Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
conundrumed

2018 Memorial Cup

17 posts in this topic

Here come the kids. Always a great tourney.

I'm always O, Hamilton.

Should .be fun seeing Gawdin.

I think it should be the Robert Thomas show.

Now if only the stupid Jays game would ever end we could watch Gawdin...thanks for turning the 8th inning into 45 minutes A's, geez...

Quite a game, 3-2 SC after 2 between SC and Acadie-Bathhurst.

One thing I can say about Gawdin for sure. He's playing in this game.

He's not bad, but not Sam Steel or Robert Thomas from last night.

He's tall, but he's really slender.

I'd call him a project, and nothing wrong with that, can't have enough prospects and he cost nothing but an ELC.

Quite a game again, Acadie-Bathhurst rips out to crushing the Pats 7-2 lead, currently 7-5 A-B.

Steel with 4ish assists.

Make that 7-6. 2mins left.

Hey Q.

F.U.

Hey WHL.

Really, these guys?

I thought we were buds?

OHL.

It'll be sad beating the host city, so it goes.

C'mon dub, why do you leave it to the O to crush the Q?

We love it, but get on board.

Absolutely insane finish to the Broncos - Pats game last night. Broncos were down 4-2 then their goalie takes a terrible penalty and gives up a bad goal to make it 5-2 and they still pulled it to 5-4 and actually put the puck in the net with time on the clock but half their team was offside. Pats started to celebrate early and a Bronco just fired it into the net. Obviously should not have counted, but just added to what was a crazy finish. 

But it does mean the Broncos and Gawdin are done. 

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Absolutely insane finish to the Broncos - Pats game last night. Broncos were down 4-2 then their goalie takes a terrible penalty and gives up a bad goal to make it 5-2 and they still pulled it to 5-4 and actually put the puck in the net with time on the clock but half their team was offside. Pats started to celebrate early and a Bronco just fired it into the net. Obviously should not have counted, but just added to what was a crazy finish. 

When the broadcast started, the commentators were discussing SC's goalie and how the Oilers felt they finally had a decent prospect goalie.  Immediate kiss of death.  The end of the game was one of those "if Skinner can stop a shot, SC will win".  He couldn't.  Gawdin did his part to try to come back, but every time they had momentum, they took a penalty or got scored on short-handed.

His junior career is done, so let's see what he can do in the AHL.  Needs to add weight, but looks like he has a sniper shot.

6 hours ago, cross16 said:

Too bad the rest of the team were offside, that would have been hilarious.

Regina pays back SC for knocking them out of their league playoffs.

Pretty even teams.

36 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Pretty even teams.

They probably would have had the edge with Steenbergen, if he wasn't injured.

From what I can tell, he wasn't available in Monday or Wednesday's games.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Pretty even teams.

And the Pats had too many men on the ice as they were pre celebrating. Whole thing was just a crazy scene those last 5-6 mins. 

I agree with the panel, Broncos looked gassed. Interesting theory now that perhaps the host team does get an advantage with the extra rest. Broncos played a ton of hockey this year. 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

And the Pats had too many men on the ice as they were pre celebrating. Whole thing was just a crazy scene those last 5-6 mins. 

I agree with the panel, Broncos looked gassed. Interesting theory now that perhaps the host team does get an advantage with the extra rest. Broncos played a ton of hockey this year. 

I've always hated the setup of "host team".

Windsor last year. No reason to even be there.

Hamilton should have kicked the Pats around, easy.

So it goes...

I hope they crush them tomorrow, and beat on the Q.

Give Thomas his due, that's some player.

14 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I've always hated the setup of "host team".

Windsor last year. No reason to even be there.

I'm a bit indifferent. It worked great for the Rockets, my junior team, when they hosted and won but if I recall correctly they also lost the WHL final that year so in a way they did deserve to be there. Red Deer last year I didn't think belonged and then they wind up in the final. I'm not sure it's the best decision from a pure hockey standpoint but from a ticket selling perspective i'ts probably critical and I imagine the cost is getting high to host these. 

So I guess I just talked myself into it. LOL. But It does take away a little something I think when the host team wins and that team didn't even make the league final. 

2 hours ago, cross16 said:

I'm a bit indifferent. It worked great for the Rockets, my junior team, when they hosted and won but if I recall correctly they also lost the WHL final that year so in a way they did deserve to be there. Red Deer last year I didn't think belonged and then they wind up in the final. I'm not sure it's the best decision from a pure hockey standpoint but from a ticket selling perspective i'ts probably critical and I imagine the cost is getting high to host these. 

So I guess I just talked myself into it. LOL. But It does take away a little something I think when the host team wins and that team didn't even make the league final. 

Yeah I agree, there isn't really a way around it. Need lots of lead time and it's the pay back for hosting, your team gets a shot.

But they have a good shot if they're well rested and healthy.

Should be a good 'er tonight. Hamilton should be a lot less nervous than game 1.

Wish I was in Regina,lol.

Starting to wonder if Hamilton will stomp anyone in this tourney.

They sure took out a powerhouse SSM team in the O final. I've been waiting for the dominance like the SC game, but they've been kinda disjointed.

Darn 16-20yo's:lol:

Well that's that! Good game. It's all on the Pats now to take down those Q hackers!

Maybe Steel will get the cherry to top off a great jr career.

Then the hate can start when he joins the Ducks, lol.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0