The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Sign in to follow this  
Going4TheCup

Calgary Flames Expectations

21 hours ago, The_People1 said:

I expected the Flames to make the playoffs at the start of the season but I never thought they'd be 2nd overall.  It's been unreal.

Based on matchups, I do believe the Flames can get to the Finals and as long as we don't face TB, then there's a chance we win it all.

Remember in '04 we had to beat 3 Division winners to  eventually face the President Trophy winning TB in the Finals?

This season, COL is #17 overall and then if we beat them, then we could probably play VGK ranked #16 overall.   Let's not stop there because DAL ranked #15 is in fire and might be so lucky to be our Conference Finals opponent.  The road to the Finals may never be this easy ever again.

My hopes were simply that we would make the playoffs. I certainly cannot say that I predicted #2 in the league. Last season really shook my confidence in a few players I guess.

You have got into my head. I am not going to stop thinking about the fact that it was TB who stole it from us last time. Oh well, it will be out of there come August or so.

I thought the Flames would be fighting for a wild card spot this year.  I was really wrong.  This turned out to be a really fun season.  

Go Flames Go!

I look back at my early season predictictions.

Early as in October.

Suggested that tops in the Pacific was possible.

Didn't have a lot to go on, just the defense being good.

I expect to be pleasantly surprised for the playoffs, as in SCF.

I'm just wondering but what are your expectations for next season for the Calgary Flames? Some people think they might not make the playoffs, I think GM Treliving will make some moves to improve the team and I think the Flames will be competing for the Division Title yet again!! :o

8 hours ago, Going4TheCup said:

I'm just wondering but what are your expectations for next season for the Calgary Flames? Some people think they might not make the playoffs, I think GM Treliving will make some moves to improve the team and I think the Flames will be competing for the Division Title yet again!! :o

Of course alot depends what the other division teams do but the team WILL make the playoffs. Won't be conference or even divisional champs but I think BT will make some but not major changes. BP will have learned more about  getting the lines right and getting the most of each one. The regular season wont be as successful but the playoff will be better.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Going4TheCup said:

I was watching SportsNet this morning and they had a special section on the 1989 team with some of the team players saying they had a special group and thought they should have won 4 or 5 SCs but managed just 1. First and foremost you need a group of players that play for each other which means no tag-a-longs, everyone has to give max efforts each game out. I look back at that 1989 team and see talent but also a very high compete level and desire to win. Sometimes a team like this year's has to lose in order to gain those qualities together as a team.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this