The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carty

Stampeders Grey Cup Game

7 minutes ago, Carty said:

Image result for nuclear exploson animated gif

That about sums it up. I had a lot of people over anticipating a great victory that was not to be. We were getting pretty excited when they were at the 2 yard line. I wanted them to go for broke, but conventional wisdom says kick of course. Disappointed is not the right term to use about this Grey Cup. I suppose Ottawa deserves it. Good on Burris. 

I actually agree they should ahve played 3 down football and gone for it and not kicked the FG. I actually thought once they got 1st down inside the 10 that they would play 3 down football and defiently thougth that way once Messam got them to the 2. I get conventional wisdom too and I get that Dickenson would have been considered an idiot if he didn't play for OT but from my view you need to play to win. You have first and goal inside the 10 and 3 plays to win the Grey Cup, are you going to get a better opporutnity than that in OT? Not to mention the Stamps D was garbage all game, why have faith they were going to stop Ottawa?

So dissapointing. I don't mean to take anything away from Ottawa but that first half was just a complete implosion by the Stamps who were jsut simply not prepared to play this football game. No adjustments on D even though they were gettign killed by the same few plays again and again, and they got away from what made them successful on Offense all year and BLM thought he needed to get them back in the game with 1 throw. Ottawa played well dont' get me wrong, but with how poorly the Stamps played the game really should have been over after the first half. Fact they were only down 13 is IMO proof that it had more to do with how poorly Stamps played and less how well Ottawa played. I think Ottawa had a great game plan and Calgary had a really poor one which really set the tone early. 

Best team in the CFL this season with some of the best players.

The failure to go for it at the end of the 4th was the epitome of gutlessness.

Maybe time to become a Rider fan as I was once upon a time.

Stamps Hide-In-A Hole

As for the Flames they could go 0-82 with a team of ex-Oilers / ex-Canucks & I would still be a hardcore fan. 

Go Flames Go