The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Jessemadnote39

Realistic Trade suggestions for improvement

3 hours ago, cross16 said:

Alex Galchenyuk has not been an immediate fit with the Penguins and some questioning that the Pens won't put up with it for long. There is not a more aggressive GM in the league then Rutherford. 

I've long been a fan and think his ability to shoot the puck is something the Flames could really use. he'd be an intriguing wing option in many areas and could even allow the flexibility to perhaps move Lindholm to center and Galchenyuk becomes an option on the top line. I wonder if there is something here around Frolik for Galchenyuik. Both are pending UFAs with similar cap hits, both not great fits on the current team but both offer strengths the other team is looking for. Pens are all in so I think if they were to put Galchenyuk out there they would want a piece back that can help them this year. 

https://pittsburghhockeynow.com/alex-galchenyuk-not-fitting-with-pittsburgh-penguins-clock-ticking/

Yeah, I don't know what would work in a trade.

Frolik and Janko makes sense to us, but is Janko enough for them to have interest?

He's not going to replace anyone in the top 6, but maybe he doesn't have to.

He might actually excell there.

I think they can afford the cap if we sent both.

21 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Yeah, I don't know what would work in a trade.

Frolik and Janko makes sense to us, but is Janko enough for them to have interest?

He's not going to replace anyone in the top 6, but maybe he doesn't have to.

He might actually excell there.

I think they can afford the cap if we sent both.

pITTSBURGH IS A FLOATING mASH uNIT THIS YEAR.. cROSBY NOW OUT LONG TERM.. i DON'T THINK YOU'LL SEE PITTSBURGH GETTING RID OF ANYONE ALREADYFAMILIAR WITH THEIR SYSTEM

17 minutes ago, Horsman1 said:

pITTSBURGH IS A FLOATING mASH uNIT THIS YEAR.. cROSBY NOW OUT LONG TERM.. i DON'T THINK YOU'LL SEE PITTSBURGH GETTING RID OF ANYONE ALREADYFAMILIAR WITH THEIR SYSTEM

I agree. With Malkin and Sid both out for awhile I doubt we see PIT move a forward out. 

28 minutes ago, Sarasti said:

I agree. With Malkin and Sid both out for awhile I doubt we see PIT move a forward out. 

Gotta give to get.

A guy scratched for half the games and has 3 assists in 9 games isn't going to help.

It's not like he played Janko minutes either.

At the very least PITTS needs to improve their games against non-struggling teams.

If you are scoring 7 goals against the likes of WPG, CBJ, MIN but lose to teams near

or above you in the standings, you need to look at more than just defense.

8 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Gotta give to get.

A guy scratched for half the games and has 3 assists in 9 games isn't going to help.

It's not like he played Janko minutes either.

At the very least PITTS needs to improve their games against non-struggling teams.

If you are scoring 7 goals against the likes of WPG, CBJ, MIN but lose to teams near

or above you in the standings, you need to look at more than just defense.

Fair point. I'm not a big fan of Galchenyuk though. 

He shows flashes of his skill but ultimately I think he'd be another frustrating reclamation project.

I feel like we've been down that road more than enough times.

I really hope that Brodie is going to be ok, but I think he is going to miss some games.

Carolina apparently has Fleury and Van Riemsdyk available for trade, in return for a forward.

Does Frolik or Jankowski get us either one of those guys in return?

TVR has 1 year remaining with a cap hit of $2.3m, he is a RHS.

Fleury will be an RFA at the end of the year he has a cap hit of $850k, he is 6'3", LHS, he was drafted 7th overall in 2014.

I wouldn't necessarily be against either of them, depending on the long term outlook for Brodie this season. That being said, Fleury, other than size, has not really shown any more then Kylington. I don't even know if Fleury really uses his size or not. I also know very little about TVR as a player. Both players appear to put up reasonable numbers without either one showing fantastic basic stats. Hopefully someone who has watched them more can add more insight. 

If all we look at is cost, Fleury being an 850k upcoming RFA is easier to swallow than TVR at 2.3 mil and upcoming UFA. If the Brodie outlook is season ending condition, than adding TVR would be at least reasonable. That being said, I would almost prefer to see Yelesin brought up, at least for a few games, to see what he can do. The Flames aren't really blowing the roof off this season, why not give a young guy a shot and see what happens. Yeltsin is a RSD and is waiver exempt. If he doesn't fit, send him back down and make a trade then.

Right now, the Flames need a spark of energy to get them going. Not sure who that piece is.

This doesn't mean Backlund sucks or can't hockey... But this just shows if we want to win the Cup, our second line Center has to have better hands than this. This is the story of Backlund's career in one play (at least in terms of scoring)...

3 hours ago, The_People1 said:

This doesn't mean Backlund sucks or can't hockey... But this just shows if we want to win the Cup, our second line Center has to have better hands than this. This is the story of Backlund's career in one play (at least in terms of scoring)...

backs has developed into a premier 3rd line defensive center .. His points are more happenstance than

talent.. I'd still keep him though unless his face offs percentage drops.. what we need is a second line center,, We really don;t have one as Bennett .. God Bless His effort .. has not developed as that player and unless he cuts down on his penalties// he's doing more harm than good.. jankowski as well is not the player we need for the second line.. which leaves those two p;layers expendable unless they are third line left wingers with backlund.. In my fantasy hockey world though.. my third line is frolik/backlund/ryan.. .. Is bennett for Pageau from Ottawa a fair trade???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horsman1 said:

backs has developed into a premier 3rd line defensive center .. His points are more happenstance than

talent.. I'd still keep him though unless his face offs percentage drops.. what we need is a second line center,, We really don;t have one as Bennett .. God Bless His effort .. has not developed as that player and unless he cuts down on his penalties// he's doing more harm than good.. jankowski as well is not the player we need for the second line.. which leaves those two p;layers expendable unless they are third line left wingers with backlund.. In my fantasy hockey world though.. my third line is frolik/backlund/ryan.. .. Is bennett for Pageau from Ottawa a fair trade???

I think we have it in Lindholm. It’s RW where the nerds lie.

Carolina put a forward on waivers today (Gibbons) which will put them at 12 forwards if they send him down.

This is interesting in that if they send Gibbons down and trade us TVR they have enough cap space to take Frolik in return.

I don't necessarily want to trade Frolik, but I think we have holes primarily on the 3rd pairing that a guy like TVR could help fill. It also helps clear some cap space.

11 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Carolina put a forward on waivers today (Gibbons) which will put them at 12 forwards if they send him down.

This is interesting in that if they send Gibbons down and trade us TVR they have enough cap space to take Frolik in return.

I don't necessarily want to trade Frolik, but I think we have holes primarily on the 3rd pairing that a guy like TVR could help fill. It also helps clear some cap space.

I would explore a trade I think you suggested.

Pysyk from FLA.

Trade Janko for Pysyk.

Frolik would be a better option, but the money doesn't work.

Zach Senyshyn can really Fly. RHS has size. 2 points in 4 games. Is, currently injured though. He skates like the wind though. 

15 hours ago, robrob74 said:

I think we have it in Lindholm. It’s RW where the nerds lie.

right wingers are harder to find than centers.. I'd keep Lindholm on the wing

22 hours ago, bosn111 said:

I wouldn't necessarily be against either of them, depending on the long term outlook for Brodie this season. That being said, Fleury, other than size, has not really shown any more then Kylington. I don't even know if Fleury really uses his size or not. I also know very little about TVR as a player. Both players appear to put up reasonable numbers without either one showing fantastic basic stats. Hopefully someone who has watched them more can add more insight. 

If all we look at is cost, Fleury being an 850k upcoming RFA is easier to swallow than TVR at 2.3 mil and upcoming UFA. If the Brodie outlook is season ending condition, than adding TVR would be at least reasonable. That being said, I would almost prefer to see Yelesin brought up, at least for a few games, to see what he can do. The Flames aren't really blowing the roof off this season, why not give a young guy a shot and see what happens. Yeltsin is a RSD and is waiver exempt. If he doesn't fit, send him back down and make a trade then.

Right now, the Flames need a spark of energy to get them going. Not sure who that piece is.

I like TVR and would be interested in acquiring him.

Hard no on Fleury. Got to see him on and off the ice when I worked at the Centrium and I know his billet family from when he was with the Rebels.

Not a quality person.

• Like 3

On 11/14/2019 at 6:33 PM, bosn111 said:

How about calling up Lomberg, at the very least, he brings intensity. Remind these guys what it looks like. Huska, coaching the Heat, said when he needed to get guys going, he'd put Lomberg with them. Sooo...

Lomberg-Ryan-Bennett?

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

How about calling up Lomberg, at the very least, he brings intensity. Remind these guys what it looks like. Huska, coaching the Heat, said when he needed to get guys going, he'd put Lomberg with them. Sooo...

Lomberg-Ryan-Bennett?

Let's call up a 4th line,

Lomberg - Rinaldo - Gawdin

This won’t happen as he’s a Babcock favourite, but a guy like Zach Hyman would be the perfect addition for the Flames.

The Leafs have many issues, and toughness is one of them. Babcock typically plays Hyman with Matthews, but they are so deep up front that they could slot many different guys into their top 6. Bennett to TOR would be a welcome addition to their bottom 6 as he will hit, fight and play a game their forwards don’t possess.

With Hyman you know what you’re getting each and every night, he’s not as physical as Bennett but he brings it every night, effort is never an issue 

What's our panic level right now? 

Are we feeling comfy with our team?

How many are still in the "it's too early to panic" state?

2 hours ago, The_People1 said:

What's our panic level right now? 

Are we feeling comfy with our team?

How many are still in the "it's too early to panic" state?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/headlines-kings-kovalchuk-looking-solution/

According to Friedman on headlines tonight, the team is getting impatient and is looking for something to shake up the team.

It was interesting that he said that Tyson Barrie is a guy who could be looking to be moved. Apparently it isn't working in Toronto. He is a guy that could really help us and really help the PP.

5 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

This won’t happen as he’s a Babcock favourite, but a guy like Zach Hyman would be the perfect addition for the Flames.

The Leafs have many issues, and toughness is one of them. Babcock typically plays Hyman with Matthews, but they are so deep up front that they could slot many different guys into their top 6. Bennett to TOR would be a welcome addition to their bottom 6 as he will hit, fight and play a game their forwards don’t possess.

With Hyman you know what you’re getting each and every night, he’s not as physical as Bennett but he brings it every night, effort is never an issue 

Hyman is yet another LW though.  

3 hours ago, JTech780 said:

According to Friedman on headlines tonight, the team is getting impatient and is looking for something to shake up the team.

It was interesting that he said that Tyson Barrie is a guy who could be looking to be moved. Apparently it isn't working in Toronto. He is a guy that could really help us and really help the PP.

Depending on how long Brodie is out, Barrie could make sense.  

10 hours ago, JTech780 said:

The problem in Toronto is they're seeing how shockingly bad he is at playing defence.