The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cccsberg

So Where do we go from here? Analysis & Predictions

There has been some reports that the player they are working on signing is.....

Yasin Ehliz

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/38699/yasin-ehliz

Here's a bit of info from FN:

One of the bigger pieces of news from a recent season tickets holder’s event was that the Flames were preparing to announce a European signing. Some reports from Germany indicate that it’s likely to be Nurnberg Ice Tigers player and Olympic silver medalist Yasin Ehliz, a 25 year old left handed winger who can play both sides.

As reported by Bild and Welt, the Flames are, at the very least, heavily interested in Ehliz. It’s translated via Google, but Ehliz appears to have confirmed that the Flames are working on a contract with him.

“I can confirm that they have contacted me and that my advisor and I are currently in talks,” said the newspaper’s 25-year-old striker. “I’ve always said that it would be a dream for me to play in the NHL at some point.”

29 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Yasin Ehliz

One of the bigger pieces of news from a recent season tickets holder’s event was that the Flames were preparing to announce a European signing. Some reports from Germany indicate that it’s likely to be Nurnberg Ice Tigers player and Olympic silver medalist Yasin Ehliz, a 25 year old left handed winger who can play both sides.

As reported by Bild and Welt, the Flames are, at the very least, heavily interested in Ehliz. It’s translated via Google, but Ehliz appears to have confirmed that the Flames are working on a contract with him.

“I can confirm that they have contacted me and that my advisor and I are currently in talks,” said the newspaper’s 25-year-old striker. “I’ve always said that it would be a dream for me to play in the NHL at some point.”

So the Ward/Germany Connection begins !  :) 

Read the rumour a few hours ago, hope for the best. Since I've only watched him playing for the national team, my views and assessment of him are certainly limited.

Yasin is a relentless player, who works really hard in the corners, despite his smaller size. He is a good 2way player and a fast skater, A LH shot who can play both wings.

Might be a bit more of a playmaker than goalscorer, though he can play in basically every situation the coaches put him in. 

I'm probably overrating him a bit, but I don't think he is a worse player then a Tobias Rieder. Maybe not quite as fast, but a bit more creative in the O-zone. So depending on what happens with our current forward personal, I think he could be a bottom 6 guy here if everything works out.

However, as with every player coming from Europe, we don't know how fast/good he'll adapt to the North American style and culture. Maybe he surpises in trainig camp or he'll start in the AHL and gets more comfortable down in Stockton.

Sinced he played the last few seasons for the Nuernberg Ice Tigers, maybe fellow member cfreining, who seems to be located in the area has more detailed infos/opinions on Ehliz.

1 hour ago, manu11 said:

Read the rumour a few hours ago, hope for the best. Since I've only watched him playing for the national team, my views and assessment of him are certainly limited.

Yasin is a relentless player, who works really hard in the corners, despite his smaller size. He is a good 2way player and a fast skater, A LH shot who can play both wings.

Might be a bit more of a playmaker than goalscorer, though he can play in basically every situation the coaches put him in. 

I'm probably overrating him a bit, but I don't think he is a worse player then a Tobias Rieder. Maybe not quite as fast, but a bit more creative in the O-zone. So depending on what happens with our current forward personal, I think he could be a bottom 6 guy here if everything works out.

However, as with every player coming from Europe, we don't know how fast/good he'll adapt to the North American style and culture. Maybe he surpises in trainig camp or he'll start in the AHL and gets more comfortable down in Stockton.

Sinced he played the last few seasons for the Nuernberg Ice Tigers, maybe fellow member cfreining, who seems to be located in the area has more detailed infos/opinions on Ehliz.

Thanks Manu.  CF doesn't come in much except during regular season.

It's likely that if he signed, he would go to Stockton for awhile.  Interesting comparing him to Reider. 

9 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Thanks Manu.  CF doesn't come in much except during regular season.

It's likely that if he signed, he would go to Stockton for awhile.  Interesting comparing him to Reider. 

That had me laughing a bit, in the last few years I've probably been the exact opposite of CF in terms of posting here on the forum. Rare are the times, that I post during the regular season. 

Don't take the Rieder comparison too serious, as I've watched Rieder even less then Ehliz. I just thought that they have similar strengths as in speed and 2way play.

On 6/8/2018 at 11:11 AM, travel_dude said:

Yasin Ehliz

8d7efc4c656ad1194ad2d6d39cd0ad78.png

At the season ticket holder information session Tree mentioned they were looking hard over seas this offseason for potentiometer FA’s.  I suppose that’s one way of recouping potential talent with the lack of top end draft picks.

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎10 at 7:21 AM, CheersMan said:

At the season ticket holder information session Tree mentioned they were looking hard over seas this offseason for potentiometer FA’s.  I suppose that’s one way of recouping potential talent with the lack of top end draft picks.

I think it is great that they have eyes in Europe but especially now with the lack of picks for this draft. You never know.

We have a new Coaching staff which is a huge start over. I think it is good to graduate Huska so there is a knowledgeable coach at the table for call ups and assessments.

BT has some work to do with very limited options so it should be interesting to see what magic he pulls off if any.

1 hour ago, MAC331 said:

I think it is great that they have eyes in Europe but especially now with the lack of picks for this draft. You ever know.

We have a new Coaching staff which is a huge start over. I think it is good to graduate Huska so there is a knowledgeable coach at the table for call ups and assessments.

BT has some work to do with very limited options so it should be interesting to see what magic he pulls off if any.

I like the idea of Hamonic. But I’d prefer my picks. I’d have tried it out with what we already had. 

Giordano, Hamilton 

Brodie, Stone

Kulak, Andersson 

Wotherspoon

i would’ve taken the lumps that that D lineup would’ve given and waited for the future to arrive.

35 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I like the idea of Hamonic. But I’d prefer my picks. I’d have tried it out with what we already had. 

Giordano, Hamilton 

Brodie, Stone

Kulak, Andersson 

Wotherspoon

i would’ve taken the lumps that that D lineup would’ve given and waited for the future to arrive.

I think BT had his heart set on obtaining Hamonic and I'm not upset we have him.

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

Giordano, Hamilton 

Brodie, Stone

Kulak, Andersson 

Wotherspoon

Maybe that's how it would have ended up as, but BT wasn;t ready to give Andersson or Spoon the job.  As well, it was Bart over any of the prospects.  It would have been someone else if not Hamonic.  Perhaps it would have cost more in roster players/prospects than just a 1st and 2nds.  

You've probably watched Stone enough to realize he's a huge downgrade from Hamonic.  He's even a lesser player than Andersson.  I can only imagine how bad this team would have been with Stone playing in the top 4 and Bart playing every game.   Well, I guess we could have been in line for Dahlin.  

49 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

I think BT had his heart set on obtaining Hamonic and I'm not upset we have him.

Maybe it is what is tearing at me about it is, I was all for him aw well, before. But we didn’t get him, the ship sailed and we ended up with him after. I think he’s going to do well this year though.

12 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Maybe that's how it would have ended up as, but BT wasn;t ready to give Andersson or Spoon the job.  As well, it was Bart over any of the prospects.  It would have been someone else if not Hamonic.  Perhaps it would have cost more in roster players/prospects than just a 1st and 2nds.  

You've probably watched Stone enough to realize he's a huge downgrade from Hamonic.  He's even a lesser player than Andersson.  I can only imagine how bad this team would have been with Stone playing in the top 4 and Bart playing every game.   Well, I guess we could have been in line for Dahlin.  

That at last part is true about Hamonic and Stone. The thing I question though is, that e tend to leave out D stranded to fend for themselves so I couldn’t tell if it’s the actual Dman or just our team D. The team makes even a mobile defender look bad at times with the chances on turnovers we give the other team.

Just now, robrob74 said:

Maybe it is what is tearing at me about it is, I was all for him aw well, before. But we didn’t get him, the ship sailed and we ended up with him after. I think he’s going to do well this year though.

I think the biggest thing is having 2 dmen in Gio and Hamonic that actually understand the "protect your goalie aspect". They would be an excellent shut down pair together but would leave everything else kinda hobbled.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

I think the biggest thing is having 2 dmen in Gio and Hamonic that actually understand the "protect your goalie aspect". They would be an excellent shut down pair together but would leave everything else kinda hobbled.

What about trading Hamilton for a more shut down top4 Dman and get a forward to go with it?? I wouldn’t know who. I think Gio has the offensive instinct and we’d still have Brodie.

Gio, Hamonic 

Brodie, the Top4D in said trade

Kulak, Stone or Andersson

Wotherspoon

Hamilton Ferland - Chychrun Fischer 2nd

Stone to Tdot for Sharks 2nd or 3rd

Gio-Brodie

Chychrun-Hamonic

Kulak-Anderrson

Crushed it,lol. Not really, that's bold for ARI to agree.

4 hours ago, conundrumed said:

The Jets had that in Trouba/Morrissey. Don't expect a lot of scoring from that pair but it helped in being 2nd best in the GF/GA category +59)  after being 20th the year before (-7).

The Jets did score more goals but prevented even more. That security gave the others more confidence taking chances up front as they had a nice safety net.

5 minutes ago, Flyerfan52 said:

The Jets had that in Trouba/Morrissey. Don't expect a lot of scoring from that pair but it helped in being 2nd best in the GF/GA category +59)  after being 20th the year before (-7).

The Jets did score more goals but prevented even more. That security gave the others more confidence taking chances up from as they had a nice safety net.

Is that the long way around thinking I'm probably right?:):ph34r:

13 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Is that the long way around thinking I'm probably right?:):ph34r:

I believe what everyone is saying is that outside of two players Giordano and Hamonic our defense is weak. I still wouldn't put those two together. Hamilton's defense IMO has gotten better but he will never be the tough guy. Brodie other than the odd good stick check here and there has never been able to handle the opposition in our end. Stone as hard as he tries was beaten way to much and Kulak was learning on the job (did good but also made his mistakes). Personally Brodie and Stone are the ones BT should be trading.

I'm wondering now how fans will react if Our 1st next season goes into play to acquire the winger we need .

- some higher end names we would likely realistically want to target (Hoffman for example) will likely take a D-man , yes (like TJ)  but I don't see how it gets done without that 1st rounder as well.

For the right name I'd be ok with it ,if its lottery protected this time, but I can see the Villagers  coming out in force with pitchforks and torches if it happened

14 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

I'm wondering now how fans will react if Our 1st next season goes into play to acquire the winger we need .

- some higher end names we would likely realistically want to target (Hoffman for example) will likely take a D-man , yes (like TJ)  but I don't see how it gets done without that 1st rounder as well.

For the right name I'd be ok with it ,if its lottery protected this time, but I can see the Villagers  coming out in force with pitchforks and torches if it happened

The player that isn't getting any attention and should IMO is Panarin RW/LW with CBJs. This is his last contract season coming up and if we could negotiate an extension within a deal BT should be in on him.

4 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

The player that isn't getting any attention and should IMO is Panarin RW/LW with CBJs. This is his last contract season coming up and if we could negotiate an extension within a deal BT should be in on him.

i think he's a player CBJ put the pen to , they'd be silly to let him walk .He already makes 6, so the raise shouldn't be huge .. but for sure, if he comes available we should be all over it. Again tho, if it did ?  I don't see it getting done without a 1st 

31 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

i think he's a player CBJ put the pen to , they'd be silly to let him walk .He already makes 6, so the raise shouldn't be huge .. but for sure, if he comes available we should be all over it. Again tho, if it did ?  I don't see it getting done without a 1st 

What did CBJ give up to CHI for him ? They should but maybe he doesn't want to stay there. Torts isn't everyone's kind of coach. He would love Ferland LOL and Brodie which may be enough to get it done. We would still want a new contract worked out with him.

1 minute ago, MAC331 said:

What did CBJ give up to CHI for him ? They should but maybe he doesn't want to stay there. Torts isn't everyone's kind of coach. He would love Ferland LOL and Brodie which may be enough to get it done. We would still want a new contract worked out with him.

the deal was  Artemi Panarin, forward Tyler Motte and a sixth-round pick in the 2017 NHL Draft to the Columbus Blue Jackets for  Brandon Saad, goalie Anton Forsberg and a fifth-round pick in 2018. but his stock went up huge last season .  I'm sure he could be resigned at a slight raise but with full term 

13 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

the deal was  Artemi Panarin, forward Tyler Motte and a sixth-round pick in the 2017 NHL Draft to the Columbus Blue Jackets for  Brandon Saad, goalie Anton Forsberg and a fifth-round pick in 2018. but his stock went up huge last season .  I'm sure he could be resigned at a slight raise but with full term 

Why does everyone think pending UFAs will sign where they are ? There is a lot of available money and situations out there for these guys. Like I said maybe he doesn't even like it in Columbus. If I were BT he would be on my radar is all I'm saying because he would be a perfect fit on RW for us.