Jump to content
The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Jessemadnote39

Realistic Trade suggestions for improvement

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

 

Slightly?! 

 

I think that just red flagged Ryan for me.

 

Doesn't sound right, but he does add to a PP. He isn't Brouwer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, cross16 said:

 

Doesn't sound right, but he does add to a PP. He isn't Brouwer. 

 

To be fair he also said in the same interview that Ryan gives you secondary scoring from your bottom 6. So it's not like he sees Ryan as top 6 scorer.

 

I think with his faceoff ability alone he can help a PP.

 

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get a left and right handed center on each line for faceoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cross16 said:

apparently Domi and Dvorak almost landed BOTH Zucker and Nino. 

 

How about,

 

To Flames,

Zucker

Nino

Coyle

Ennis

 

To Wild,

Backlund

Bennett

Brodie

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

 

How about,

 

To Flames,

Zucker

Nino

Coyle

Ennis

 

To Wild,

Backlund

Bennett

Brodie

 

 

That's a lot of wingers coming in, with only one winger going out. After Hamilton was traded we need Brodie more than everm

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JTech780 said:

 

That's a lot of wingers coming in, with only one winger going out. After Hamilton was traded we need Brodie more than everm

 

That trade would leave us with Monahan, Lindholm, and Jankowski, as top 9 Centers.  Nino and Coyle on RW.  Zucker will factor into the top 6... So many options.

 

We have too many Centers anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

 

That trade would leave us with Monahan, Lindholm, and Jankowski, as top 9 Centers.  Nino and Coyle on RW.  Zucker will factor into the top 6... So many options.

 

We have too many Centers anyways.

 

There is no such thing as having too many centers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

 

That's a lot of wingers coming in, with only one winger going out. After Hamilton was traded we need Brodie more than everm

 

I also don't agree we need Brodie.  He has proven he cannot handle tough competition.  He cannot play against the McDavids, Kopitars, Getzlafs, etc.  He gets owned.  

 

I would go with,

 

Giordano - Hamonic

Hanifin - Andersson

Kulak - Stone

 

We need RWs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

 

There is no such thing as having too many centers.

 

Even then, Coyle and Frolik can play Center.  Dube is a Center and he might factor onto the team in October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

 

I also don't agree we need Brodie.  He has proven he cannot handle tough competition.  He cannot play against the McDavids, Kopitars, Getzlafs, etc.  He gets owned.  

 

I would go with,

 

Giordano - Hamonic

Hanifin - Andersson

Kulak - Stone

 

We need RWs.

 

Brodie has struggled and he isn't going to be a huge defensive player, but that defense right there would get royally owned a nightly basis. Andersson has some upside but I wouldn't put him in the top 4 yet. Hanifin is just getting ready for full time duty in the top 4 after 3 years in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

 

Even then, Coyle and Frolik can play Center.  Dube is a Center and he might factor onto the team in October.

 

Frolik isn't a center and if he is playing there we are in trouble. I don't see Dube as a center at the NHL level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

 

Brodie has struggled and he isn't going to be a huge defensive player, but that defense right there would get royally owned a nightly basis. Andersson has some upside but I wouldn't put him in the top 4 yet. Hanifin is just getting ready for full time duty in the top 4 after 3 years in the league.

 

From an offensive standpoint, Gio-Brodie > Gio-Hammer but defensively, Hamonic is always the better defensive D.

 

I think we should trade Stone but if not, he should be bottom pair.

 

I think Andersson looked good when given more minutes last week of the season after Brodie was injured.  He's definitely ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

 

Frolik isn't a center and if he is playing there we are in trouble. I don't see Dube as a center at the NHL level.

 

Don't worry, Frolik won't play Center.  We have enough Centers even after moving out Backlund and Bennett (who arguably isn't even a Center).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

 

Slightly?! 

 

I think that just red flagged Ryan for me.

 

I think that red flags BP for me!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

 

There's nothing worse than a coach who plays favorites.

 

I am really tired of it. The last two coaches has done that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

 

There's nothing worse than a coach who plays favorites.

And leaves them on the ice for a buck 41 in OT when they struggle to skate for 10 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

 

I am really tired of it. The last two coaches has done that.

 

Good luck finding a coach that's doesnt.

all coaches have favorites and play favorites. It's the extent that matters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, cross16 said:

 

Good luck finding a coach that's doesnt.

all coaches have favorites and play favorites. It's the extent that matters. 

 

I get it, but when you play a Brouwer as consistently as he did, and see hardly any success then that should draw the line. I get sticking with something to try get a player going for some time, but not as many games as GG did. And that’s without sticking with others with more skill. Trying something new is good, but doing the opposite by not letting them get going is also poor decision making.

 

i get playing favourites if it is working. 

 

Another example is Russell. He worked one year but was way off the next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wayne Simmonds was a popular target here and it looks like Flames and Flyers had a discussion around hamilton for Simmonds( makes sense given they were seen speaking at the draft). Talks didn't go far when flyers refused to put young dmen in the deal, which is understandable from Treliving part.  

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/tags/dougie-hamilton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Wayne Simmonds was a popular target here and it looks like Flames and Flyers had a discussion around hamilton for Simmonds( makes sense given they were seen speaking at the draft). Talks didn't go far when flyers refused to put young dmen in the deal, which is understandable from Treliving part.  

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/tags/dougie-hamilton

 

Clearly Treliving wasn't willing to trade a D without getting a top 4 in return. This should but a damper in the "trade Brodie and use Anderson" camp. The GM (correctly) isn't willing to sacrifice his D completely to improve up front. Getting a top 6 forward and a top 4D in the same transaction probably isn't possible if Brodie is the big trade chip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kehatch said:

 

Clearly Treliving wasn't willing to trade a D without getting a top 4 in return. This should but a damper in the "trade Brodie and use Anderson" camp. The GM (correctly) isn't willing to sacrifice his D completely to improve up front. Getting a top 6 forward and a top 4D in the same transaction probably isn't possible if Brodie is the big trade chip. 

 

Not necessarily true.  BT could be wanting to do the Hamilton deal first.  His next move could be to move Brodie... But I hope it's Brodie for a goalie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO that trade with CAR is way better than any PHI trade BT could have made.

 

Simmonds next deal won't age well and Hanifin is significantly better than Sanheim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Wayne Simmonds was a popular target here and it looks like Flames and Flyers had a discussion around hamilton for Simmonds( makes sense given they were seen speaking at the draft). Talks didn't go far when flyers refused to put young dmen in the deal, which is understandable from Treliving part.  

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/tags/dougie-hamilton

So we acquired Adam Fox in the trade?  Now I'm confused.  :ph34r:

Can't say that I'll be searching for anymore of John Boruk's hockey articles.

I do believe that Tree had discussions with PHI as well as many other teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JTech780 said:

 

Brodie has struggled and he isn't going to be a huge defensive player, but that defense right there would get royally owned a nightly basis. Andersson has some upside but I wouldn't put him in the top 4 yet. Hanifin is just getting ready for full time duty in the top 4 after 3 years in the league.

Brodie has played great top pair with Gio.  I believe the hope is that this returns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cccsberg said:

Brodie has played great top pair with Gio.  I believe the hope is that this returns.

It wasn't broke in the first place and Tree tried fixing it by adding Hamilton, now he is fixing it again.  It's a shame it never worked because it sure looked good on paper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...