Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cowtownguy

Legalizing marijuana

36 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Currently, recreational smoking of grass is illegal.  Has to do with the laws about possession.  There are no such laws about smoking cigs, as the only laws are for smoking in a non-smoking area, or selling cigs to kids.  Ok, I did miss the one about having cigs that didn't have the tax sticker on it.

2nd hand smoke is bad, if you happen to actually inhale it.  Walking by a guy smoking a cigarette outside isn't the same as someone blowing smoke in your face and you have to hold your breath or breathe some of it in.  And it's not the same as being in a car with your kids or your friends and they are forced to breathe it.  When I smoke outside, I do not blow it in the face of others, yet quite a few cough even if you are nowhere close.  Or you get the occasional snide comment and dirty looks.

Eventually, it will be a freedom to be able to smoke according to the same rules as smokers and vapers.  Except when you cross borders.  Or when you get in an accident and your insurance doesn't cover it. Or when you are given a DUI.  I don't bother with it anymore, and have no present desire to use it for medicinal purposes.

18 hours ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Wrong! Even having residual smoke smell on your clothing sets off the anti-smoking crowd while we are forced to go far outside any establishment to partake of what is seen as a vice. Alcohol is only acceptable in limited settings (a drink with a meal or after paying a cover charge in an entertainment setting). There are even apartment management groups that forbid smoking in any of their buildings.

These days those of us that grew up in the days when smoking was acceptable are pariahs anywhere but our homes or those of friends that indulge as many of us still enjoy it.

As far as the alcohol there are many versions of impaired. I'd venture to say that those texting while walking are as much of a danger as someone driving after 1 drink as they step into traffic totally unaware of everything but what's on that little screen.

We can try to keep people from hurting themselves or others but we'd have to outlaw dang near everything.

BTW, in case you think I'm just anti weed I did my share in the day. I even sold it to keep my own costs down. I'll allow others their vice but hope it's taxed to the same degree as my vices (the ever popular "sin tax"). I don't see it as a gateway to stronger drugs any more than I see social drinking as a gateway to alcohol abuse. Heck, gambling has probably ruined more lives.

So, I leave responsibility with the individual. If you do anything (including over-eating) but only hurt yourself it's slow suicide but don't count on my sympathy. If quiting my smoking & drinking adds a few years to my life but makes me miserable (& those around me) it's not worth it IMO. I'd rather live 5 happy years than 10 miserable 1s.

I should ask you guys your feelings on vaping, it applies to both cigs and weed. As smokers are you guys more tradionalists or have you made the jump to an E cig yet? You can argue it does emit fewer pollutants in the air and it can mask the smell that so many ppl complain about. 

4 hours ago, rickross said:

I should ask you guys your feelings on vaping, it applies to both cigs and weed. As smokers are you guys more tradionalists or have you made the jump to an E cig yet? You can argue it does emit fewer pollutants in the air and it can mask the smell that so many ppl complain about. 

Not for it, but that is taste based choice.  I don't like the taste of e-cig tobacco flavor.  I don't get the whole idea of puffing strawberry or chocolate or whatever.  I smoke for the taste mostly.  

19 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Not for it, but that is taste based choice.  I don't like the taste of e-cig tobacco flavor.  I don't get the whole idea of puffing strawberry or chocolate or whatever.  I smoke for the taste mostly.  

I totally feel you dude. Chocolate or cherry nicotine is like zucchini flavoured toothpaste, watermelon smelling underarm deodorant, or lemon coffee. 

1 person likes this

On 2017-04-18 at 11:10 PM, Cowtownguy said:

I totally feel you dude. Chocolate or cherry nicotine is like zucchini flavoured toothpaste, watermelon smelling underarm deodorant, or lemon coffee. 

If I want to taste chocolate or cherry I'll have a candy. I smoke for the tobacco flavor.

I feel the same about flavored beer. I like the taste of lemon & I like the taste of beer but not together. If I want lemon I'll have a lemonade or whiskey sour but if I pull a tab or pop a cap on a beer I expect it to taste like beer.

On 15/04/2017 at 1:18 AM, The_People1 said:

I lived in Vancouver for 3 years 

Instaban!

2 people like this

On 5/12/2017 at 9:19 PM, Flyerfan52 said:

If I want to taste chocolate or cherry I'll have a candy. I smoke for the tobacco flavor.

I feel the same about flavored beer. I like the taste of lemon & I like the taste of beer but not together. If I want lemon I'll have a lemonade or whiskey sour but if I pull a tab or pop a cap on a beer I expect it to taste like beer.

My wife got on the Bud Lime, I was all like wtf? Beer tastes terrible, but I got used to it, like coffee (HELLO Nespresso, you sexy thing. Holy boarding, that's what coffee is? lol). Don't try to solve it now.:D

1 person likes this

I foresee  large brewing companies offering new drinks infused with THC.  A ie.(lemon spritzer) with x% of THC that you buy at the liquor store. I remember in my younger year eating hash brownies and they always seemed to take a while to kick in. Might have to mix it with something to get a kick right away like drinking a beer. Maybe a Red Bull THC combo.

9 hours ago, redfire11 said:

I foresee  large brewing companies offering new drinks infused with THC.  A ie.(lemon spritzer) with x% of THC that you buy at the liquor store. I remember in my younger year eating hash brownies and they always seemed to take a while to kick in. Might have to mix it with something to get a kick right away like drinking a beer. Maybe a Red Bull THC combo.

Now you are talking! I don't care about consuming the product, but I like the business part of it. The possibilities are endless.

Of course, legalizing marijuana could be disastrous for NHL hockey. I envision the 'dome being packed with thousands of people literally having buds before games being all mellow after goals, talking about how Don Cherry needs to chillax, and singing kumbaya during a fist fight.

On May 13, 2017 at 5:17 PM, jjgallow said:

Instaban!

Ha! As long as he hated every minute of it jj, then it's all good. 

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0