Jump to content
The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Jessemadnote39

Realistic Trade suggestions for improvement

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

 

I think this is a great move for Ottawa as they are gonna have a young team, and although Murray has faltered, he also has won two Stanley cups, and will be good for a young team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

 

IMO that's a 1B/1B tandem, that tandem doesn't get you very far. We need a legit 1A or starter.

Yeah your probably right with the 1B/1B, but is a tandem of korpisalo / rittich that much different than a Talbot / rittich combo? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

Not at the top of my list for goalies, but someone I am sure Treliving has checked in on.

 

I am always skeptical of goalies playing on defensive minded teams with stud Ds.  Stats always ballooned.  Looks better than the Goalie really is.  

 

The Flames are mostly a hybrid system and our D has been more offensive minded than defensive.  So we do rely on natural goalie talents to bail us out from time to time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Murray is a reasonable gamble by the Sens will all their draft capital and salary cap space. Although certainly wonder how he can get his game back behind on of the league's worst teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sens are starting to look like the way a build should be. Get plenty of picks to fill the cupboards. They got lucky the Sharks fell off the hockey world. But the rest has been better than it looked a few years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, pikey7883 said:

Yeah your probably right with the 1B/1B, but is a tandem of korpisalo / rittich that much different than a Talbot / rittich combo? 


I think so not only different but better overall 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

 

There are better goalies available in free agency where you don't have to give up assets. IMO Korpisalo is overrated.

I dont know what  standards he would have to hit in your books not to be overrated but along with last years regular season #s you can add  0.190gaa / 0.941 sv% in the playoffs.  Alot better #s than many of the options that are available. Especially for the $ and age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, robrob74 said:

I might give up Ryan for him. We’d lose a lot in Ryan, but... I dunno if that and a 3rd is enough?


That trade would accomplish 2 things for us in one fell swoop! I do like Markstrom as a target, but Korpi seems to be really solid in the playoffs. Is Korpi younger than Markstrom? Maybe the ceiling is higher there. Sounds to me like CBJ wants to take a run at an available goalie in the market. 
 

It addresses a position of need and gets Ryan off the books (despite how much I like him, it would be the right move for the team) 

 

It also doesn’t mean we have to hold on to Korpi either. Does Buffalo need a goalie? Mony Johnny and Korpi for Eichel? :ph34r: I won’t let the dream die!! 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lou44291 said:


That trade would accomplish 2 things for us in one fell swoop! I do like Markstrom as a target, but Korpi seems to be really solid in the playoffs. Is Korpi younger than Markstrom? Maybe the ceiling is higher there. Sounds to me like CBJ wants to take a run at an available goalie in the market. 
 

It addresses a position of need and gets Ryan off the books (despite how much I like him, it would be the right move for the team) 

 

It also doesn’t mean we have to hold on to Korpi either. Does Buffalo need a goalie? Mony Johnny and Korpi for Eichel? :ph34r: I won’t let the dream die!! 

 

4 years younger and only $2.8 mil for 2 more years.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flames make qualifying offers official.  No surprises. 

 

While they could bring him back I would suspect this is the end for Janko as a Flame. I think it's time to move on and wish him well. He handled himself very well during a very tough situation. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Flames make qualifying offers official.  No surprises. 

 

While they could bring him back I would suspect this is the end for Janko as a Flame. I think it's time to move on and wish him well. He handled himself very well during a very tough situation. 

 

 

 Yeh I have a bad feeling he’s gonna walk where and be given a real opportunity and ends up reaching his potential...mmm I can see us getting burned like when they let

M. St. Louis go 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

 Yeh I have a bad feeling he’s gonna hi walks where and be given a real opportunity and ends up reaching his potential...mmm I can see us getting burned like when they let

M. St. Louis go 


 

you mean Jankowski?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

 Yeh I have a bad feeling he’s gonna hi walks where and be given a real opportunity and ends up reaching his potential...mmm I can see us getting burned like when they let

M. St. Louis go 

 

 

I think he’s they type that can play up the lineup on wing. We have too many LW and C for him. Plus he hasn’t made guys better, same with Sammy. So I think you could be right, but I see him as a 15-20g guy... I just wish he played with mor confidence 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Jankowski is as bad as he played this year, confidence was definitely lacking, maybe Peters mind games messed with him.  But I also don't see this as a significant loss that will come back to bite us like St. Louis and others, or even one that we will regret a little.  Hopefully he can land somewhere else.  I wish Feaster never made that 10 year guarantee, just pure stupidity and attention towards a kid on the biggest day of his life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sak22 said:

I don't think Jankowski is as bad as he played this year, confidence was definitely lacking, maybe Peters mind games messed with him.  But I also don't see this as a significant loss that will come back to bite us like St. Louis and others, or even one that we will regret a little.  Hopefully he can land somewhere else.  I wish Feaster never made that 10 year guarantee, just pure stupidity and attention towards a kid on the biggest day of his life. 


I agree, I liken this to Byron. It stings a bit but he isn’t going to make or break a Cup for us. If he scores more for another team, he wasn’t going to for the Flames. Like Byron couldn’t bury a breakaway for the Flames and suddenly could for the habs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully, Jankowski can find NHL work. He seems like a great kid.

 

From a Flames perspective, I'm not too concerned about losing him. I think you can get way more value out of Gawdin in his role next year. He's essentially a 13 goal scorer, the 17 is a mirage to me as he scored 4 in the season finale against a Vegas team that would rather have been anywhere else that night. Still a functional player, but not someone I'd lose sleep over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cross16 said:

Flames make qualifying offers official.  No surprises. 

 

While they could bring him back I would suspect this is the end for Janko as a Flame. I think it's time to move on and wish him well. He handled himself very well during a very tough situation. 

 

 

The side note was Andrew Nielsen's end puts the end to any links to the Jarome Iginla trade.  Kent Nilsson to Joe Nieuwendyk to Jarome Iginla to Jack Satoshi Nakamoto. 😡

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.tsn.ca/video/oilers-flames-in-the-markstrom-sweepstakes-could-stastny-return-to-winnipeg~2051061

 

I don't see EDM as a great Markstrom fit. He definitely fills a huge need, but that would mean you have 10 or 11 mill tied up in goalies alone. With rumours of RNH asking for 8 and EDM offering him 6.2, I don' know if they can keep Markstrom and re-sign RNH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Markstrom to EDM thing is interesting. Someone from Vancouver had commented they were told he wasn’t interested. 
 

Friday should be fun and interesting. Been a while since I was this curious how a free agency day would unfold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Vegas is in a serious salary cap bind. They are trying really hard to unload salary, and the best way for them is to dump MAF and his 7 million dollar salary.  But what if they can't? Their next best bet is passing off Stastny. He's a decent centerman, but overpaid at 6.5 million. It's possible no one will really want that.  So who do you think could be available as cap relief beyond that? Would they consider Marchessault for futures or cheaper players? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cross16 said:

Flames make qualifying offers official.  No surprises. 

 

While they could bring him back I would suspect this is the end for Janko as a Flame. I think it's time to move on and wish him well. He handled himself very well during a very tough situation. 

 

 

TB knows how to stick it to CGY. I see Janko signing with TB and winning a SC next season as a 4th line centre. 

Feaster can then say "I told you so".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...