The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Jessemadnote39

Realistic Trade suggestions for improvement

Just a thought but would MON trade us their 1st round pick for the 2018 draft for Brodie and Bennett ? They need immediate help at C and could move Bennett back there. They need back end help which Brodie upgrades for them immediately.

I don't know we keep trying to bring in players and pay high money for what we get. For some reason Brouwer is a bust whos to say that Perry wouldn't be as well. Has E.Kane signed a new contract with SJ? If not who's to say we can't bring him in but if not whats wrong with players like Gawdin I know he is a C but he shoots right and could easily put him on a wing or any of the other 5 or 6 C we have in the fold. We need to start looking at our own kids time to start given them the chance to shine we keep bringing in used up players that don't seem to play well here and we give away players who are putting up the points else where that we couldn't get out of them here. I think we should be trying to figure out whats going on with this team and there inability to get the best out of our own kids. Now I know your going to point out the chosen few like MrT and Janks but I have seen a few players that can't buy a goal here and are putting up 20 goals or better else where. We have to learn how to get the best out of our kids and give them every chance to succeed. I hate bringing in these older players that are done and trying to squeeze more of what they don't have. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MAC331 said:

Just a thought but would MON trade us their 1st round pick for the 2018 draft for Brodie and Bennett ? They need immediate help at C and could move Bennett back there. They need back end help which Brodie upgrades for them immediately.

2 hours ago, MAC331 said:

That's a pretty steep price for a pick.  I'd really want to know what we'd be getting first before giving it serious consideration.

3 hours ago, zima said:

I don't know we keep trying to bring in players and pay high money for what we get. For some reason Brouwer is a bust whos to say that Perry wouldn't be as well. Has E.Kane signed a new contract with SJ? If not who's to say we can't bring him in but if not whats wrong with players like Gawdin I know he is a C but he shoots right and could easily put him on a wing or any of the other 5 or 6 C we have in the fold. We need to start looking at our own kids time to start given them the chance to shine we keep bringing in used up players that don't seem to play well here and we give away players who are putting up the points else where that we couldn't get out of them here.

I think we should be trying to figure out whats going on with this team and there inability to get the best out of our own kids.

Now I know your going to point out the chosen few like MrT and Janks but I have seen a few players that can't buy a goal here and are putting up 20 goals or better else where. We have to learn how to get the best out of our kids and give them every chance to succeed. I hate bringing in these older players that are done and trying to squeeze more of what they don't have. 

This comment could be one of the most insightful you have ever made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cccsberg said:

That's a pretty steep price for a pick.  I'd really want to know what we'd be getting first before giving it serious consideration.

If the Habs won the lotto and had 1st over all then I would give that up....

2 hours ago, cccsberg said:

There would be the opportunity for Brady Tkachuk as I think their pick sits 4th now.

• Like 1

The more I think about the more I like idea of getting Derek Ryan. If Peters is indeed the next coach, having a reliable player like Ryan can really help a coach get his message across. It also helps that Ryan is a RHS, can kill penalties, can provide some offense and is great in the dot.

On 4/21/2018 at 2:33 PM, cccsberg said:

That pick will likely be between 4-7 (higher if Bergevin forgets to top 3 protect). Some pretty good talent available in that range.

On 4/21/2018 at 1:44 PM, DirtyDeeds said:

If the Habs won the lotto and had 1st over all then I would give that up....

You don't really think Mon would do a BT move I can't see it after what BT has don't no team would ever make that mistake again LOL. Feaster got fired for same type of bone head moves I say time to axe him as well.

20 hours ago, Meatpuppet42 said:

Time to take our lumps and pick in the 3rd round.

If we trade it will be for a RW that is already in the NHL.

I'll take 2 Lumps with that and pick in the 4th.

3 hours ago, redfire11 said:

I'll take 2 Lumps with that and pick in the 4th.

My bad in the 4th

Anyone like Riley Sutter as a pick?    6'3  200lbs  RW  RHS

Well if you are looking at reclamation projects, a name that may pop up is Alex Nylander. In the AHL playoffs he's been a 4th liner and even though they are down a goal and he was a gifted offensive player in junior, he has been stapled to the bench when his team is trying to come back. 

Pretty strange approach. I get sometimes there is tough love but at this rate I wonder if he asks out. I'm sure the Sabres arn't going to give him away but for a team lacking in RH shots and talent on the RW, Nylander is intriguing. 

6 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Well if you are looking at reclamation projects, a name that may pop up is Alex Nylander. In the AHL playoffs he's been a 4th liner and even though they are down a goal and he was a gifted offensive player in junior, he has been stapled to the bench when his team is trying to come back. 

Pretty strange approach. I get sometimes there is tough love but at this rate I wonder if he asks out. I'm sure the Sabres arn't going to give him away but for a team lacking in RH shots and talent on the RW, Nylander is intriguing. 

I would offer them a Mangiapane for Nylander swap.

Peters spoke very highly of Brodie and Bennett.

No idea how we are addressing our forward woes via trade if they intend to keep those two in the fold next season

Im not keen on this UFA class

Tavares-pipe dream

JVR- gonna need to offer him a 7 year term

Neal-good player wins wherever he goes but he’s gonna have a 6x6 deal

Perron- I would be most in favour of but even then what his value? Also a career year at his age is a bit concerning. I bet he’s a 40-45 point guy next year 

1 hour ago, MAC331 said:

I would offer them a Mangiapane for Nylander swap.

Sorry, no way.  Mangiapane is doing just fine and has had to fight and claw his way which I think is much better going forward than perhaps a guy feeling entitled based on his dad and brother?

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Interesting how he has fallen from his lofty projections.  He was probably going to be a Flames draft pick if it wasn't for Vancouver.

For a struggling 2016 1st rounder, I have no idea of the value.

Bennett for Nylander is probably closer in value than Mangiapane for Nylander.

But would I trade Bennett for that alone?  Not likely.

How about Stone plus a guy like Shinkaruk.

At least he can score at the AHL level.

Okay, garbage trade I know.  

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Another player that might fit in the similar situation is Josh Ho Sang. Though to be fair, he has done himself no favors. Really skilled, more of a play maker than a goal scorer, but he is a RHS RW. Just not sure if he can get past the attitude issues that have followed him his entire career so far.

40 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Another player that might fit in the similar situation is Josh Ho Sang. Though to be fair, he has done himself no favors. Really skilled, more of a play maker than a goal scorer, but he is a RHS RW. Just not sure if he can get past the attitude issues that have followed him his entire career so far.

Pass. The Islanders originally looked like geniuses for taking the gamble, but he has been predictably and attitude problem since. 

Any interest in Josh Anderson?

It sounded like he was looking for a big pay raise and settled for less, but got 3 years.

Bennett for Anderson?

It seems like a even trade with current numbers.  

Bennett might be the right fit with Jenner opposite.

Anderson may be the right fit for the top line here.  At the worst, on Janko's RW.

Just a thought.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

It sounded like he was looking for a big pay raise and settled for less, but got 3 years.

Bennett for Anderson?

Anderson may be the right fit for the top line here.  At the worst, on Janko's RW.

Just a thought.

Like the player hate the trade. Flames would be better off seeing how Bennett reacts under Peters. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Bennett for Anderson?

Just a thought.

I could see a Bennett for Anderson swap. But if possible, I would like to try to keep Bennett to see if Peters can maybe get him going. Anderson for the right price though, I would do.

14 hours ago, Meatpuppet42 said:

My bad in the 4th

Anyone like Riley Sutter as a pick?    6'3  200lbs  RW  RHS

Can’t say I’ve seen him play, assuming the Sutter work ethic?

13 hours ago, cccsberg said:

Sorry, no way.  Mangiapane is doing just fine and has had to fight and claw his way which I think is much better going forward than perhaps a guy feeling entitled based on his dad and brother?

You don't know that about Nylander at all and to say such a thing is stupid. This would simply be a trade of a young RW for a young LW both with NHL potential. Mangiapane may never get a full opportunity here and that is a fact.

13 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Interesting how he has fallen from his lofty projections.  He was probably going to be a Flames draft pick if it wasn't for Vancouver.

For a struggling 2016 1st rounder, I have no idea of the value.

Bennett for Nylander is probably closer in value than Mangiapane for Nylander.

But would I trade Bennett for that alone?  Not likely.

How about Stone plus a guy like Shinkaruk.

At least he can score at the AHL level.

Okay, garbage trade I know.  

One has to remember with Stone is his NTC so BT will have to find a team he would be agreeable to move too. Why would you think a player now with 3 years of NHL experience in Bennett would be equivalent value for Nylander going through some struggles ? Nylander wouldn't be a player we need next season and right now I would say all BUF could expect is a prospect for prospect trade.