The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Jessemadnote39

Realistic Trade suggestions for improvement

Look forward to seeing him, never seem him play yet, but it's really hard to comprehend how he wasn't drafted. He put up very good numbers in junior and while yes he played al lot with Sam Reinhart, Reinhart also gave him credit for making him a better player. Be interesting to see who this turns out but his story is pretty cool. 

If nothing else this gives the Flames some much needed depth at a critical position. They are very thin on centers outside the NHL. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Look forward to seeing him, never seem him play yet, but it's really hard to comprehend how he wasn't drafted. He put up very good numbers in junior and while yes he played al lot with Sam Reinhart, Reinhart also gave him credit for making him a better player. Be interesting to see who this turns out but his story is pretty cool. 

If nothing else this gives the Flames some much needed depth at a critical position. They are very thin on centers outside the NHL. 

Exactly what I thought looking at his numbers with Kootenay.

It's odd he'd be passed over through 210 picks.

19 hours ago, cross16 said:

The timing of his injuries may have had a lot to do with being passed over.

Strange nobody took a flier on him though.

I agree about depth.  RHS/C are hard to come by.  Gawdin is one, but he's having issues with being consistent.  That said, he's a 1st year pro, so that will happen except for the very best players.

3 hours ago, JTech780 said:

3 hours ago, MAC331 said:

Would be nothing wrong about this.

It will light Flames under the butts of both Gillies and Parsons and others of course. 

I get torn between goalies needing competition and needing more plating time. 

Although Rinne could be a guy to look at having the “it” factor without having the starter's net playing behind Backstrom.

You have to wonder what could have been had we landed Zucker after all. I’m glad we kept our picks but Zucker and Neal on a line could have been interesting 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rickross said:

You have to wonder what could have been had we landed Zucker after all. I’m glad we kept our picks but Zucker and Neal on a line could have been interesting 

Is Zucker out with a broken leg?  I would hate to have given up a 1st rounder and Zucker is on our IR.

36 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Is Zucker out with a broken leg?  I would hate to have given up a 1st rounder and Zucker is on our IR.

Situational. It’s like in Back to the Future, if Zucker was traded, anything he has done since the deadline would be “erased from existence!”

if its like those horror films, the injury gods would find him in other ways.

2 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Not sure if he is, could have just happened. He was playing earlier this week, I know he recently broke the 20 goal mark. Think we would have lost Frolik as well as a pick for him. 

4 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Zucker is fine.

He's in my pool.

Maybe he's a Flames later this year.

45 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

I could see Yelesin signing, as we are thin on RHS RD.

I guess since we signed Zav, and will soon sign Zagidulin, we will begin signing Russians every day now.  :) 

42 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

It's on our Cap Friendly roster that Zagidulin is on a 1 yr ELC.

But it doesn't show up in the signings list.

Yeah, that's weird.

Maybe can't be official until Date X.

I had no idea Jordan Ernst stuck with us in the E.

I don't expect a big leap from him. He'd likely top out as a good bottom 6 guy in the A.

But fun back story, my daughter hates hockey, but she'd come to games to watch him and laugh.

Although 2 yrs younger, she was taking advanced college courses in Grade 10 when he was a Sr, so they were classmates.

Evidently they got along famously. For me, that speaks to his character, because she doesn't like hockey players, in general.

Hope the kid does okay, because I trust my daughter's judgment that he's hilarious and not the idiot jock.

He was far and away the guy she told me the most stories about, in that she only comes to Sting games to laugh at him the next day.

"He's like the only guy that doesn't act like the rest of them".

I could give examples, but if he ever read this board, I'd give her away.lol

Seems like a genuinely really good kid.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, electrical_ace said:

Hey Conundrumed, I see you make reference to the Sting. I am assuming you are a Flames fan in Sarnia?

I was in Calgary for 20 yrs, now I roam for work a lot.

On 4/1/2019 at 2:45 PM, travel_dude said:

Yeah, that's weird.

Maybe can't be official until Date X.

I wondered about that too, cuz BT was on Fan 960 yesterday I believe it was , and when Boomer brought it up .. he couldnt / wouldnt confirm it or discuss it 

11 hours ago, electrical_ace said:

Hey Conundrumed, I see you make reference to the Sting. I am assuming you are a Flames fan in Sarnia?

Are you in the region?

39 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

I wondered about that too, cuz BT was on Fan 960 yesterday I believe it was , and when Boomer brought it up .. he couldnt / wouldnt confirm it or discuss it 

There must be a date foreign players can’t be signed until. 

6 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

There must be a date foreign players can’t be signed until. 

I think I found the answer.

Zagidulin's contract doesn't officially expire until the end of April.

• Like 1