The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlamesFanatic

Can Sutter do 4.6mil for

With J-Bo signed that leaves 4.6 mil, i'd like to see Bertuzzi, Boyd, Lundmark, Pardy all signed do you guys think this can happen?

This is w/o Backlunds .875 mil so you can substitute him in for one of the three.

I would like to see Primeau and Sarich gone preferably traded to: Boston for Ference, Atlanta for Exelby, Florida for Eminger, Islanders for Witt

I like Sarich but we need the cap space, i don't want to play 2 men short at the end of the season anymore. And to be honest i'd rather have Pardy and Bertuzzi

Cap Central says Backlund is making 1.3 million

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=CGY''>http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=CGY' target="_blank">http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=CGY[/post]

Sarich will be staying, I think, to help make the best top 4 D in the league.

I don't think Bertuzzi will be back, and frankly that is fine with me.

I think Boyd Lundmark and Pardy will be signed under that, and some other young guys brought up.

With J-Bo signed that leaves 4.6 mil, i'd like to see Bertuzzi, Boyd, Lundmark, Pardy all signed do you guys think this can happen?

This is w/o Backlunds .875 mil so you can substitute him in for one of the three.

I would like to see Primeau and Sarich gone preferably traded to: Boston for Ference, Atlanta for Exelby, Florida for Eminger, Islanders for Witt

I like Sarich but we need the cap space, i don't want to play 2 men short at the end of the season anymore. And to be honest i'd rather have Pardy and Bertuzzi

im an exelby fan :)

look for bert to be the odd man out, i would assume.

I think all Sutter needs to do is keep his younger players for an affordable price, and sign a veteran defensive forward to anchor the 4th line.

oh you mean like primeau? :blush:

Must sign Bert!!! He's the best calibre player we can get for the amount of money he'll want. Boyd and Pardy will be a higher priority for Sutter though as he has expressed how his goal for the offseason was to address the "problems" with the team(coaching staff and defense) and then sign Moss, Boyd and Pardy.But I reaaallly hope we give Bert atleast one more year, I think a Backlund-Langkow-Bertuzzi line would amazing, mostly just the combination of Bert and Backlund.

correct you are, i like the sounds of an up and coming playmaker feeding passes to the only player in the league that seems to be able to shoot only from his back hand and make highlight reel passes to the other team.

we want this kid to gain confidence, not lose it chasing the puck back to his end everytime while bert glides back with is obsurdly lose chin strap flapping in the limited wind that his lacklustre skating effort creates.

Primeau will start in the minors giving us 5.8 million to spend. Bert 1.5 leaves us 4.3 million. Boyd at 1 million leaves us 3.3 million. Pardy at $900,000 gives us 2.4 million. Lundmark will have to sign for the minimum if he wants to play here leaving us 1.8 for injury space.

Primeau will start in the minors giving us 5.8 million to spend. Bert 1.5 leaves us 4.3 million. Boyd at 1 million leaves us 3.3 million. Pardy at $900,000 gives us 2.4 million. Lundmark will have to sign for the minimum if he wants to play here leaving us 1.8 for injury space.

right you are sir...should be not to shabby

and if someones worried about offense, come the deadline or something, sarich could be moved to bring in a forward, depends also on how giordano/pardy develop on our third line behind the top 4 studs.

I'd like to see new blood brought in. Bertuzzi was a nice experiment but I'd like to see somebody else, maybe Shanahan?

oh you mean like primeau? :blush:

Maybe, but I think he makes 400k to much for that role. :ph34r:

correct you are, i like the sounds of an up and coming playmaker feeding passes to the only player in the league that seems to be able to shoot only from his back hand and make highlight reel passes to the other team.

we want this kid to gain confidence, not lose it chasing the puck back to his end everytime while bert glides back with is obsurdly lose chin strap flapping in the limited wind that his lacklustre skating effort creates.

Are you talking about Todd Bertuzzi, the only player on the roster last year with good hands? The only player who could score in the shootout? The player who got 44 points in 66 games?

and who would you want Backlund playing with? Conroy and Glencross? If you expect him to be playing on our first line you're just banging your head against the wall, there's no way any coach would put a rookie player who has been in the system for 2 years on the first line straight out of camp to start the season.

If Bert will sign for $1.5 mil or less, then I say sign him.

He is probably sitting at home right now and everytime his phone rings he answers saying DARRYL???...............

Bertuzzi was our most "creative" player last year, i really think that we lack greatly in that area, i think we need him, lets keep the Bourque Langkow Bertuzzi line intact.

Must sign Bert!!! He's the best calibre player we can get for the amount of money he'll want. Boyd and Pardy will be a higher priority for Sutter though as he has expressed how his goal for the offseason was to address the "problems" with the team(coaching staff and defense) and then sign Moss, Boyd and Pardy.But I reaaallly hope we give Bert atleast one more year, I think a Backlund-Langkow-Bertuzzi line would amazing, mostly just the combination of Bert and Backlund.

[/quote

To lose Bert would be a big loss ,give him another year .we need scoring up front .And for what he did last year and in the Playoffs he was gritty and has size and could not be moved .Go with the guy that Wants to be here and his family

Are you talking about Todd Bertuzzi, the only player on the roster last year with good hands? The only player who could score in the shootout? The player who got 44 points in 66 games?

and who would you want Backlund playing with? Conroy and Glencross? If you expect him to be playing on our first line you're just banging your head against the wall, there's no way any coach would put a rookie player who has been in the system for 2 years on the first line straight out of camp to start the season.

i want backlund to suit up in abbottsford for one year if i had my way.

i think it would be good for him.

im a bertuzzi fan...but if were preaching defensive responsibility and want players to learn that, i dont see how putting backlund with bert is going to do that....yes bert is creative, so is backlund...but i dont think langkow is enough of a shooter on that line.

We need a top 6 forward. Bertuzzi is the only one out of those 4 that fits that mold. Unless Sutter can get one for cheaper (which is highly unlikely) Im willing to bet he signs Bertuzzi for $1-$1.5M.

I also want to see Pardy, Boyd, Lundmark and Roy resigned but theres only so much room.

We need a top 6 forward. Bertuzzi is the only one out of those 4 that fits that mold. Unless Sutter can get one for cheaper (which is highly unlikely) Im willing to bet he signs Bertuzzi for $1-$1.5M.

I also want to see Pardy, Boyd, Lundmark and Roy resigned but theres only so much room.

roys expendable with prust back...prust will fight anyone and has heart and toughness (look at the jaw injury)

nystrom will drop them with most players aswell....

When it came to the Shootouts Bertuzzi ALL THE WAY As Iginla said ''he has the size and to move other guys out of the way and has those soft hands to move the puck

When it came to the Shootouts Bertuzzi ALL THE WAY As Iginla said ''he has the size and to move other guys out of the way and has those soft hands to move the puck

i dont see how moving guys out fo the way benefits shootouts

haha im just kiddin, i know your talking about 2 different things.

id like bert of the 40 goal vancouver days to show up for 1.5 mil, thanks, what a team we would have then HAH just imagine.

I think that Sutter is amazing and has locked up a core for a long time. But I just think that if we could move Langkow and Sarich in a trade with Boston for Kessel and Ference, we could clear up cap space. It would also give us the opportunity to offer Camalleri and Kessel long term deals as well maybe both at around 3.5 M, and this year leaving us enough room to sign Bert, Boyd, Pardy and still having room for Injury Space. (Also assuming Primeau is in the minors), its a good way for Sutter to do lots with 4.6 M and put a young run and gun spin up front as well as keeping our core in tact.

I think Sutter has got it all figured out lol. All we gota do is wait and see.

On a side note. Bert was at the Bluejays game today...Alone. A bit odd the day b4 free agency, either hes comfortable and knows were he is going to be next year...Or comfortable enough knowing hes not playing next year?

I think that Sutter is amazing and has locked up a core for a long time. But I just think that if we could move Langkow and Sarich in a trade with Boston for Kessel and Ference, we could clear up cap space. It would also give us the opportunity to offer Camalleri and Kessel long term deals as well maybe both at around 3.5 M, and this year leaving us enough room to sign Bert, Boyd, Pardy and still having room for Injury Space. (Also assuming Primeau is in the minors), its a good way for Sutter to do lots with 4.6 M and put a young run and gun spin up front as well as keeping our core in tact.

i fail to see how

cammi, kessel, ference is cheaper then

langkow/sarich.

especially with what cammi can be making.

unless you really just suggested cammi at 3.5...if that were the case i think its safe to say he wouldnt have his bags packed at the front door....his cap hit was 3.6 last year alone...after a career year and 39 goals something doesnt convinve me he wants a pay cut and sutter still wont give it to him :blink:

kessel is an RFA and its hard to say what hes demanding from boston...

I think Sutter has got it all figured out lol. All we gota do is wait and see.

On a side note. Bert was at the Bluejays game today...Alone. A bit odd the day b4 free agency, either hes comfortable and knows were he is going to be next year...Or comfortable enough knowing hes not playing next year?

NO!!!! I'm going tomorrow! I can't believe I missed him... :(