The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Sign in to follow this  
conundrumed

Michael Frolik

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

To the shock of absolutely no one, Frolik comes to camp being the fittest Flames player.

2 yrs in a row. Used to be 2nd to Gio.

How do you trade fodder that?

https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/frolik-tops-fitness-testing/c-300042000

I don't think anyone has said Frolik is not a good player or a "fit" player but there will come a time to trade him. If he end up 3rd line and making 4.50M these funds may be needed for paying up on Tkachuk and Bennett as early as next season. He is a quality player that could help bring back I(in a trade package) possibly a quality Goaltender if this is still deemed a need. I certainly don't see him as an untouchable.

• Like 1

He writes his own ticket imho.

I believe that he's a player that can win some games. O stats be damned.

The best forechecker and PK guy is earning what he should imho.

Prove different it's someone else this year.

I highly doubt it, personally.

10 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

He writes his own ticket imho.

I believe that he's a player that can win some games. O stats be damned.

The best forechecker and PK guy is earning what he should imho.

Prove different it's someone else this year.

I highly doubt it, personally.

This year, sure. Next season not so much, get something good for him.

With the off-season acquisitions, he is aware he could be replaced as a top 6 player. He came to camp in great shape and I would expect nothing less from a professional who is serious about his job. I hope it transitions to the ice. Like the player a lot. Would still move him for Stone or Panarin. Just saying.

Frolik is priced exactly as he should be for what he brings. Unless a team offers something crazy for him, hes here at least for this season. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, conundrumed said:

To the shock of absolutely no one, Frolik comes to camp being the fittest Flames player.

2 yrs in a row. Used to be 2nd to Gio.

How do you trade fodder that?

https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/frolik-tops-fitness-testing/c-300042000

Yeah, check out his social media workout videos.  It’s no surprise he’s the top guy.....

He's like off season Chara imo.

Like Nash said in his NBA HOF speech, play the long game.

Endurance athletes aren't easy to come by.

I wouldn't trade Frolik, at all.

Keep him underrated.

Near impossible to train hard work ethic. Frolik is one of the hardest working Flames. Too many others I would trade before his name even came up.

Frolik is a beast. Last year was a down year+injury, but I wouldn't expect that to stay. He is a continuous 215-20 goal and 20-25 assist guy. He is pretty consistent, a damn good PK'er (probably best on the Flames), and a good shut down guy who can still provide some offence. If he gets pushed to the third line by Neal and Lindholm, perfect. I doubt his overall minutes will go down too much (I still see a 15-18 minutes a night from him, depending on how often our PK is out), and he'll still produce (unlike someone who got bought out this year). He is the guy you can keep around later as well if for no other reason than to push everyone else to work harder (because I can see Frolik being similar to Jagr when it comes to his later years work ethic and training. Which is something you want your younger guys and core to be around).

Sign in to follow this