Jump to content
The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

travel_dude

Matthew Phillips

Recommended Posts

Good stuff here from Matthew Phillips on not being named to Team Canada's selection camp. Impressive answers, worth a listen.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This kid has put up too many points not to sign him, not sure what his ultimate upside is, but I want to find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

 

This kid has put up too many points not to sign him, not sure what his ultimate upside is, but I want to find out.

 

I think there was some benefit to signing him before the year ended.  IIRC he gets an additional year for his contract to slide.  At the very least, he's signed before his rights expired June 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phillips and his Royals were knocked out by Valimaki and the Americans. Let's get this guy down to Stockton for the last 2 games and see if he can help make the Heat make the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Phillips and his Royals were knocked out by Valimaki and the Americans. Let's get this guy down to Stockton for the last 2 games and see if he can help make the Heat make the playoffs.

 

Two games left.  The Heat is toast; won't make the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

 

Two games left.  The Heat is toast; won't make the playoffs.

 

Technically it's not over. If Heat win out and Gulls don't get a point in their next 2 games Stockton would make the playoffs. 

 

Improbable maybe, but not impossible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cross16 said:

 

Technically it's not over. If Heat win out and Gulls don't get a point in their next 2 games Stockton would make the playoffs. 

 

They would have the same win%, but what is the tiebreaker?  Wins?  SD would be ahead on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

 

They would have the same win%, but what is the tiebreaker?  Wins?  SD would be ahead on that.

 

Stockton would have the higher % of games won outside s/O wins. 

 

Between two teams:
a) percentage of games won (excluding shootout wins)
B) points in season series between teams
c) goal differential
d) goals scored in season series between teams
e) intra-conference points percentage

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...