The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Their depth is an improvement on last years bottom 6.

Ryan is a good pick up for them and i think that 3rd line maybe better than we hope!

The D could be interesting

I hope I am wrong and it is all a shambles but McD is coming into his prime years and could put this lot on his shoulders and carry them.4

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rocketdoctor said:

Their depth is an improvement on last years bottom 6.

Ryan is a good pick up for them and i think that 3rd line maybe better than we hope!

The D could be interesting

I hope I am wrong and it is all a shambles but McD is coming into his prime years and could put this lot on his shoulders and carry them.4

So, honest to goodness, I actually want the Oilers to do well.  With some stipulations:

1.  never better than the Flames

2.  I will still bash them regularly

My feel on this is that we have seen McDavid at his best.   Already.   He might improve very very slightly, or he might maintain this level for several years, but I would not anticipate a dramatic improvement form his current PPG.

If the Oilers wanted to win a cup they would need real defence and real goaltending.   They have not even made serious efforts at either.  Granted their cap space makes it hard, but I don't even think it's a focus for them.    McDavid will either be gone, or be in decline before they figure that out.   If they ever figure it out (let's be serious how obvious was the goaltending issue).

I am torn because I want them to do well and that means keeping McDavid.  But  from a pure hockey perspective I wish McDavid would move to another team so we can really see how good he is right now.    The current setup is going nowhere other than an ok regular season.