The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rocketdoctor

IIHF World Champs 2017

45 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

No Hartley here either.  I wonder if he has as much to offer as a player like Bouma?  Built like a tank.

He's certainly a guy you put on the 4th line. I doubt if he is a useful PKer, but he has been good on the Powerplay everywhere he's played creating havoc in front of the net and also making some nice passes from the goalline. Where he would be better then Bouma is his aggressiveness and physical play. He will also drop the gloves whenever it's needed, just look at his numbers! And I'm pretty confident that he can at least put up the points that Bouma has in the past 2 seasons.

Probably with Wolf is the untimely penalties. He never seems to be able to reel that in. That's a killer for a 4th liner.

And that being said everything I've heard about it says that he rejected the Flames offer and wanted to go back home to play. Highly unlikely he wants to come back.

I'm proud of the guys, tried their best even though they didn't play as good as they can. Unfortunately at 5on5, they didn't find a key for that canadian fortress. Team Canada played really well in their own zone. Grubauer was fantastic!

I'm looking forward to Saturday when Canada faces Russia, what should be a very entertaining game.

6 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Probably with Wolf is the untimely penalties. He never seems to be able to reel that in. That's a killer for a 4th liner.

And that being said everything I've heard about it says that he rejected the Flames offer and wanted to go back home to play. Highly unlikely he wants to come back.

What I heard back then, was that Wolf wanted a one way deal! He knew about surplus of forwards and that there was no guarantee that he would be on the big club, so he wanted at least have some money safety if he ended up playing in the AHL again.

So we face Sweden for gold.

It's @ a more reasonable time too. I prefer a beer & munchies watching hockey rather than watching after barely finishing breakfast. (I know our Euro compadres do that most Flames games but the few times I have to it feels wierd)

1 hour ago, Flyerfan52 said:

So we face Sweden for gold.

It's @ a more reasonable time too. I prefer a beer & munchies watching hockey rather than watching after barely finishing breakfast. (I know our Euro compadres do that most Flames games but the few times I have to it feels wierd)

afternoon games makes a nice change :)

Here are the highlights from today's game in case anyone missed the early game this morning and wanted to check it out...

Scheifele started us off, Couts seals it with the EN. Konecny with an assist.

1 goal & 1 assist Flyers. 1 goal Jets.

On May 20, 2017 at 9:41 AM, rocketdoctor said:

Why did we not got this O'Reilly feller :P  Been a beast in the 3rd

We should have offer-sheeted him...legitimately if possible. What a face-off percentage.

3 minutes ago, rocketdoctor said:

Not a good way to end a tournament.   Great gold medal game.  Congrats Sweden

Great game.

I just wish it had been decided by 1 team scoring a hockey goal.

Shades of '94 as it was even the same teams that ended the hockey game tied.

10 minutes ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Great game.

I just wish it had been decided by 1 team scoring a hockey goal.

Shades of '94 as it was even the same teams that ended the hockey game tied.

Agreed, although I always figure that as long as the rules are applied consistently, it is all fair. In the end, we fans were given an unreal game to watch. I was very impressed by O'Reilly and Pickard. 

Being of German background, I get the whole nice music stuff. But man, I cannot stand techno-pop.