• Announcements

• Kulstad

Insults/Name-calling will not be tolerated   11/19/2016

It's great to see the boys earning their way into the playoffs this season (barring a Colorado-would-be-proud collapse).  What a night-and-day difference from way back in November.   With the playoffs, we typically see more traffic/visitors on the site, usually from the opposing team's fanbase (especially from the Oilers).  This is just a reminder that stating your opinion is fine (it's exactly what these forums are for), and friendly, good-natured ribbing is OK, however, name-calling and insults will still be a major no-no and cause for the Banhammer to warm up.  This applies to all new guests and visitors as well: you're more than welcome to join the party, but civility is house rule around here.   All insults/name-calling will be met with a zero-tolerance approach, regardless if you are a new person to the forums, or have been around since these forums began.   First-offenses will be met with a moderator-needs-to-approve-your-post for 3 days Second offenses will be met with a week-long suspension Third offenses will result in a perma-ban   If you have any questions regarding this policy, or would like to voice your concern about it, you are absolutely free to contact me directly.   We all love this team, and this game.  Let's all hop on the Bandwagon, enjoy a few beverages, and ride this wave of excitement as far as we can.   --  Kulstad
Carty

GDT Ducks @ Flames Apr 17 8pm

483 posts in this topic

b015c08d5c66b056b0179f2491cd9887.png     VS   b0ac3075deec9fc8f092517040595821.png

Apr. 17TH 8PM

ad2bc7998fd11f80b727b10ac44f07b4.png 15f0df911aed0335d7c295d312815bb3.png

Home at the Dome

100ef926f6689cfb554d8f468e5a6a03.png

3 people like this

projected_top.jpg

a70cda77dabb8adead63f4a310187f0b.png

602364780d2be47d738af770f8bb6fe9.png                          b4c37b6500403e80af12b7f2c2058e32.png   

GOALTENDERS

ce58f369f18ae13c7181c674e98d2a8a.png

2 people like this

From the Ducks site...   Somehow their point of view is that they are not a hostile team...    :lol:

7b8556aca72d4f03c68ff499f96ce70d.png
1 person likes this

Thumbs up to whoever wrote that headline. That's gold.

I fully expect a Flames win and for them to play their best game of the series. 

Will be at the dome. Fully expect to come back without a voice.

We were in both of the first two games. Were it not for poor discipline and weak reffing, we'd likely have won at least one of them. Let's win 2 at home and make it a best of three!

1 person likes this

Win three in a row, go .500 in the last two games! 😉

Just now, robrob74 said:

Win three in a row, go .500 in the last two games! 😉

I'd be okay with winning the next two, losing the next in ANA, winning our third home game and then taking it in game 7.

Of course, ending the curse earlier would always be preferable.

2 people like this

Time to get the bounces & calls!

The hockey gods will make it so!

Go Flames Go

I really liked GG's post game comments after game 2. Took the heat off his team and primarily Hamilton by shifting the attention to the refs. I think he was also trying to plant some seeds to get the calls to go our way a bit for tonight.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

I really liked GG's post game comments after game 2. Took the heat off his team and primarily Hamilton by shifting the attention to the refs. I think he was also trying to plant some seeds to get the calls to go our way a bit for tonight.

Fully agree. 

Also Burke was just on Tim and Sid doing the same things. Right or wrong I like that they are going to bat for their guys. 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Carty said:

From the Ducks site...   Somehow their point of view is that they are not a hostile team...    :lol:

7b8556aca72d4f03c68ff499f96ce70d.png

Guess you need to define hostile.  Anaheim led the league in fighting majors with 46.  Calgary was tied for fourth at 35.  Both are kind of hostile teams in those terms of team fights. :ph34r:  Team is not near as hostile as 2006-2007, but is still a Carlyle type team.  Before Burke was In Anaheim, Anaheim was pretty docile with respect to fighting.  Burke's truculence is a familiar term in Calgary by now.

By comparison, Carolina was 30th with only 6 team fights....

This is the series! If we win tonight, we have a real chance to turn this around. If not, I think we need to consider it another learning experience. 

I will make one solid prediction for the game tonight. The Sportsnet boys are going to be extra careful with their mics. :P

6 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

This is the series! If we win tonight, we have a real chance to turn this around. If not, I think we need to consider it another learning experience. 

I will make one solid prediction for the game tonight. The Sportsnet boys are going to be extra careful with their mics:P

Did I miss something last game?  I *love* live TV

Sure hope WSH-TOR don't go to OT, as I caught SN saying the game will be televised "in progress" after the Leafs game. Currently 3-3 after 2...

I don't want this to sound like a consolation prize for losing or for it to sound like moral victories, but we are playing (mostly) good hockey and I like what I see for our future if we can continue to make steps forward. 

Only one team can win it every year and all I ask is for a team that can have a great chance at the cup every year. I want to win it, but we see a good step forward. We are close to even with the Ducks and that means the Sharks too. The shift is happening, barring any changes they make in the off season. 

Lets win one at a time and take this series!!!! Shift by shift be the better team...

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Sure hope WSH-TOR don't go to OT, as I caught SN saying the game will be televised "in progress" after the Leafs game. Currently 3-3 after 2...

They need to get their crud together.  CBC is supposed to air the game.  SN-1 is supposed to have the CHI game starting in 35 minutes.  If the Leafs game goes to OT again, they don't have any place to show it, other than 360 which is a bogus "channel".  Most packages don't even have it.  I was forced to watch a stream coming from Anaheim, which was like watching the Getzlaf channel.

Looks like we get Ball/Garrett again, so no foul for the off-mike comments I guess.

Watching the Leafs game now, their feeds have been kinda fuzzy compared to SN, may have to stream regardless.

14 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

They need to get their crud together.  CBC is supposed to air the game.  SN-1 is supposed to have the CHI game starting in 35 minutes.  If the Leafs game goes to OT again, they don't have any place to show it, other than 360 which is a bogus "channel".  Most packages don't even have it.  I was forced to watch a stream coming from Anaheim, which was like watching the Getzlaf channel.

Looks like we get Ball/Garrett again, so no foul for the off-mike comments I guess.

Fan960 discussed this issue this morning. Said it was not Ball. They said it was not anyone from the broadcasters group or circle and from somewhere else. They would not rat him out however saying the only way anyone would know for sure who was doing all the swearing would be if that person apologized in public. Garrett didn't really say anything offensive either.

We were the better team for the first two games, the Sea of Red and cleaning up our penalties/mistakes will tip the scale on our favour.

I feel good about our chances of winning both games in Calgary to tie it up.

GO FLAMES GO!!

1 person likes this

Let's get this thing goin, Bring on them Quacks!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, DirtyDeeds said:

Fan960 discussed this issue this morning. Said it was not Ball. They said it was not anyone from the broadcasters group or circle and from somewhere else. They would not rat him out however saying the only way anyone would know for sure who was doing all the swearing would be if that person apologized in public. Garrett didn't really say anything offensive either.

It was pretty easy to distinguish Garrett, especially the Mr. Flames retort.  His voice is a giveaway.  Ball actually said nothing wrong.

Either way, it doesn't really matter.  I don;t like Garrett.  Personal opinion.  I also don't like Galley or Quinn.  

I am more focused on the Flames bringin' it tonight.  On CBC, I hope.