The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StarkRaving

World Junior Summer Showcase

TSN is going to televise the games from the World Junior Summer Showcase this week starting on Wednesday, August 3rd at 11am MDT.  This should be a good chance to see some of our new prospects.

I expect that Dillon Dube, Matt Tkachuk, Tyler Parsons and Adam Fox will make appearances for Canada and the US.  I'll do some research and see if any Swedish or Finnish Flames prospects will be playing.

Edit:  Found some rosters here -> http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=2111143  Doesn't look like any other Flames prospects have been invited.

Tkachuk is there but is not skating and won't participate in any games last I heard. Not wanting to risk injury.

However Dube, Parsons and Fox all should see time. Look forwrad to being able to watch some of this on TSN too. 

I'm disappointed that Tkachuk won't be playing, although I saw a ton of London Knights games last season.  I think he's a slam-dunk for the US WJHC team if the Flames send him back to junior.

I would think Tuulola is on the Finns' radar for the WJHC.  Kylington would be eligible for the Swedes, but I don't know if there'd be any interest from either side.  I don't think Rasmus Andersson would be eligible age-wise.  Ollas-Mattson might be too old as well.

I'm disappointed that Tkachuk won't be playing, although I saw a ton of London Knights games last season.  I think he's a slam-dunk for the US WJHC team if the Flames send him back to junior.

I would think Tuulola is on the Finns' radar for the WJHC.  Kylington would be eligible for the Swedes, but I don't know if there'd be any interest from either side.  I don't think Rasmus Andersson would be eligible age-wise.  Ollas-Mattson might be too old as well.

You are right Andersson and Ollas-Mattson are both too old. Kylington is technically elgible but was not invited to the summer camp and showcase. Traditionally in Sweden you don't make the team if you are not at the summer camp. 

Tuulola isn't part of Finland's team for this showcase but not sure exacly how Finland operates at this tournament so not sure we can read into that at all. They did bring a very young team, and no Laine, Joelevi or Pljujarvi but that isn't a suprise, so perhaps this is development for them.