Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anie8706

World Cup Russia

13 posts in this topic

Looking forward to the upcoming World Cup? Since having our baby around we won’t be in a pub but my husband is thinking of decorating our home with loads of English items. Hearing football songs. In the last World Cup I was actually in a pub in England and I have to say it’s nice to see everyone cheering on a team. It was a deafening experience when goals were scored. 

As as for this one, it’s hard to predict who will win. Brazil? Germany? Argentina? Uruguay?

I’m really looking forward to Egypt because of Mo Salah. What a season he’s had in the Premiership.

Also really looking forward to Iceland, especially the fans.

Well, I guess im going with Germany... Only because my gf is from Germany. Switzerland will have no Chance and the Netherlands are (yet again) not in WC. Im looking forward to Iceland as well. I like them =)

With the USA out of it, I've decided to cheer for Iceland. Part of that reason is they're so small and part of it is that Iceland is situated atop a mantle plume. I'm very interested in volcanoes after all. The other team I'd go for is Poland. My mother will probably cheer for Costa Rica since she was an summer exchange student there recently.

Russia and Saudi Arabia are kicking off the beginning of the World Cup on Thursday. My husband has his English flags flying and I’m sure he’s going to get his beer ready. Soon he’ll ‘ignore’ me for a few weeks, lol. 

Russia started off the World Cup winning 5-0 against Saudi Arabia. 

Uruguay won against Egypt 1-0.

-Suarez isn’t on form. 💩 

-Really sad Salah wasn’t in the match. 

-Egypt can’t finish and Uruguay aren’t gelling (according to hubby).

Now we’re on the Morocco and Iran match.

-not really impressed either side and in the same group as Spain and Portugal. You’d think we’d see something more in this match since they’re in a tough group.

Since Spain got rid of their manager before this match. It’s all being talked about. But when Real Madrid comes calling, would you

really say no?

Also Iran won their first game since 1998. It was an own goal by a Moroccan player.

What a fantastic game by Spain and Portugal. Was a pleasure to watch. This goal was absolutely amazing!!!

On 7/11/2018 at 4:29 PM, The_People1 said:

lol Peeps:

d6867b44443acde7ca7f5dd188cbfad8.png

You have been silenced by the copyright police.

1 hour ago, DirtyDeeds said:

lol Peeps:

d6867b44443acde7ca7f5dd188cbfad8.png

You have been silenced by the copyright police.

Damn those mods!  Lol :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0