Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
conundrumed

The Donald

419 posts in this topic

On 7/17/2018 at 6:56 PM, Cowtownguy said:

I have considered the timing of the indictments and the arrest of the Russian spy. It is suspicious, but I also remember that 5 people have already been found guilty by Mueller who has been on this case for just over a year, and the first indictments occurred in October 2017. 

I want to respond to this specifically because the logic behind it is so flawed.  I'm guessing, the conclusion you are trying to draw is that Trump colluded with Russia.  Right?  

Firstly, while it's not illegal for a candidate to collude with any national whether it's the UK, Canada, China, Iran, Israel, etc, the optics look bad.  I get it.  But it's not illegal.

Secondly, just because Russian agents were found guilty of meddling in the elections, it doesn't necessarily mean any of the following;

1. That it worked to any degree.

2. That it was in favour of Trump.

3. That it was a product of collusion between Trump and Putin.

The only hard evidence thus far that Russian state officials tried to meddle in the election was Zuckerberg testifying in court that $300k worth of Facebook ads were purchased by Russia.

Independent sources (I believe people from 4chan and stuff) did their own investigation and found that these ads were nearly all pro-Hillary.

So here's what I believe happened.  You can tell me I'm out to lunch.

Putin thought Clinton would win (who didn't) so as a pre-emptive gesture of good will, he orders $300k of ads to support Clinton, just so after Clinton wins, he can give Clinton the ol "that was a little gift from me to get our relationship started on the right foot".  After all, she let him conquer Crimea and stock up on uranium.  They have a good working relationship from a past administration.

On July 18, 2018 at 6:05 PM, The_People1 said:

So prior to my reply yesterday, I had not known Trump retracted his statement saying he meant to say "wouldn't".  

Now the MSM is not saying Trump undermines his intelligence community per se but rather that he is not a sincere apologizer...geez, can't win.  Personally, I wouldn't trust Putin nor Trump's intel agency.  He shouldn't trust neither either.

What I wonder is, what would the MSM say if Trump let Putin conquer parts of Ukraine and sat idle by watching and doing nothing about it.  I wonder what the MSM would say if Trump was involved in selling 1/6th of the world's uranium supply to Russia.

"Would" or "wouldn't"... The biggest news in the USA today.  Or so the MSM wants it to be.  Turn off cable.  Unplug the propoganda.  It's good if US and Russia have a good working relationship together.

Perhaps I am wrong, but after watching the video, I got the sense that Trump just didn't know how to respond with Putin being right there. I mean, experienced, savvy politicians can answer tough questions. Clinton knew how to easily answer the question about what kind of underwear he prefers, Harper knew what type of vegetable he would be if he were one, you know, the important questions the media poses. :rolleyes: Trump doesn't seem to have that ability. So, with Putin standing right beside him after what I suspect was a warm meeting, he didn't respond articulately at all. It was a Bush moment if you will. 

The problem is that it adds to the MSM narrative that he is in bed with Putin for some reason. 

On July 19, 2018 at 4:55 PM, The_People1 said:

I want to respond to this specifically because the logic behind it is so flawed.  I'm guessing, the conclusion you are trying to draw is that Trump colluded with Russia.  Right?  

Firstly, while it's not illegal for a candidate to collude with any national whether it's the UK, Canada, China, Iran, Israel, etc, the optics look bad.  I get it.  But it's not illegal.

Secondly, just because Russian agents were found guilty of meddling in the elections, it doesn't necessarily mean any of the following;

1. That it worked to any degree.

2. That it was in favour of Trump.

3. That it was a product of collusion between Trump and Putin.

The only hard evidence thus far that Russian state officials tried to meddle in the election was Zuckerberg testifying in court that $300k worth of Facebook ads were purchased by Russia.

Independent sources (I believe people from 4chan and stuff) did their own investigation and found that these ads were nearly all pro-Hillary.

So here's what I believe happened.  You can tell me I'm out to lunch.

Putin thought Clinton would win (who didn't) so as a pre-emptive gesture of good will, he orders $300k of ads to support Clinton, just so after Clinton wins, he can give Clinton the ol "that was a little gift from me to get our relationship started on the right foot".  After all, she let him conquer Crimea and stock up on uranium.  They have a good working relationship from a past administration.

I suspect that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia. I have no idea as to Trump's/Putin's specific involvement. It would be nice if Trump opened up his income tax to refute such allegations. I think many nations interfere in elections. It would not surprise me at all if the Democrats did the same thing. In fact, not enough has been made of the fact that Sanders was seriously flocked over by high-level Clinton supporters before she was the nominee. I believe only three people or so were ever held to account for that meddling. I also believe that election meddling is impossible to monitor let alone control. Concern and suspicion arises when meddling attempts are made, and the US President comes across as chummy with the very person who is alleged of meddling. That is why so many Republicans were astonished by Trump's recent statements with Putin.

The Trump administration sure reminds me of the Nixon administration. Both endured a seriously polarized America, both faced economic contraction while civil rights were paramount, both Presidents had serious egos, and both were bold-faced liars. There is no doubt that Nixon destroyed the Paris peace talks in order to win the 1969 election. Thousands of people died in horrible circumstances for Nixon to win that election, and it is all on tape. There is no refuting it. He also ordered a break-in etc. After Nixon and Reagan, nothing that politicians do could surprise me...I think.

1 hour ago, Cowtownguy said:

I suspect that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia. I have no idea as to Trump's/Putin's specific involvement. It would be nice if Trump opened up his income tax to refute such allegations. I think many nations interfere in elections.

Again, collusion is not against the rules.  It's just bad optics, that's all.

Let's look a bit deeper too,

Obama allegedly did not collude with Russia and Russia;

1. Expanded their borders into Crimea.

2. Secured more uranium.

3. USA funded ISIS to defeat Syria/Russia.

Trump allegedly DID collude with Russia and Russia;

1. Has helped render ISIS into a non-front-page story. (Which, my thoughts are he told Israel he will move the US embassy to Jerusalem if Israel gives up their desires to build a pipeline through Syria).  Thus ending the Syrian conflict.

2. Somehow got Kim Jung Un, a Soviet-era supported regime, to give up nucleur aspirations.

Dude if Trump colluded with Russia, we have yet to see how that is even a bad thing so far.  Care to show me otherwise?  I will take collusion for $2,000 please, thanks Alex.

9 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

Concern and suspicion arises when meddling attempts are made, and the US President comes across as chummy with the very person who is alleged of meddling. That is why so many Republicans were astonished by Trump's recent statements with Putin.

Meddling and collusion are different things yet you seem to use the terms interchangeably.

It's a given Russia meddled.  Just not sure in favour of who.  It's also a given that China, meddled.  Trump is going to trade war with China.  The UK meddled.  For sure they did.  Trump was so chummy with the Queen.  Why?  Collusion?

11 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Meddling and collusion are different things yet you seem to use the terms interchangeably.

It's a given Russia meddled.  Just not sure in favour of who.  It's also a given that China, meddled.  Trump is going to trade war with China.  The UK meddled.  For sure they did.  Trump was so chummy with the Queen.  Why?  Collusion?

I really doubt this will work. 95% of all the stuff made for the US is made in China now. The remaining 5% is from places like Bangladesh, Mexico and India before US made.

I remember seeing a show on one of the major networks where they stripped down a normal household and took out everything. 95% of the stuff was made in China. Emptied out everything.. Toilets bathtubs, all appliances and fixtures, and tried to replace with American made stuff. They couldn't do it. Americans didn't make all the stuff to fill up the house again and the cost was way higher. 

Americans love their country but when it comes to spending money they will cheap out before buying much higher priced US made stuff. One only has to look at Walmart to see this effect.

The time for a trade war with China was 30-50 years ago. 

Then there is this problem at home in the US.

Barron’s: The Great Labor Crunch By Avi Salzman, March 9, 2018
"Across the nation, in industries as varied as trucking, construction, retailing, fast food, oil drilling, technology, and manufacturing, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to find good help. And with the economy in its ninth year of growth and another baby boomer retiring every nine seconds, the labor crunch is about to get much worse."

Where are the workers going to come from if all the jobs come back from China ? We can't fill the openings that exist today.

10 hours ago, DirtyDeeds said:

I really doubt this will work. 95% of all the stuff made for the US is made in China now. The remaining 5% is from places like Bangladesh, Mexico and India before US made.

I remember seeing a show on one of the major networks where they stripped down a normal household and took out everything. 95% of the stuff was made in China. Emptied out everything.. Toilets bathtubs, all appliances and fixtures, and tried to replace with American made stuff. They couldn't do it. Americans didn't make all the stuff to fill up the house again and the cost was way higher. 

Americans love their country but when it comes to spending money they will cheap out before buying much higher priced US made stuff. One only has to look at Walmart to see this effect.

The time for a trade war with China was 30-50 years ago. 

Then there is this problem at home in the US.

Work?  Depends on the end goal right?

China is starting to have it's own problems.  Basically, stuff they make at home is too expensive for it's own people.  They now need to get even cheaper labour from East Africa to manufacture goods.

Tariffs will hurt China a lot.  If America can raise the tariffs enough to encourage even 5% of manufacturing to come back to America, then maybe that's a win already.  There are alternatives like made in India, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc. Still readily availabile high IQ workers for cheap in these places.

I'm interested to know what happens to Amazon during a US/China trade war.  Will it hurt their business enough that Americans buy local again?

My cousin in LA bought something with Amazon Prime instead of going to Walmart.  Stuff delivered to his front door in 1.5 hours.  Incredible.  Might have taken him longer to get dressed and drive down to Walmart and back.

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

Work?  Depends on the end goal right?

China is starting to have it's own problems.  Basically, stuff they make at home is too expensive for it's own people.  They now need to get even cheaper labour from East Africa to manufacture goods.

Tariffs will hurt China a lot.  If America can raise the tariffs enough to encourage even 5% of manufacturing to come back to America, then maybe that's a win already.  There are alternatives like made in India, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc. Still readily availabile high IQ workers for cheap in these places.

I'm interested to know what happens to Amazon during a US/China trade war.  Will it hurt their business enough that Americans buy local again?

My cousin in LA bought something with Amazon Prime instead of going to Walmart.  Stuff delivered to his front door in 1.5 hours.  Incredible.  Might have taken him longer to get dressed and drive down to Walmart and back.

Well China is doing what any country that is encountering tariffs from its main customer. Spreading out and making deals with other countries who are feeling the heat from US.

An example is Indonesia. US has put tariffs on them too and suddenly the main rubber supplier in the world is selling the bulk of its rubber to China instead of US. I am sure that the US manufacturers who need rubber in their product are going to love Trumps tariffs now.

18 minutes ago, DirtyDeeds said:

Well China is doing what any country that is encountering tariffs from its main customer. Spreading out and making deals with other countries who are feeling the heat from US.

An example is Indonesia. US has put tariffs on them too and suddenly the main rubber supplier in the world is selling the bulk of its rubber to China instead of US. I am sure that the US manufacturers who need rubber in their product are going to love Trumps tariffs now.

Oh definitely the end consumers get hurt.  The cost will get passed down to us.  

No rubber or hyper expensive rubber.  Either change building materials or pay the price.  The gamble is that rubber gets expensive enough that manufacturing in the US begin making it again.  Thus, jobs come back.

CBC is reporting that there is something known as Trump Anxiety Disorder (TAD). Basically, therapists are saying that patients are reporting more anxiety because of Trump's volatile nature. They are likening it to when baby boomers fretted over nuclear war. I don't even know how to respond to this except to say that crap like this puts psychology into disrepute.

We seriously need to focus on developing a more solid centre. This "winner takes all" stuff really sucks. Combine that with media that does a sloppy job at best, and I see why we have so many problems. It would be nice to read a news item without so many grammatical errors that I feel like I am editing FFS.

7 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

CBC is reporting that there is something known as Trump Anxiety Disorder (TAD). Basically, therapists are saying that patients are reporting more anxiety because of Trump's volatile nature. They are likening it to when baby boomers fretted over nuclear war. I don't even know how to respond to this except to say that crap like this puts psychology into disrepute.

We seriously need to focus on developing a more solid centre. This "winner takes all" stuff really sucks. Combine that with media that does a sloppy job at best, and I see why we have so many problems. It would be nice to read a news item without so many grammatical errors that I feel like I am editing FFS.

The cure to TAD is turn off Mainstream media.  MSM is all paid shills.  Actors.  The best liars get their own TV shows.  Even Fox who are pro-Republican, shill a Left vs Right dicotomy when it doesn't exist beyond the surface.

TAD is exactly what MSM produces so that in the next election, MSM can sell you the cure.  They can sell you "their candidate" whoever it may be.  Hillary?  Biden? 

But it's worse than that.  There isn't a Left and Right.  Because outsiders are not allowed to run for President. Only insiders are allowed.

On 7/21/2018 at 0:16 PM, Cowtownguy said:

The problem is that it adds to the MSM narrative that he is in bed with Putin for some reason. 

I can probably post all Jimmy Dore videos here.  He's arguably the most woke Liberal on the internet right now.

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

The video demonstrates just how awkward it is to address racism in society today. I had an acquaintance from the Middle East who argued that there is no such thing as racism in North America. Perhaps by his standards and experiences, that is true. Racism is a much more nuanced phenomenon. The author suggests that even those who are concerned about racism at some level make stereotypes about African-Americans. Another friend of mine who was out used to get really angry about people who "love gays" and then expect them to basically act hyperfeminine.

I don't think that racism is a left or a right phenomenon. Of course, there are those nutbars out there (neo-Nazis, Aryan Nations etc.). I think that we are past that for the most part. Racism is often silent and subtle. 

Love the part in the video where he mocks the "look" people have when they deal with him.

Why did he make the video in his parked car?

There should be a law against hands on hearts. There should also be a policy against using the term "woke" on this forum Peeps! WTF!?

Manafort is enjoying his first day in court. I find it difficult to believe that Trump will allow him to face the consequences of his behaviour should he be found guilty. 

2 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

Manafort is enjoying his first day in court. I find it difficult to believe that Trump will allow him to face the consequences of his behaviour should he be found guilty. 

He will pardon Manafort in the final week of his Presidency... So Manafort will have to sit in a cell for at least 6 years.

3 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

The video demonstrates just how awkward it is to address racism in society today. I had an acquaintance from the Middle East who argued that there is no such thing as racism in North America. Perhaps by his standards and experiences, that is true. Racism is a much more nuanced phenomenon. The author suggests that even those who are concerned about racism at some level make stereotypes about African-Americans. Another friend of mine who was out used to get really angry about people who "love gays" and then expect them to basically act hyperfeminine.

I don't think that racism is a left or a right phenomenon. Of course, there are those nutbars out there (neo-Nazis, Aryan Nations etc.). I think that we are past that for the most part. Racism is often silent and subtle. 

Love the part in the video where he mocks the "look" people have when they deal with him.

Why did he make the video in his parked car?

Is his car even parked?  Or stuck in traffic?  Lol I don't know why and he's not the first.  There are videos of guys literally driving around while recording, hands free of course but still.

The part that really hit home to me was the "Pat on the head" idea and that's so true.  Democrats love to be all like they the savior.  Don't worry.  We got your back. 

And that's his whole point.  No one needs to hold black people's hands.  They got this.  They just like everybody else.  Sure there are racists like he said but it's largely a non factor.  If blacks fail then its on the individual alone.

3 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

There should be a law against hands on hearts. There should also be a policy against using the term "woke" on this forum Peeps! WTF!?

Lol it's generally a term used for waking up from the matrix.  Realizing one group controls two parties.  Picks two candidates for you.  Then makes you believe you had freedom by voting for one of the two.

Jimmy Dore used to be on TYT until he realized TYT was pushing MSM narratives.  Now he's not welcome there anymore so he started his own show.  And I think it's a matter of time before he gets even bigger than TYT.

I would think he has a lot of ideals aligned with you.  Very classical liberal.  Old school Democrat, not the neo-Democrats who go to bed with wall street and big oil companies.  He's Progressive.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0