Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlbertaBoy12

Super Bowl 51

3 posts in this topic

Did anyone watch the super bowl tonight? As much as I was cheering against the patriots, mostly because I wanted atlanta to win for the first time,I was amazed at the comeback that took place. It was probably one of the most amazing events id ever seen in sports.

1 person likes this

What is a "Super Bowl", please?

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎05 at 9:36 PM, AlbertaBoy12 said:

Did anyone watch this super bowl tonight? As much as I was cheering against the patriots, mostly because I wanted atlanta to win for the first time,I was amazed at the comeback that took place. It was probably one of the most amazing events id ever seen in sports.

Best dam NFL game I ever seen!  The first half I couldn't take my eyes off the beating.  The second half I couldn't take my eyes off the inevitable come back.

1 hour ago, Kulstad said:

What is a "Super Bowl", please?

"Originally, the site of all college post-season football games was at the Rose Bowl Stadium. The Rose Bowl stadium itself was a design based off of the Yale Bowl, which was a common design used by a lot of college football stadiums at the time. An aerial view highlights the bowl characteristic of these stadiums.

Therefore, college postseason games became known as "bowls," even though now they are played at various locations and in stadiums that may not have the bowl shape.

The NFL's Super Bowl was named as a nostalgic reference to these postseason college football games."

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0