We trade Backlund for a top 6 RW.

16 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Id rather,

Tkachuk - Eichel - RW

Mangiapane - Monahan - Lindholm

Bennett - Dube - Ryan

We trade Gaudreau for Eichel.

foe some reason I still wanna see Bennett at C.

Plus maybe there’s something in between our trade suggestions that would do it, but I just don’t think Buffalo is going to trade him. I think they trade their first this year before trading him. But who is willing to give up something now to help the sabres to draft for the future.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Id rather,

Tkachuk - Eichel - RW

Mangiapane - Monahan - Lindholm

Bennett - Dube - Ryan

We trade Gaudreau for Eichel.

I’m absolutely certain BT would make you special assistant to the GM for as long as it took for you to negotiate that deal. Good Luck! 

• Like 1

So let's say we offer Monahan, Hanifin and a first for Eichel and Buffalo counters with we want Tkachuk, Valimaki and a first. Do we still make the deal? 

I do. 

2 hours ago, CheersMan said:

I’m absolutely certain BT would make you special assistant to the GM for as long as it took for you to negotiate that deal. Good Luck! 

Of course not straight up.  Gaudreau+

9 hours ago, Ward54 said:

So let's say we offer Monahan, Hanifin and a first for Eichel and Buffalo counters with we want Tkachuk, Valimaki and a first. Do we still make the deal? 

I do. 

And that’s the thing. Open a conversation.  Then see where it goes. If they’re considering putting Eichel on the table, we need to be in that conversation. 

Buffalo only has 4 forwards signed beyond this season, and the salary cap has gone up. Free agents are going to be asking for more $ to sign. A few star players (JH, Mony) on good contract deals (under $7mil each) may be very attractive to Buffalo, and would afford them more $ to sign other players. 

No mention of a Chucky trade on here please, the guy is simply the most entertaining Flame of all time!

3 hours ago, 89Again said:

No mention of a Chucky trade on here please, the guy is simply the most entertaining Flame of all time!

Tkachuk, Lindholm, Mang, Valimaki, Dube are about the only ones that shouldn’t be mentioned in trade talk

42 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Tkachuk, Lindholm, Mang, Valimaki, Dube are about the only ones that shouldn’t be mentioned in trade talk

Personally for the time being I would swap Valimaki with Andersson. Only because we know what Andersson is all about and Valimaki has yet to stay healthy enough to actually see what he brings.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 8:00 AM, JTech780 said:

This is the time of year to sign college free agents. It would make sense for Calgary to look at signing a couple of defensemen, just to help backfill some of the depth at the AHL level.

pretty quiet on the Flames front so far but I agree Dmen depth would be good 

Brinson Pasichnuk would see to be a logical fit. From Alberta, played his Junior hockey in Bonneyville and has been the captain at Arizona State where the Flames should have seen a lot of him scouting Koumontzis. 

for the rest of the major names i would assume the Flames are a tough sell. 

13 minutes ago, cross16 said:

pretty quiet on the Flames front so far but I agree Dmen depth would be good 

Brinson Pasichnuk would see to be a logical fit. From Alberta, played his Junior hockey in Bonneyville and has been the captain at Arizona State where the Flames should have seen a lot of him scouting Koumontzis. 

for the rest of the major names i would assume the Flames are a tough sell. 

It would be nice to get the top D pairing from Arizona. Brinson Paduchnuk and Josh Manicalco.

2 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

It would be nice to get the top D pairing from Arizona. Brinson Paduchnuk and Josh Manicalco.

Absolutely.

I just highlight Pasichnuk because of the ties/links to the Flames or Alberta might give them a heads up. If that link isn't there then I generally find it hard to see the Flames being a preferred destination for College Free Agents. 

On the free agent side of things they are European free agents that could be of interest too. 

Johannes Kinvalt is a player the Flames had in development camp last year and he had a pretty big year in the SHL this year. Almost double his point totals, 2nd highest scoring dman in the SHL, 22 years old, and a Right shot to boot. I don't remember much on him from camp, but sounds like he is a pretty slick offensive player who has some warts defensively. But for a free asset at a position of need if he could be had a two way deal he makes a ton of sense. 

Julius Nattinen would be the prize this year I think. Drafted with some promise in the 2nd round a few years back with Anahaim. Switched positions to the wing and has taken off. LS LW though so certainly not a position of need and unlikely he would take a deal in the AHL. 

Flames do have Carl-johan lerby joining them next year from Sweden, but with Rinat Vailev a pending UFA Group 6 and Andrew Nielson an RFA (and not progressing) I would imagine depth on D is going to be a focus for the Flames. 

with the German ans Austrain leagues shut down due ti virus.. are there players on those teams we can bring for a look see.. and.. can we even bring them over??

Interesting. He was ranked on a few writers lists. The depth certainly makes sense. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cross16 said:

Interesting. He was ranked on a few writers lists. The depth certainly makes sense. 

All in favor of that, but another LD?

I guess you take whatever you can het and make trades to fill other spots.

If Valimaki and Kylington prove they are NHL worthy, we can turn one of them into a RD or trade one.

And we could trade Hanifin.

10 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

If Valimaki and Kylington prove they are NHL worthy, we can turn one of them into a RD or trade one.

Realistically it’s a signing for Stockton. Ideally you’d like a righty, but with almost no D signed in the system, we can’t really be too choosy. Poolman is 24, he will certainly be facing an uphill climb to be an NHLer

15 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Realistically it’s a signing for Stockton. Ideally you’d like a righty, but with almost no D signed in the system, we can’t really be too choosy. Poolman is 24, he will certainly be facing an uphill climb to be an NHLer

Some context:

2019-20: Captain for second straight season.

2018-19: Named the team's Most Valuable Player by his teammates ... Finalist for the National Collegiate Hockey Conference's Player of the Year ... Also a finalist for the league's defensive defenseman of the year and an honorable mention all-conference pick for the second straight season ...  Awarded with the Archie Krum Memorial Athletic Scholarship, given to the player who demonstrates leadership qualities, high academic standards and athletic excellence ... Tallied 17 points with five goals and a dozen assists in 35 games ... Earned NCHC Defenseman of the Week twice (Oct. 29 and Dec. 10) ... Missed his first games of his career, sitting out the Feb. 1-2 series at Denver ... Had played in all 105 career games up to that point ... Scored a pair of goals in the win over Minnesota in Las Vegas, Nev. (Oct. 27) ... Added a goal and an assist the following Friday in a 5-0 blanking of Wisconsin ... Finished the season with a +7 plus/minus rating ... Blocked 33 shots ... Took just one penalty the entire season ... Named an American Hockey Coaches Association (AHCA) Krampade Division I All American Scholar ... An NCHC Distinguished Scholar-Athlete and NCHC All-Academic member ... Earned third varsity letter. 

2017-18 (Sophomore): Named an All-American Scholar by the American Hockey Coaches Association (AHCA) … Tabbed as an All-NCHC Honorable Mention … Also named to the Named to NCHC Academic All-Conference Team and was chosen an NCHC Distinguished Scholar-Athlete … One of three finalists for NCHC’s Defensive Defenseman of the Year Award … Received UND’s Archie Krum Memorial Athletic Scholarship as the “player who demonstrates leadership qualities, high academic standards and athletic excellence” … Also won the team’s Plus/Minus Award after leading the team and ranking sixth among NCHC defensemen with a career-best plus-14 rating … Earned a spot on the University’s President’s Roll of Honor during both the fall and spring semesters … Ranked sixth among NCHC defensemen with a career-high 29 points, more than doubling the 12 he notched as a freshman ... Ranked fifth among NCHC defenders in assists (22) and sixth in goals (7) … Five of his seven goals came at even-strength … Ranked second on the team with seven points (all assists) during the month of March ... Had an NCHC-leading four assists during the NCHC Quarterfinals and was a plus-3 ... Collected two helpers both nights against Omaha, including assists on both game-winning goals .... Added an assist in each of UND’s two games at the NCHC Frozen Faceoff … Had six multi-point games on the season ... Ranked second on the team with 55 blocked shots … Earned second letter.

2016-17 (Freshman): Tied for fourth among NCHC rookie defensemen in points (12) and ranked fifth in assists (10) and plus/minus (+5) ...  Assisted on Austin Poganski’s GWG in UND’s 1-0 NCHC Frozen Faceoff semifinal win over top-ranked Denver (March 17) ... Had two assists and was a plus-3 in UND’s 5-2 win at Miami in the regular-season finale (March 4) ... Blocked 52 shots, second-most on the team and a total topped by only one other NCHC freshman defenseman (Omaha’s Ryan Jones, 57) ... Scored his first career goal (the GWG) in a 5-1 win over #18 Western Michigan (Dec. 9) ... Collected his first college point with an assist in a 5-4 win over #18 Bemidji State (Oct. 22) ... Was a season-best plus-4 in a 5-2 win at Colorado College (Jan. 27), tying for a team season-best ... Had a goal and two assists in UND’s sweep at Omaha (Jan. 6-7) ... Had a goal and an assist in the series finale for his first multi-point game … Earned first letter.

Before UND: Spent the 2015-16 season with the BCHL’s Penticton Vees, where he was a teammate of future UND teammates Dixon Bowen and Tyson Jost … Served as an assistant captain and racked up three goals and 37 assists in 57 games … Ranked fifth among BCHL defensemen in scoring and fourth in assists … Received Penticton’s Unsung Hero and Best Conditioned Athlete awards … Spent the 2014-15 season with the USHL’s Fargo Force and had 10 assists in 46 games … A 2014 graduate of East Grand Forks Senior High School … Led EGF Senior High to a state championship in 2014 under head coach and former UND forward Tyler Palmiscno.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Some context:

2019-20: Captain for second straight season.

2018-19: Named the team's Most Valuable Player by his teammates ... Finalist for the National Collegiate Hockey Conference's Player of the Year ... Also a finalist for the league's defensive defenseman of the year and an honorable mention all-conference pick for the second straight season ...  Awarded with the Archie Krum Memorial Athletic Scholarship, given to the player who demonstrates leadership qualities, high academic standards and athletic excellence ... Tallied 17 points with five goals and a dozen assists in 35 games ... Earned NCHC Defenseman of the Week twice (Oct. 29 and Dec. 10) ... Missed his first games of his career, sitting out the Feb. 1-2 series at Denver ... Had played in all 105 career games up to that point ... Scored a pair of goals in the win over Minnesota in Las Vegas, Nev. (Oct. 27) ... Added a goal and an assist the following Friday in a 5-0 blanking of Wisconsin ... Finished the season with a +7 plus/minus rating ... Blocked 33 shots ... Took just one penalty the entire season ... Named an American Hockey Coaches Association (AHCA) Krampade Division I All American Scholar ... An NCHC Distinguished Scholar-Athlete and NCHC All-Academic member ... Earned third varsity letter. 

2017-18 (Sophomore): Named an All-American Scholar by the American Hockey Coaches Association (AHCA) … Tabbed as an All-NCHC Honorable Mention … Also named to the Named to NCHC Academic All-Conference Team and was chosen an NCHC Distinguished Scholar-Athlete … One of three finalists for NCHC’s Defensive Defenseman of the Year Award … Received UND’s Archie Krum Memorial Athletic Scholarship as the “player who demonstrates leadership qualities, high academic standards and athletic excellence” … Also won the team’s Plus/Minus Award after leading the team and ranking sixth among NCHC defensemen with a career-best plus-14 rating … Earned a spot on the University’s President’s Roll of Honor during both the fall and spring semesters … Ranked sixth among NCHC defensemen with a career-high 29 points, more than doubling the 12 he notched as a freshman ... Ranked fifth among NCHC defenders in assists (22) and sixth in goals (7) … Five of his seven goals came at even-strength … Ranked second on the team with seven points (all assists) during the month of March ... Had an NCHC-leading four assists during the NCHC Quarterfinals and was a plus-3 ... Collected two helpers both nights against Omaha, including assists on both game-winning goals .... Added an assist in each of UND’s two games at the NCHC Frozen Faceoff … Had six multi-point games on the season ... Ranked second on the team with 55 blocked shots … Earned second letter.

2016-17 (Freshman): Tied for fourth among NCHC rookie defensemen in points (12) and ranked fifth in assists (10) and plus/minus (+5) ...  Assisted on Austin Poganski’s GWG in UND’s 1-0 NCHC Frozen Faceoff semifinal win over top-ranked Denver (March 17) ... Had two assists and was a plus-3 in UND’s 5-2 win at Miami in the regular-season finale (March 4) ... Blocked 52 shots, second-most on the team and a total topped by only one other NCHC freshman defenseman (Omaha’s Ryan Jones, 57) ... Scored his first career goal (the GWG) in a 5-1 win over #18 Western Michigan (Dec. 9) ... Collected his first college point with an assist in a 5-4 win over #18 Bemidji State (Oct. 22) ... Was a season-best plus-4 in a 5-2 win at Colorado College (Jan. 27), tying for a team season-best ... Had a goal and two assists in UND’s sweep at Omaha (Jan. 6-7) ... Had a goal and an assist in the series finale for his first multi-point game … Earned first letter.

Before UND: Spent the 2015-16 season with the BCHL’s Penticton Vees, where he was a teammate of future UND teammates Dixon Bowen and Tyson Jost … Served as an assistant captain and racked up three goals and 37 assists in 57 games … Ranked fifth among BCHL defensemen in scoring and fourth in assists … Received Penticton’s Unsung Hero and Best Conditioned Athlete awards … Spent the 2014-15 season with the USHL’s Fargo Force and had 10 assists in 46 games … A 2014 graduate of East Grand Forks Senior High School … Led EGF Senior High to a state championship in 2014 under head coach and former UND forward Tyler Palmiscno.

He’s clearly very good. I’m probably just jaded because all these college prospects get hyped up and 95% amount to nothing. I hope I’m wrong 

2 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

He’s clearly very good. I’m probably just jaded because all these college prospects get hyped up and 95% amount to nothing. I hope I’m wrong 

Yeah, I;m not suggesrig he will be a stud.

Fox was an offensive D-man that pit up big numbers in a weak division.

This guy is more of a defensive D-man.

Who knows.  We could use a defensive D-man for a chamge.   

15 hours ago, travel_dude said:

I would agree with above, this is a signing to address organizational depth not to address the NHL. When it comes to dman for Stockon, LS vs RS should not matter as they just need depth. Currently only 3 dman would be under club control for the Flames in Stockton next year and on top of that it's a group that hasn't been very good this year. They also lack the stay at home option that Poolman is. 

I think Poolman is a long shot to be an NHLer so I don't really factor him into the plan. I think best case scenario is he gives you a call up option down the road.  

5 hours ago, cross16 said:

I would agree with above, this is a signing to address organizational depth not to address the NHL. When it comes to dman for Stockon, LS vs RS should not matter as they just need depth. Currently only 3 dman would be under club control for the Flames in Stockton next year and on top of that it's a group that hasn't been very good this year. They also lack the stay at home option that Poolman is. 

I think Poolman is a long shot to be an NHLer so I don't really factor him into the plan. I think best case scenario is he gives you a call up option down the road.  

having a farm team in Stockton is probably good in that guys would love to play in California - Not a bad place to start pro. 

20 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

having a farm team in Stockton is probably good in that guys would love to play in California - Not a bad place to start pro. 

While California is nice, Stockton is not. It's been ranked in the top 10 for crime rates in the US.

There are lots of rumors the Flames have been looking to move the team. 

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

While California is nice, Stockton is not. It's been ranked in the top 10 for crime rates in the US.

There are lots of rumors the Flames have been looking to move the team. 

I heard the same I believe Colorado Springs is a location they were looking at.

Flames do in fact sign Poolman. As well as another College FA Dman