The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Jessemadnote39

Realistic Trade suggestions for improvement

10 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

I know I’m in the minority here, but I want him on the team. I want to see what this team plays like when they’re fearless. Reaves can have that affect. I’d bet if the report is true, the reason is all of the liberties Johnny and Mony have been taking the past few seasons. 

He's gonna sign with Rangers I bet :(

42 minutes ago, Squilliam89 said:

He's gonna sign with Rangers I bet :(

I sure hope so.  Bet he signs a 3 year contract at 2.5-2.7 million per, to play 8 minutes a night and be bought out in two years when his body breaks down and he can’t even be the ‘tough’ guy anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lou44291 said:

I know I’m in the minority here, but I want him on the team. I want to see what this team plays like when they’re fearless. Reaves can have that affect. I’d bet if the report is true, the reason is all of the liberties Johnny and Mony have been taking the past few seasons. 

The more I think about it, the less opposed I am to it. Every rational thought I have is screaming no, yet this tiny little voice deep down inside is fist pumping and yelling "Hey Hanrahan! Hanrahan! Hanrahan"

Our home record sucked this year, the dome was not a hard building to pick up a couple points and we have been pushed around by teams like the oilers for the better part of 2 seasons. Maybe we could use a Ryan Reeves?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrippinVdUb said:

The more I think about it, the less opposed I am to it. Every rational thought I have is screaming no, yet this tiny little voice deep down inside is fist pumping and yelling "Hey Hanrahan! Hanrahan! Hanrahan"

Our home record sucked this year, the dome was not a hard building to pick up a couple points and we have been pushed around by teams like the oilers for the better part of 2 seasons. Maybe we could use a Ryan Reeves?

Somehow we were good on the road.

IN other barns, we managed to somehow beat tough teams.

Maybe we could use a coach that knows how to use home ice to his advantage.  :) 

Just sayin'

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎27 at 8:28 PM, travel_dude said:

What I worry about with Bennett is we haven't seen anything resembling a break out.  Blame it on development or linemates or whatever, but he should be the best player on any line he's been on.  If he has that NHL skill level.  Maybe he has.  I'm not saying that Janko is better already, because that's not a real comparison.  

He'll be on his 3rd NHL coach, okay 2nd if you don;t consider Gully a NHL coach.  At some point, you have to decide what you have and make the right choice.  Play him top line, play him with Backlund for a defensive style player, use him for depth, or trade him if his value is high enough.

Would you (not specifically you JT) have been okay in trading Hammy and Bennett for Hanifan and Lindholm?  IN theory, Bennett should have had the same value as Ferland. 

I think this is the season to find out which is why I wouldn't trade him now. I agree playing him LW with Backlund is where to place him.

Not sure what to suggest but wonder if Toffoli of LA would be available after the Kovalchuk signing ? Thoughts

Another RW with some size strength and skill would be Coyle from MINN.

21 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

Not sure what to suggest but wonder if Toffoli of LA would be available after the Kovalchuk signing ? Thoughts

Love Toffoli, but the Cali teams don't seem to like trading within their own division

9 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Love Toffoli, but the Cali teams don't seem to like trading within their own division

Hard to say with a different mind set there now. Either Toffoli or Coyle would be good adds, both would be fantastic.

What is going on with this guy? I wonder if he has asked for a trade. He doesn't really seem like the type of guy that Lou would get along with. I would take a chance on him. Too much skill there.

I think the Islanders have wanted to move Ho-Sang for a while but it's a similar problem to Bennett, but worse becuase who is going to give you anything for him? He's got major attitude problems, has since junior, and every time he talks about changing he doesn't. Teams probably want him for free but he's a former first round pick with a bunch of talent so obviously the Islanders don't like that idea.

I don't know all the behind the scene so maybe some could vouch for him, but from afar I would have zero interest in Ho-Sang. Talented sure, but I don't think you want to deal with his attitude. Their is being frustrated, but this has been with Ho-Sang since he was a kid and while some grow up, some don't and unfortunately it appears Ho Sang i the latter. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Somehow we were good on the road.

IN other barns, we managed to somehow beat tough teams.

Maybe we could use a coach that knows how to use home ice to his advantage.  :) 

Just sayin'

That's very good point and one that should be taken into consideration before making any brash moves.

6 hours ago, MAC331 said:

I was reading about Doughty wanting top $s/term and wanting to stay in LA while management says they'll do everything they can to keep him. 

I went to CapFriendly to check out their cap situation & even this year it doesn't look good with 3 million to fill out a roster of 20. Next year 16 million minus the new Doughboy contract of likely 9ish with 15 signed. I figure we can help them out for not only this year but the next.

To Calgary:
Jeff Carter (5.272 x 4 @ 33). C/RW that stays in shape. Missed 55 games last year due to a broken ankle from blocking a shot.

Tyler Toffoli (4 x 2 @ 26). RW/LW some of you are already hot for.

Between the 2 we add top 6 RWs we need especially if Peters uses Lndholm @ center. Carts is getting older but has proved be can still play on the top line (22 points in 27 games) while being defensively responsible. If he plays 2nd line Toffoli isn't a bad 2nd option. I went withe Carter 1st due to his physical (done smartly) & defensive sides.

Total cap in just short of $10 million.

To LA:
Brouwer (4.5 x2 @ 32). Local whipping boy the Kings might be able to turn around & adds a warm body to their front end.

Michael Stone (3.5 x 2 @ 28). Gives the Kings a 6/7 D for depth when the others get hurt.

Total in $8 million but shave 2 years off the length of the Carter contract. So over 4 years about 14.5 total savings.

LA will be digging deep for any savings so $2 million is a nice start. I'd even sweeten it with a B prospect for their rebuild when the last ditch effort of Kovalchuk bites them.

6 minutes ago, Flyerfan52 said:

I was reading about Doughty wanting top $s/term and wanting to stay in LA while management says they'll do everything they can to keep him. 

I went to CapFriendly to check out their cap situation & even this year it doesn't look good with 3 million to fill out a roster of 20. Next year 16 million minus the new Doughboy contract of likely 9ish with 15 signed. I figure we can help them out for not only this year but the next.

To Calgary:
Jeff Carter (5.272 x 4 @ 33). C/RW that stays in shape. Missed 55 games last year due to a broken ankle from blocking a shot.

Between the 2 we add top 6 RWs we need especially if Peters uses Lndholm @ center. Carts is getting older but has proved be can still play on the top line (22 points in 27 games) while being defensively responsible. If he plays 2nd line Toffoli isn't a bad 2nd option. I went withe Carter 1st due to his physical (done smartly) & defensive sides.

To LA:
Brouwer (4.5 x2 @ 32). Local whipping boy the Kings might be able to turn around & adds a warm body to their front end.

Michael Stone (3.5 x 2 @ 28). Gives the Kings a 6/7 D for depth when the others get hurt.

Total in $8 million but shave 2 years off the length of the Carter contract. So over 4 years about 14.5 total savings.

LA will be digging deep for any savings so $2 million is a nice start. I'd even sweeten it with a B prospect for their rebuild when the last ditch effort of Kovalchuk bites them.

And in the unlikely circumstance that Tampa lands Tavares, they will need to move an expensive player or two. Yzerman may want to trade to a Western Conference team. I will happily take Kucherov off their hands.

15 minutes ago, Flyerfan52 said:

To Calgary:

To LA:

Interesting.  Sounds like a drastic step for LA, and one to be in CGY's favor.  I get the reasoning, but it still sounds like they get a very short end of the stick.  I would do it in a minute, but probably because I like Tofu. 

ya there is no way the Kings are going to trade Carter or Toffoli (let alone Both) for what amounts to be only 2 mill in cap space.

They'd get significantly better offers if those 2 hit the trade market. Tatar netted a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd with no salary retained and he and Toffoli are similar. 

I’m hoping the leafs land Tavares, as they will need to trade Nylander, and will need some cheap options on the backend.

Bennett plus Anderson for Nylander?

5 minutes ago, ABC923 said:

I’m hoping the leafs land Tavares, as they will need to trade Nylander, and will need some cheap options on the backend.

Bennett plus Anderson for Nylander?

They can choke on it.

Would consider Bennett + Brouwer ($2.25m retained).

12 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

What about Marner instead? 

Bennett, Brodie, and Kylington or Mangiapane. 

They would trade Gardiner and Hainsey for peanuts before they would trade Marner.

Cheap deal for another year.

60+ points in his first two years in the NHL.

9 points in 7 playoff games.

Gaudreau for Marner would be closer in value.

Just now, travel_dude said:

They would trade Gardiner and Hainsey for peanuts before they would trade Marner.

Cheap deal for another year.

60+ points in his first two years in the NHL.

9 points in 7 playoff games.

Gaudreau for Marner would be closer in value.

I think Hamilton was our best trade chip if we wanted to be in on that. We would have had to add, I think, but I don't imagine it would have been all that far off. 

Love. 

21 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

I think Hamilton was our best trade chip if we wanted to be in on that. We would have had to add, I think, but I don't imagine it would have been all that far off. 

Love. 

I don;t think it would have worked out for us.  And I think the add would have been something that would hurt as well.

Yes, we get that top line RW, but we have no replacement for Dougie.  Like, at all.

Gio-Brodie

Kulak-Hamonic

Andersson-Stone

Maybe not that far off from what we have now, but doesn't mean I would like it. 

56 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

What about Marner instead? 

Bennett, Brodie, and Kylington or Mangiapane. 

Not even close to enough.  

It would be nice to reunite Marner with Tkachuk though.

24 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Not even close to enough.  

It would be nice to reunite Marner with Tkachuk though.

I was gonna say add a 1st to that but I have been so pissed lately over the amount of picks dealt.

I don't think Marner is going anywhere, even with Hamilton I bet it was a hard no.

i honestly don't think their forward are on the block. I think they'll keep all of them. They've got lots of youth coming that's cheap