The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Jessemadnote39

Realistic Trade suggestions for improvement

21 hours ago, phoenix66 said:

only problem with that , is the further you go into the season the less return and the bigger risk of upsetting the chemistry when you have to trade him at the deadline 

I don't think you necessarily have to trade Brodie at the TDL next season should the team be doing well. The ultimate goal is to win the SC not be overly concerned about what comes back in a trade. They might even consider extending Brodie this offseason. I have no problem with Andersson, Valimaki and Kylington filling out the 7 defensemen for a few years gaining additional experience.

5 hours ago, MAC331 said:

I don't think you necessarily have to trade Brodie at the TDL next season should the team be doing well. The ultimate goal is to win the SC not be overly concerned about what comes back in a trade. They might even consider extending Brodie this offseason. I have no problem with Andersson, Valimaki and Kylington filling out the 7 defensemen for a few years gaining additional experience.

Unless we plan on extending Brodie, we should be considering maximizing value at the draft table. Go into next season fresh.

Will need some swarthy asset mgmt with the upcoming Tkachuk, Rittich signings.

All of Brodie, Hamonic, Andersson, Kylington expire at the same time.

Hard decisions on the horizon.

42 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Unless we plan on extending Brodie, we should be considering maximizing value at the draft table. Go into next season fresh.

Dont they all expire around the Expansion Draft? Could be a way to circumvent the draft rules?

27 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Dont they all expire around the Expansion Draft? Could be a way to circumvent the draft rules?

When is the expansion draft?  June 2020?

I am all for making the club better. At present i do not see goaltending as the issue. Bottom 6 yes, we could upgrade but at what cost. Imho Lazar could fit the role ais RW 4th liner, Rychel snd Quine could be a fit.we are goningto require some beef in the bottom to make arun. I see the final going through,NSH or Winnipeg. Tighten the derense and some depth scoring and we couldmake some noise. Question is are these guys capable to make it? Who gets traded and for who

• Like 1

15 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I think we have the right man for the job in BT for those decisions.

11 hours ago, tmac70 said:

I am all for making the club better. At present i do not see goaltending as the issue. Bottom 6 yes, we could upgrade but at what cost. Imho Lazar could fit the role ais RW 4th liner, Rychel snd Quine could be a fit.we are goningto require some beef in the bottom to make arun. I see the final going through,NSH or Winnipeg. Tighten the derense and some depth scoring and we couldmake some noise. Question is are these guys capable to make it? Who gets traded and for who

Maybe Lomberg will be a big factor in the playoffs.  He seems like a playoff character.  

Anyone willing to take a look at Kevin Hayes from the Rangers?  5.1 Mill cap hit on an expiring contract. Excellent passer and playmaker that can also put the puck in the net. Bump Janko to center the fourth line and our third line could be Bennett, Hayes, Neal. 

Likely worth our first?  

2 minutes ago, Addicted said:

Anyone willing to take a look at Kevin Hayes from the Rangers?  5.1 Mill cap hit on an expiring contract. Excellent passer and playmaker that can also put the puck in the net. Bump Janko to center the fourth line and our third line could be Bennett, Hayes, Neal. 

Likely worth our first?  

Not worth our first.

But Hayes is a good player.  

Any reason not to move Jankowski to LW? Might help ease his load in the D zone.

As for Hayes, I think that would require addition by subtraction from our forward ranks.

But he looks like the typical, "career highs in a contract year", so that's buyer beware for me.

5.1 already seems like a high number to me for a 3C on a good team.

Pretty much at Backlund money now.

Pure rental, no chance to re-sign.

I'd pass, personally.

Wasn't there a story with Johnny some years ago wanting him to sign here? But he wanted to be in NY?

Do I have that straight?

39 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

How about Ryan and Czarnik for Derek Stepan C from ARZ ?

If you could make that happen I'd be in. lol

Realistically though, Czarnik is in development so I wouldn't trade him.

3 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Not worth our first.

But Hayes is a good player.  

Correct you are, not worth our first for a rental since we likely couldn’t resign him. I do think he’d be a great addition for our bottom 6 for a cup run though. What do you think the asking price would be?  I’m not sure why the Rangers only signed him for 1 year last year, maybe for a “prove it” contract and a possible pay day next year.   10 goals, 23 assists in 39 games so far this year. Likely could really elevate Neal. 

4 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

If you could make that happen I'd be in. lol

Realistically though, Czarnik is in development so I wouldn't trade him.

What does that mean Czarnik is in development, so what ? If we could get a 2nd line C that helps set this team up better we wouldn't need Czarnik and ARZ could.

3 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

What does that mean Czarnik is in development, so what ? If we could get a 2nd line C that helps set this team up better we wouldn't need Czarnik and ARZ could.

Read my first sentence, if you're getting Stepan for Ryan and Czarnik, I'm all in.

28 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Read my first sentence, if you're getting Stepan for Ryan and Czarnik, I'm all in.

Do you think that is to light from our side ?

John Chyka was on the 31 Thoughts podcast last week and he raved about Derek Stepan. 

So not only is it pretty light from the Flames side, I highly doubt Stepan is a guy the Coytoes want to move.

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

John Chyka was on the 31 Thoughts podcast last week and he raved about Derek Stepan. 

So not only is it pretty light from the Flames side, I highly doubt Stepan is a guy the Coytoes want to move.

Don't know if you don't ask.

Muzzin has been traded to the Leafs. Pretty good haul as well so while I don't think it ever made sense for the Flames, glad they avoided. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Muzzin has been traded to the Leafs. Pretty good haul as well so while I don't think it ever made sense for the Flames, glad they avoided. 

That sounded insane to me at first. However, I understand that this is a weak draft year, and I assume that Toronto will have a late pick. Muzzin is a known commodity.

And I have no idea about Grundstrom or Durzi.

14 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

That sounded insane to me at first. However, I understand that this is a weak draft year, and I assume that Toronto will have a late pick. Muzzin is a known commodity.

And I have no idea about Grundstrom or Durzi.

A late 1st, prospect that will top out as a 2nd line wing best case scenario but probably a bottom 6 guy, and a RHD they just drafted in June who has been p/pg in the O this season

It's a really good haul for the Kings. Grundstroma a similar caliber prospect to Dube and Durzi has been putting up some really good numbers. Puck moving Dman. 

But muzzin is a really good Dman who fills a massive need for the Leafs. Good for both sides. 

40 minutes ago, cross16 said:

That's a reality byte right there.