The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyDeeds

WJC-U20 2017-18

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Deeds, isn't this year WJC 2018?  The reason why I ask is that it looks like last year's lists.

I just took them off that website. I was under the impression we were on the 2017 WJ's because they are in December of this year.

The website did not list anything for 2018 so I assumed it was for this coming. Did not look at the lists themselves.

I'll make corrections then.

2 hours ago, DirtyDeeds said:

I just took them off that website. I was under the impression we were on the 2017 WJ's because they are in December of this year.

The website did not list anything for 2018 so I assumed it was for this coming. Did not look at the lists themselves.

I'll make corrections then.

No worries.  I was curious because I knew Tuulola was on the Finnish roster camp.

Mahura has been great in these two pre tournament games, I don't know how you send him back when Fabbro and Timmins come back. 

13 hours ago, JTech780 said:

Mahura has been great in these two pre tournament games, I don't know how you send him back when Fabbro and Timmins come back. 

Coach isn't going t hold a spot for Fabbro if he isn't ready to go.  He said he wants to have guys ready, not maybees

There are 5 Flames on the 2018 Rosters, 4 Flyers & 3 Jets. I'm gonna love this tourney.

As usual I'm hoping for:
Canada - Gold

USA - Silver

Finland - Bronze

Russia - regulated (aka the coal medal) :lol:

4 hours ago, Flyerfan52 said:

There are 5 Flames on the 2018 Rosters, 4 Flyers & 3 Jets. I'm gonna love this tourney.

As usual I'm hoping for:
Canada - Gold

USA - Silver

Finland - Bronze

You may have neglected Slovakia, with Adam Ruzicka.  He will probably play a top role on that team.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

You may have neglected Slovakia, with Adam Ruzicka.  He will probably play a top role on that team.

I mentioned him in the Dube thread. :)

Merry Christmas.

On December 24, 2017 at 1:33 PM, Flyerfan52 said:

As usual I'm hoping for:
Canada - Gold

USA - Silver

Finland - Bronze

I believe we have Dube, Valimaki, Tuulola, Lindstrom, Ruzicka, and Fox on the 2018 rosters. We have 6 players while the Flyers and the Jets have 7 players combined. :P Today will be interesting because two Flames draft picks will be competing as captains of their respective teams. I cannot remember that ever happening before. It is a little volatile, but I quite enjoy international hockey.

3 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

I believe we have Dube, Valimaki, Tuulola, Lindstrom, Ruzicka, and Fox on the 2018 rosters. We have 6 players while the Flyers and the Jets have 7 players combined. :P Today will be interesting because two Flames draft picks will be competing as captains of their respective teams. I cannot remember that ever happening before. It is a little volatile, but I quite enjoy international hockey.

I forgot Lindstrom. :o

Watching Czech dismantle Russia right now. :lol:

Really looking forward to TC & Finns. Dube & Hart (Flyers) for TC vs Valimaki & Vesalainen (Jets). Go Canada!

This might be the fastest Team Canada I have seen. There isn't any superstars on this team, but with that outstanding team speed they are going to be tough to deal with.

I like the Finnish goalies pads. They look old school even if they aren't really.

TC drew a tough start with the Finns, Find out right away what our guys are made of.

That was a fine start.  Lets hope the team stays grounded, except for the offensive rushes, they can continue to fly on those.  

On December 26, 2017 at 2:53 PM, JTech780 said:

This might be the fastest Team Canada I have seen. There isn't any superstars on this team, but with that outstanding team speed they are going to be tough to deal with.

I am impressed with their speed too. 

Watching this Slovakia-USA game. It is really exciting given Slovakia is up 3-2. UPSET in the making!

2 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

I am impressed with their speed too. 

Watching this Slovakia-USA game. It is really exciting given Slovakia is up 3-2. UPSET in the making!

I just turned this game on with 5 mins in the 3rd, Mittlestadt scored a beauty to tie it up and then Samuel Bucek scored and even nicer goal to put the Slovaks up 3-2.