The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirtyDeeds

WJC-U20 2017-18

26 minutes ago, xstrike said:

Congrats Canada!

I'm happy USA medalled.
Some sneer @ Bronze but it means they cared enough to will their last game.

Congrats USA!

I liked the speed of Canada in this tournament, but the Swedes did a great job of disrupting our play. I am quite impressed by all of our picks. Almost all of them looked really good.

Congrats to team Canada...   That was a hard fought game...

Didn't like to see the Swede captain Andersson pulling the silver medal from his neck and  throwing it into the crowd...   That was just poor sportsmanship...

Great win by Canada. Sweden played well, but they took a lot of dumb penalties and then whined a lot when they took them. 

Dube was great in the gold medal game. I am not sure that he is going to be much of an offensive player at the highest level, but his speed, tenacity and defensive ability will all get him to the big show.

Linus Lindstrom was good in the gold medal game, I like his speed and he is good defensively. I also like that he showed a bit of an edge. 

I was pretty disappointed with Adam Ruzicka's tournament. He was super soft and really easy to play against, he didn't use his size effectively. He has skill, but he has a long way to go before I would get excited about him as a top prospect.

Adam Fox was solid and is very good at this level, I still am not sold on his ability to translate that to the next level.

Jusso Valimaki was solid and seemed like a calming influence on the back end. 

Eetu Tulola was physical and was good at getting in on the forecheck, he used his size well, probably won't be much of an offensive threat but he could play.

A beauty zinger by Theo Fleury.:D

Justine Trudeau tweeted congrats to TC on winning Gold.

Theo tweeted asking if he was going to tax their Gold Medals.

You gotta love Theo!:)

2 hours ago, Flyerfan52 said:

A beauty zinger by Theo Fleury.:D

Justine Trudeau tweeted congrats to TC on winning Gold.

Theo tweeted asking if he was going to tax their Gold Medals.

You gotta love Theo!:)

That is funny. Now, ARE they going to tax the medals? I mean, you never really know, right?

4 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

That is funny. Now, ARE they going to tax the medals? I mean, you never really know, right?

We are only allowed to hold small amounts of gold...  The government does not want you stockpiling gold to cover your Hash Rate in the case of depression... You can hold paper gold though... go ahead and speculate on gold stocks...