The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone going?

Tourney starts tomorrow with London vs Red Deer, good chance for those who haven't seen much of London.

All games will be carried on Sportsnet in all regions.

I'll be shocked if London doesn't tear through this like hot butter.

I'll watch on tv. Just left Calgary.

When the U18 started, I was 2-3 hrs N of Grand Forks, without a passport.

For retribution for both of these things, I'm going to try for 2016 draft tix come June 1st.

I'm familiar with Buffalo.

Man oh man, just the intro makes me think Red Deer's about to get killed. London's first line is ridiculous, they're 2nd is Jones-Pu-Piccinich/Berisha.

The bottom 6 does't fall off much.

*little known D prospect: Chris Martenet London #86 - think Kanzig, with better hockey upbringng at being a giant dman.

2015 4th rd Dallas pick.

That's Dvorak alright. Put you to sleep, bang, thanks. Put you to sleep like the last one was an accident, bang, thanks.

I'm a big fan. Not of the Knights though, be it Horvat, Domi, Marner or Tkachuk.

Have to admit, Dvorak is quiet and incisive, what's not to like about that?

I hate the Knights, but I love that type of player.

6-1 after two.

It's like, hey thanks for a tough scrimmage. :lol:

If you haven't seen much of the Knights, yeah, they're like this every year.

It's annoying.

Sometimes the idea of having the "host" in there backfires and this is one of them. Rebels don't belong in this tournament IMO they are a big step down.

I do expect the Knights to win this but I do think Brandon will make it tough on them. They won't school everyone but this Knights teams might be the best junior team we've seen in a decade.

Sometimes the idea of having the "host" in there backfires and this is one of them. Rebels don't belong in this tournament IMO they are a big step down.

I do expect the Knights to win this but I do think Brandon will make it tough on them. They won't school everyone but this Knights teams might be the best junior team we've seen in a decade.

Really not fair for the hosts to open against such a team either.

Hunter's vs Sutter's keeps it where it is now. ish!

Mitch Marner is head and shoulders above the rest.  Makes me wonder if Tkachuk really merits being ranked so high in the draft.  (Tkachuk played well though.  He had at least 8 shots on net and works really hard in the corners.  And, he drew the penality that resulted in the Knghts' first goal)

Dvorak is a ninja.

Geez, I was really expecting Brandon to impose their will on RN. The game started that way but RN got going and this is another blowout.

Nice piece the Sharks have with Timo Meier. Should fit their play like a glove.

Quenneville's goal was awesome.  I love it when a hockey play makes me laugh out loud.  Provorov made a brilliant pass too.

Major wood on the shot too. Lol.

Brandon's first goal was more like what I expected all game long!

Is it possible that Tkachuk is injured? He's coasting and skating kind of gingerly. (He's got two points though)

He is. Had to leave briefly on one of the last OHL playoff games. He came back but I've read several people that think he is playing through it. Not 100%.

Although I think he's looked great from what I've seen tonight. He's been all over the ice and making plays at both ends.

He is. Had to leave briefly on one of the last OHL playoff games. He came back but I've read several people that think he is playing through it. Not 100%.

Although I think he's looked great from what I've seen tonight. He's been all over the ice and making plays at both ends.

That must be karma.  Flames draft a player not able to do their best at the combine.  Sounds about right.  Hello, Mr. Tkachuk. 

He looked a bit better in the second.  It kinda looks like he might be allergic to the defensive zone though.  Seems to like floating around the neutral zone.

Tonight is at least my seventh viewing of the Knights this season.  If I'd never seen them before, Tkachuk would not be on my radar at all.  He's the last man back on D, and the last forward to cross the offensive blue line.  He's looked a LOT better than he's shown in this tournament.

He looked a bit better in the second. It kinda looks like he might be allergic to the defensive zone though. Seems to like floating around the neutral zone.

Tonight is at least my seventh viewing of the Knights this season. If I'd never seen them before, Tkachuk would not be on my radar at all. He's the last man back on D, and the last forward to cross the offensive blue line. He's looked a LOT better than he's shown in this tournament.

Agree for sure. I thought he still looked good, mind you I only saw the first half, but I've seen much more out of him. I do believe he is hurt because he is a step slower.

Either way there is nothing he can do for me at this tournament that would make me change my mind. He is legit IMO.

They still have work to do but I think the conversation needs to start around where the Knights rank in terms of all time CHL teams. This is as good a junior hockey teams as I've seen in at least 10 years just an absurd collection of talent.

I don't think I've ever seen a team with so many potential NHLers.  The top line is a slam dunk.  Max Jones and Olli Juolevi are probable.  Cliff Pu and Tyler Parsons are maybes.

The Knights team that had Patrick Kane and Sam Gagner was lights out, but I don't think they graduated many players other than those two.  Rob Shremp might've been on that team, but he didn't really pan out.

I don't think I've ever seen a team with so many potential NHLers.  The top line is a slam dunk.  Max Jones and Olli Juolevi are probable.  Cliff Pu and Tyler Parsons are maybes.

The Knights team that had Patrick Kane and Sam Gagner was lights out, but I don't think they graduated many players other than those two.  Rob Shremp might've been on that team, but he didn't really pan out.

The Knights top 6 is basically filled with First round picks. Marner was, Dvorak would have been had he been healthy, Tkachuak and Jones will be and Cliff Pu is rising in the rankings and Hockey News had him in the first round. I can't think if a club that had that many potential first round picks on their entire team let alone their top 6. Its not out of the question the Knights could have 6 first round picks on their roster.  That's insane..

I think the 2005 Knights team is still "statistically" the best Junior team the CHL has every seen. They only lost 7 games all season. That team had Corey Perry, Shremp, Dave Bolland, Marc Methodt, and Brandon Prust. Gagner/Kane came a few years later but surprisingly that team didn't even win the OHL. 

I've been noticing how slow Tkachuk has been too. It's been about 2 weeks since the ankle injury, must be fairly serious (more than a sprain).

What do you guys think of Juolevi?

Potential preview of the Final tonight.

Even getting past London's top 6 they still have solid lines in the bottom 6. MacDonald's a little pitbull, Piccinich and Yakimowicz are good players. The D is solid and you constantly have to deal with the 6'7" Martenet and the vet Graves.

If that isn't enough your left with Parsons who plays angry at the world. You even see him mouthing off to his teammates for whistling shots around his ears in warmups, I love that!

No game until 10pm est uuugggh. Another hour of crappy NHL playoffs lol.

Nice penalty on Stralman, dude misses the pass and suddenly a smart check is interference...it gets old.

Put your helmets on!

As an aside, if you have a chance to see a game in London, it's like a rock concert, take advantage.

I believe they are the richest team in the CHL so far as a money-maker goes.

All the more reason to hate them lol...but they get their guys like everyone else has to, no magic trick, just a really good program.

Not many Knights you see get drafted that don't become NHLer's anymore. It's like Shattuck-London.

I'm sure they're going to come up with a "Max Jones" penalty.

"how do we deal with monster aggression, ummm, ummm, I know he didn't do anything, but, but, put him in the box, he scares me".

lol