think Burrows would make into the dressing room here.

Call me crazy but I don't see BT doing much if anything.

Have to wonder, with Andersson, Prout and now Golubef as RD depth, if BT is looking to move Stone or Hamonic.

1 minute ago, MAC331 said:

I don't think Burrows would make into the dressing room here.

I agree, or at least he shouldn't do much , in terms of what the prices are looking like ..but man he has to do something .. we need a winger .

I totally dont get that Oilers deal.. why would Nashville give up Aberg for a player they get a 4th immediately for..They couldnt have just gotten the 4th for Aberg?.  hate to say it but Aberg is actually a decent pick up for them 

7 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

I think claiming Stewart would be the perfect move. Free to acquire and an upgrade on Hathaway at 3rd line RW.

Also lets us keep our limited picks and organizational depth on D and in net 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I think claiming Stewart would be the perfect move. Free to acquire and an upgrade on Hathaway at 3rd line RW.

Also lets us keep our limited picks and organizational depth on D and in net 

True..hes UFA and only a 1.15M Cap hit 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

Stewart is a player that checks a few boxes for us, he is big, physical and on occasion can put the puck in the net. He is a RHS. Don't have to give up anything to get him.

@ $1.15 & UFA @ season end he'd be worth a try.

53 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Have to wonder, with Andersson, Prout and now Golubef as RD depth, if BT is looking to move Stone or Hamonic.

Weird that they signed him and then had to waive Golubef.  

I hope the next two moves are Stone out and Stajan for a team needing depth.  I think we can survive without him.

Stajan should be able to get something close to Letestu.  The only reason he had 34 points last year and 18 this year were playing with McDavid on the PP or his other linemates that were able to score.  Time to move on, I'm afraid.  We need to have the 4th line not get it's head kicked in every game.

Yes, I would be willing to take on Stewart.  I like his game better than Glass/Brouwer, and he's tougher than Brouwer.  Maybe he gets back to decent numbers playing with Janko and Bread-eater (if he's here for a bit).

I'm not a fan of Chris Stewart anymore.  He coasts around way too much and doesn't have the hands to score anymore (I'm pretty sure he broke his hand about 6 or 7 years ago in a fight and was never the same again).  He never got back to that 28 goal level.  Stewart is so disengaged from the intensity of the games.  Brouwer has a better game overall and seemingly better attitude.  Honestly if Brouwer was making $1.15-mil, I'd take Brouwer ten times out of ten over Stewart.

46 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I'm not a fan of Chris Stewart anymore.  He coasts around way too much and doesn't have the hands to score anymore (I'm pretty sure he broke his hand about 6 or 7 years ago in a fight and was never the same again).  He never got back to that 28 goal level.  Stewart is so disengaged from the intensity of the games.  Brouwer has a better game overall and seemingly better attitude.  Honestly if Brouwer was making $1.15-mil, I'd take Brouwer ten times out of ten over Stewart.

Yup! The thing with Brouwer is that even if he was signed for 3m he’d be overpaid. I would say 2.5 is overpayment but I adjusted considering some would say it was UFA that raised the price, but still I think the 3 would’ve been a lot.

Not really surprising considering we scouting both teams extensively in the months leading up to the deadline.

51 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Not really surprising considering we scouting both teams extensively in the months leading up to the deadline.

Interesting...

Buffalo

Reinhart- doubt they move him

Okposo-NMC

Pominville- NMC

Rodrigues

Bailey

Baptiste

Ottawa

Stone- not happening 

Pageau

Ryan

Shore

Maybe Pominville if he waives for Stone?

So here is the million dollar question; Do we stay or do we go? I don't think we are or will ever be in the high cost rental market. I wonder about trying to add a winger with term. I think most of us on here will agree that Calgary needs an upgrade to our top 9 wingers, do we pay the high prices today or do we wait till the draft and pay the high prices then? 

Following this team this year has been a roller coaster, they pay poorly for 5 game stretches, then they play well for 5 games stretches and in between its win 1 lose 1. It's hard to bet on this team, but the good news is that they California teams have been equally as inconsistent and have left the door open for Calgary. 

I think you can make a solid argument for Calgary to add or to stand pat today, and my opinion seems to change with every win and loss. Today I am saying go get a winger with some term, and tell this team that you believe in them and hope that it gives them a jolt for the stretch run.

12 hours ago, JTech780 said:

What could make sense is Stone to OTT for a LSD say Harpur. Then move Brodie to BUF for Sam Reinhart C/RW/RHS  If OTT pulls off a big trade involving Karlsson today they could use Stone as a RHD. Brodie to BUF I think makes sense for them and we fill the very need on our team that needs a fix 2nd or 3rd line RW with some production. BT could also pick up Oduya off waivers to fill in for the loss of Brodie.

4 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

What could make sense is Stone to OTT for a LSD say Harpur. Then move Brodie to BUF for Sam Reinhart C/RW/RHS  If OTT pulls off a big trade involving Karlsson today they could use Stone as a RHD. Brodie to BUF I think makes sense for them and we fill the very need on our team that needs a fix 2nd or 3rd line RW with some production. BT could also pick up Oduya off waivers to fill in for the loss of Brodie.

I wonder if some trades start to come in after the waivers have been announced. Teams could be waiting to make small moves till after they find out if they got a Stewart, Oduya or Burrows. I know lots of people here hate Burrows, and I get it he was a royal pain in the Hash Rate for years, but I think he still has value going into the playoffs and his teammates love him. I am not sure there is a fit here.