The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xstrike

Flint Firebirds

Facinating story and I personally applaud them. Yes an owner can technically do whatever he wants, but I also respect the rights of the players to react to that decision in any way they want to as well.

Very interesting that the owners son, who apparantly this is all about int he first place, was right there with them walking own. That's going to make family dinner a pretty interesting place at that household.

That's the right move but man I just don't how that franchise can be credible after something like his. How do you just put this past you and move on? Tense atmosphere.

That's the right move but man I just don't how that franchise can be credible after something like his. How do you just put this past you and move on? Tense atmosphere.

League takes over team, and dismisses current ownership.

League apologizes for the embarassing spectacle, and announces search for new ownership

New ownership (once in place) states publicly that this will not happen under their watch, and that the aim of the team is to ice an entertained, skilled team while maintaining a developmental atmosphere.

Timeline: 2-3 years max

That'll be $800k for consultation fees, please. :P:D

League takes over team, and dismisses current ownership.

League apologizes for the embarassing spectacle, and announces search for new ownership

New ownership (once in place) states publicly that this will not happen under their watch, and that the aim of the team is to ice an entertained, skilled team while maintaining a developmental atmosphere.

Timeline: 2-3 years max

That'll be $800k for consultation fees, please. :P:D

Problem there, is i'm not sure there are many people lining up to own Junior Hockey teams. Everythign i've read in the past says they typically barely break even or make very little money.

Very interesting that the owners son, who apparantly this is all about int he first place, was right there with them walking own. That's going to make family dinner a pretty interesting place at that household.

Maybe a bit tense at dinner, but imagine what it would be like if he didn't join the team in walking out. It would nearly destroy any chance of a career he might have as a player (since no players on the Flint team would trust him, at all. And a reputation like that definitely makes it difficult to get a proper fresh start anywhere in NA).