Jump to content
The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Jessemadnote39

Realistic Trade suggestions for improvement

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, MAC331 said:

Could be good insurance in case dealing with Tkachuk becomes difficult. Make them take Neal .

 

This is what I’ve been suggesting. Optimally Neal as part of the package to Ottawa. 

 

Some others have beat me to it here, but today I’ve been wondering if BT sends Tkachuk the other way. 

 

Edit - not both. One or the other as part of a package. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be no way BT trades Tkachuk for Stone. All it does is fill one hole and create another. We would have two great RW and only one great LW. Right now it’s vise-versa. 

 

Also he have yet to see the best from Tkachuk, where as Stone while still an incredible player will be out of his prime in 3-5 seasons

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Unless you have a goalie with a sharp stick that doesn't let them turn the forecheck on.

Puck movement.

Hope your size can skate...

 

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Did you watch last night's game.

The Isles could not forecheck. At all.

 

It's funny how the Smith critics are not talking about how he stifled the NYI last evening. He intercepted the puck something like 25 times in the first 2 periods alone and moved it forward successfully every time, essentially eliminating the forecheck every time. 

The frustrated Trotz made reference to it post game, the audio is somewhere.

Tell me that is not frustrating on the opposition.   

Critics here would rather point out how his positioning is so awful on every single goal against.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CheersMan said:

 

It's funny how the Smith critics are not talking about how he stifled the NYI last evening. He intercepted the puck something like 25 times in the first 2 periods alone and moved it forward successfully every time, essentially eliminating the forecheck every time. 

The frustrated Trotz made reference to it post game, the audio is somewhere.

Tell me that is not frustrating on the opposition.   

Critics here would rather point out how his positioning is so awful on every single goal against.

 

 

Smith let in 2 goals on 19 shots. Let's take it easy here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CheersMan said:

 

It's funny how the Smith critics are not talking about how he stifled the NYI last evening. He intercepted the puck something like 25 times in the first 2 periods alone and moved it forward successfully every time, essentially eliminating the forecheck every time. 

The frustrated Trotz made reference to it post game, the audio is somewhere.

Tell me that is not frustrating on the opposition.   

Critics here would rather point out how his positioning is so awful on every single goal against.

 

 

Lovers of Smith are blinded by the one good thing he does every night.  Playing the puck off the boards and a short pass to the D.

I know you don;t see it, but he creates havoc with his D about 1/4 of the times he handles it.

What good is him shooting the puck out and it's picked up by the other team?

A waste of a breakout chance.

A turnover.

If he ices the puck, it puts pressure on the guys on the ice.

And maybe you didn;t see it.

Strange, because you were counting the times it worked. 

 

He made saves last night, along with every goalie on the ice in every rink.

Let's not pretend he was a god out there.

Did he make some really good saves?  Sure.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

 

Smith let in 2 goals. Let's take it easy here.

I'm cool man, everything is cool.

 

49 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

 

Lovers of Smith are blinded by the one good thing he does every night.  Playing the puck off the boards and a short pass to the D.

I know you don;t see it, but he creates havoc with his D about 1/4 of the times he handles it.

What good is him shooting the puck out and it's picked up by the other team?

A waste of a breakout chance.

A turnover.

If he ices the puck, it puts pressure on the guys on the ice.

And maybe you didn;t see it.

Strange, because you were counting the times it worked. 

 

He made saves last night, along with every goalie on the ice in every rink.

Let's not pretend he was a god out there.

Did he make some really good saves?  Sure.

 

 

I'm not in love with Smith, but I appreciate the performances he has brought lately and historically.

Smith creating havoc with his D 25% of the time? Huh?

It was good of you to comb thru the game tape and find 2 occasions where we lost possession twice off of Smiths stick. When you're handling the puck 30 times a night chances are you will give it away once or twice. If one was icing and one was across the red line and it never ended up in the back of your net then no big deal. Our D may have given it up even more if they were force back to retrieve it very time.

It wasn't my count, it was the advanced stat guys count.

Keep your critic pen out, Rittich (god love him and hope he re-signs) is playing soon. Maybe you can critic his every move the way you do Smiths.

Not every goalie made saves last night, see DET.

Lets hope Smitty regains your faith because our season depends on it.

--------

Maybe these last few posts can be moved to "goaltending thread"?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CheersMan said:

I'm cool man, everything is cool.

 

I'm not in love with Smith, but I appreciate the performances he has brought lately and historically.

Smith creating havoc with his D 25% of the time? Huh?

It was good of you to comb thru the game tape and find 2 occasions where we lost possession twice off of Smiths stick. When you're handling the puck 30 times a night chances are you will give it away once or twice. If one was icing and one was across the red line and it never ended up in the back of your net then no big deal. Our D may have given it up even more if they were force back to retrieve it very time.

It wasn't my count, it was the advanced stat guys count.

Keep your critic pen out, Rittich (god love him and hope he re-signs) is playing soon. Maybe you can critic his every move the way you do Smiths.

Not every goalie made saves last night, see DET.

Lets hope Smitty regains your faith because our season depends on it.

--------

Maybe these last few posts can be moved to "goaltending thread"?

 

Not to mention NYI has one of the best forechecks in the game and our guys were having trouble handling it. Smith jumping in was needed more than usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Bobcast, the TSN insiders mentioned that the ask for Stone from Winnipeg was 2 1st's and 2 prospects. That changes things a bit for me if that is the same ask from Calgary.

 

First of all I think Calgary needs to have salary go the other way to make it work as. I think they only give up the assets of they can sign Stone. Also Ottawa will need to add salary just to be able to reach the floor next year. That's where Neal being part of the trade might actually work. If we can't shed a salary in the deal I can't see how it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just noticed we play Ottawa IN Ottawa on Sunday. Day before TDL. Will BT be in the house? Will Dorion? We’ll see...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JTech780 said:

. That's where Neal being part of the trade might actually work. If we can't shed a salary in the deal I can't see how it works.

 

Thats what I’m saying. And again, Neal’s contract has no signing bonuses, no clauses, and he’s locked in for 5 years. Sounds to me like it would check a few “nice to haves” for Ottawa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

On the Bobcast, the TSN insiders mentioned that the ask for Stone from Winnipeg was 2 1st's and 2 prospects. That changes things a bit for me if that is the same ask from Calgary.

 

First of all I think Calgary needs to have salary go the other way to make it work as. I think they only give up the assets of they can sign Stone. Also Ottawa will need to add salary just to be able to reach the floor next year. That's where Neal being part of the trade might actually work. If we can't shed a salary in the deal I can't see how it works.

Maybe BT is after Tkachuk from OTT and not Stone ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

Maybe BT is after Tkachuk from OTT and not Stone ???

 

I’d love that, but with Ottawa rebuilding, I don’t think trading away Brady Tkachuk is an option. Who knows though right? Look at the mess Dorion created because he had to have Duchene. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

On the Bobcast, the TSN insiders mentioned that the ask for Stone from Winnipeg was 2 1st's and 2 prospects. That changes things a bit for me if that is the same ask from Calgary.

 

First of all I think Calgary needs to have salary go the other way to make it work as. I think they only give up the assets of they can sign Stone. Also Ottawa will need to add salary just to be able to reach the floor next year. That's where Neal being part of the trade might actually work. If we can't shed a salary in the deal I can't see how it works.

TJ- Neal-- 2 firsts . I'm in  :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

 

Thats what I’m saying. And again, Neal’s contract has no signing bonuses, no clauses, and he’s locked in for 5 years. Sounds to me like it would check a few “nice to haves” for Ottawa. 

Should OTT trade Duchene, Stone, Dzingel and Ceci they have traded their leadership group and could use some back in deals. I believe there is a deal here for Stone if OTT is willing to take some salaries back from CGY. Stone has to sign a new contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

TJ- Neal-- 2 firsts . I'm in  :) 

What about usable players with remaining term rather than throwing draft picks at OTT. Brodie, Neal, Mangiapane and Czarnik.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who finds it odd that with Neal being injured and not having a very good year stat wise theres so much assumptions other teams are going to want to include him in a package? I dont think that would happen unless the Flames retain a big chunk of Neals salary. Even then I think its a very minimal chance that happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

Am I the only one who finds it odd that with Neal being injured and not having a very good year stat wise theres so much assumptions other teams are going to want to include him in a package? I dont think that would happen unless the Flames retain a big chunk of Neals salary. Even then I think its a very minimal chance that happens.

 

I think Ottawa is the only team that would take him and that's only because of their salary cap situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...