The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Jessemadnote39

Realistic Trade suggestions for improvement

2 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

What do we think it would take to get Muzzin here? Any interest? 

I'm interested but the Kings are between a rock and a hard place in regards to having their core in their primes signed long term.  They want to win now.  Trading away Muzzin doesn't do that for them.  So, they probably aren't looking to move Muzzin which means teams would have to pay a premium to get him.  That, or it will cost an NHL ready player in their mid-20s.

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎17 at 11:45 PM, The_People1 said:

If we can get Coyle, then that's basically a healthier Ferland.  

Coyle as not been the statue of health either.

I'd love Wayne Simmonds as a Flame. Imagine having to deal with Tkachuk, Simmonds in front of the net during a PP...we probably couldn't afford to extend him but as a rental he'd be ideal. 

I'd take Coyle as well, seems a bit more realistic but he could really help out our 3rd and 4th lines. Barring injury,  I don't see the Flames making any drastic TDL moves tbh. 

20 minutes ago, rickross said:

I'd love Wayne Simmonds as a Flame. Imagine having to deal with Tkachuk, Simmonds in front of the net during a PP...we probably couldn't afford to extend him but as a rental he'd be ideal. 

I'd take Coyle as well, seems a bit more realistic but he could really help out our 3rd and 4th lines. Barring injury,  I don't see the Flames making any drastic TDL moves tbh. 

Simmonds has interest by a lot of teams.  It will be an overpay trade if it happens.  The re-sign will be >Neal's.  Probably $6.5x5.  Or more.  Can;t afford the asking price nor the re-sign.  We are not in the market for a rental.  I'm interested in trades that make us better now and for a few years.  Adding a high-end player like Schenn or Tarasenko without giving up present assets is fine.  Doing that for a short term tryout isn;t.

10 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Maybe a depth D as speculated.

Adam McQuaid is a guy I could see the flames very interested in. Not a left shot s isn't ideal but if Stone can't play again this year McQuaid replaces the physical component they thought they'd have with stone. They have played Andersson on the left side before as well. 

It's shaping up to be a weird TDL for me because,

1. We aren't sellers for once.

2. We are the team to beat this year.

As we sit, there is literally no team better than us outside of Tampa Bay and it doesn't make sense to ask "How do we beat Tampa Bay?" because they are in another Conference.  So as we sit today, other teams are asking, "How do we beat the Calgary Flames?"  They are the ones who have the pressure to make something happen in attempt to leapfrog us.  We just have to sit tight and be ourselves.  What a season.

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Adam McQuaid is a guy I could see the flames very interested in. Not a left shot s isn't ideal but if Stone can't play again this year McQuaid replaces the physical component they thought they'd have with stone. They have played Andersson on the left side before as well. 

Would love to add Mcquaid he’s as tough as they come and a great teammate. Lots of Boston media and fans were upset they got rid of him. The fact he was willing to take on Reaves speaks volumes to me

I don't put a whole lot of stock in some of these rumors, but if true, giving up the late first rounder for Dzingel isn't such an outrageous price.. would likely have more to do with other things involved or requested ...  Worth keeping an eye on for what BT may be looking at ..

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/flames-refuse-to-pay-the-price-to-land-senators-dzingel

8 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

I don't put a whole lot of stock in some of these rumors, but if true, giving up the late first rounder for Dzingel isn't such an outrageous price.. would likely have more to do with other things involved or requested ...  Worth keeping an eye on for what BT may be looking at ..

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/flames-refuse-to-pay-the-price-to-land-senators-dzingel

Dzingel is on pace for around 30, so the Sens are justified in that ask. I just don’t know how reliable that source is as, where would he fit here? 3rd line probably and then you have Bennett playing 4th line, gives you depth sure but I’m not sure Dzingel is the player to drive the bus on the 3rd line, I think he benefits from playing with skill 

15 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Dzingel is on pace for around 30, so the Sens are justified in that ask. I just don’t know how reliable that source is as, where would he fit here? 3rd line probably and then you have Bennett playing 4th line, gives you depth sure but I’m not sure Dzingel is the player to drive the bus on the 3rd line, I think he benefits from playing with skill 

He does dish it as well...I wouldn't be surprised if BT is looking for some playmaking skill to play with Neal.. not sure if he's my 1st choice but even as a rental I'd give up the 1st

26 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I would agree with this. Dzingel is not a driver he's a finisher and I think if the Flames acquired him you'd likely see his numbers drop a fair bit and he's struggle like the rest of the bottom 6. I don't like the target and definetly would not give up a first for him. Don't give up a first for someone who can't play in your top 6 and isn't a center. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phoenix66 said:

Dzingel is a good player but he doesn't fit a need for us.  LHS LW. 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

I don't like the target and definetly would not give up a first for him. Don't give up a first for someone who can't play in your top 6 and isn't a center. 

I pretty much agree... I don't actually think that the first should be in play unless the return is exceptional, and I doubt that it would be since our first is expected to be late. 

Love. 

I keep going back and forth on whether we should use our 1st. On one hand I look at our team this year and say we should go for it and if the right trade is there pull the trigger. On the other hand I look at our prospect pool and after Dube, it is full of long shots and depth players, it would be nice to start refilling the prospect pool with some top end prospects, seeing as most of our top end prospects have graduated.

4 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

I pretty much agree... I don't actually think that the first should be in play unless the return is exceptional, and I doubt that it would be since our first is expected to be late. 

Love. 

Just now, JTech780 said:

I keep going back and forth on whether we should use our 1st. On one hand I look at our team this year and say we should go for it and if the right trade is there pull the trigger. On the other hand I look at our prospect pool and after Dube, it is full of long shots and depth players, it would be nice to start refilling the prospect pool with some top end prospects, seeing as most of our top end prospects have graduated.

I keep hearing that this coming draft is a deep one.   Not sure if it compares to 2003 but it becomes a double edge sword.  I think our late first is going to be worth something as a result of a presumed deep draft but at the same time, a late first is worth hanging onto because first line talent may exist well into the late first round.

4 hours ago, cross16 said:

McQuiad would make some sense, the other guy I wonder if they would have interest in was Cody McCleod. Tough guy that play a little bit on the 4th line if we need that physical edge in the lineup. If we end up playing Edmonton or Vegas in the 1st or 2nd round it would be nice to have an answer for guys like Reaves. We also showed last night though that the way to make a team like the Oilers pay is by killing them on the PP. That being said you can't have guys like Lucic taking liberties with Gaudreau. I think a big reason that the Oilers are where they are is because they aren't playing for each other, we manhandled McDavid last night and the rest of the Oilers just let us do it, they are emissions g that pack mentality and we have it this year.

13 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

McQuiad would make some sense, the other guy I wonder if they would have interest in was Cody McCleod. Tough guy that play a little bit on the 4th line if we need that physical edge in the lineup. If we end up playing Edmonton or Vegas in the 1st or 2nd round it would be nice to have an answer for guys like Reaves. We also showed last night though that the way to make a team like the Oilers pay is by killing them on the PP. That being said you can't have guys like Lucic taking liberties with Gaudreau. I think a big reason that the Oilers are where they are is because they aren't playing for each other, we manhandled McDavid last night and the rest of the Oilers just let us do it, they are emissions g that pack mentality and we have it this year.

I wondered last night if McDavid was angry about the loss, the lack of work ethic, or that he was upset about being roughed up. Either way, Edmonton appears to be grinding on him. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave. That place is a mess, and when they try to fix it, they make a real mess. They might want to think of a backup plan in case McDavid decides to request a trade to anywhere else.

2 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

I wondered last night if McDavid was angry about the loss, the lack of work ethic, or that he was upset about being roughed up. Either way, Edmonton appears to be grinding on him. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave. That place is a mess, and when they try to fix it, they make a real mess. They might want to think of a backup plan in case McDavid decides to request a trade to anywhere else.

One thing I wonder about is if we will start to see opt out clauses in contracts like you see in other sports. So at a certain point in the contract a player can walk away from the contract and become a free agent.

3 hours ago, phoenix66 said:

I don't mind Dzingel, I see him kind of as a Hoffman lite, he's speedy and can score. I wouldn't give up a 1st for him though and the only way I see him as a fit is if Tkachuk is comfortable playing RW on the 2nd line with Dzingel as the LW.

48 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I keep hearing that this coming draft is a deep one.   Not sure if it compares to 2003 but it becomes a double edge sword.  I think our late first is going to be worth something as a result of a presumed deep draft but at the same time, a late first is worth hanging onto because first line talent may exist well into the late first round.

I think the one thing we can't do is give away the 1st for a rental. If you give up your 1st the player coming back has to have some term IMO. Guys like Schenn or Kreider I would consider giving up a 1st, but I am still not sure I would do it, at least you are getting either for next year as well as these playoffs.

We are in a unique position that we have not seen in many many many years. This year we have a team that could potentially make a run. With the parity around the league, this may be an opportunity we do not see again or could see repeating itself once again.  So as the GM do you waste this opportunity and stay status quo or go all in and make a run for it.

If we are going to push the chips in, does bringing in another goalie bestow confidence in the ones you have, no it doesn't. You have to go for it, Agreed it may be a Satoshi Nakamototy draft year to do so but is there guarantee we see this situation again? IMHO our 1st should be in play rental or not, but it has to be the right pieces in order to push the needle.  So who are the 2 pieces required to push this over the cliff to make us Stanley Cup champions.

Staying status quo will not waste an opportunity. The Flames as of right now are a cup contender and that won't change if they don't make a deadline move. 

Im not worried about moving the first in the right deal but I'm not seeing it out there. I'm not really in favour of a big move because I think these players have deserved the chance to give it a go. I'm really only looking at depth moves and that should not require a first round pick unless there is a playmaking center available I don't know about. Brining in D and goalie help, which I'm all for, won't cost a high draft pick.