Carty

Flames @ Leafs 5pm Mon Oct 29

140 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

We had a Dube on the ice.

Dube helped to smoke the Leafs...

Nice to see some consistency in lines and D pairings.  This should be the team, we can sub in Czarnik for some life but BP needs to let them play together now.  Good game.

i hate even discussing the refs but its hard not to when they insist on being such donuts.

6 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Nobody cares.

Great Big Whatever.

The #35 offered ended up being part of the price paid for Elliott. 

Just now, 89Again said:

Nice to see some consistency in lines and D pairings.  This should be the team, we can sub in Czarnik for some life but BP needs to let them play together now.  Good game.

i hate even discussing the refs but its hard not to when they insist on being such donuts.

I'm worried that we get Stone in tomorrow, due to the B2B.

This was a good defensive game played by the Flames.

No reason to change out the D.

Maybe bring in Czarnik to replace Hathaway or someone else, but please don;t mess with the D. 

6 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

The #35 offered ended up being part of the price paid for Elliott. 

I'm unmoved. You mean Frederick Anderson, the guy we just beat tonight?

Oh I'm sorry, still not caring,

Far and away the best game Calgary has played this season. Limited the chances against. Smith looked really under control tonight, he wasn't swimming in the net and fighting the puck. 

Another road losing streak bites the dust! :)

1st NYR & now TOR.

de8d46a26bea2c9710f8b1d733c51b9e.png

Peters said the refs were almost 3-for-3 tonight on questionable calls: “I’m not sure about the five-on-three call, I’m not sure about the whistle, and if they would have called the icing that didn’t cross the red-line (at the game’s end), that would have made it a trifecta."

Did I hear it right? The high scoring Leaf's got their first shot in the 3rd period with like 5 1/2 minutes remaining, and it came from the blue-line?

That there says a whole bunch about our commitment to defense this evening. Hope to see more tmrw in BUF.

2 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

From what I’ve hear Leafs games are very expensive and most the people that go to the games are business people, the average people that wear the jerseys sit up in the nose bleeds from what I’ve heard 

This is true. 

There are some Leaf jerseys scattered in the lower bowl, but there are also a lot of empty seats because the suits prefer to be at the bar and in the restaurants. 

1 hour ago, Pyromancer said:

Another road losing streak bites the dust! :)

1st NYR & now TOR.

de8d46a26bea2c9710f8b1d733c51b9e.png

Told you my son and I were going to bring some good luck to the game! Nice to finally see a win here in TO for a change! :D

3 people like this

I think we caught toronto on an off night, but a big win none the less.

Lets beat buffalo for the 2 game road sweep!

WUU!

19 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

From what I’ve hear Leafs games are very expensive and most the people that go to the games are business people, the average people that wear the jerseys sit up in the nose bleeds from what I’ve heard 

When you watch Leafs games you see milienial aged business types in front row seats totally ignoring the game as they try to sell a client on some deal. They take the client to a game where even the scalpers can't get tickets but might as well be sitting in an office. Only difference is the client can brag he was @ the game. :wacko: Should the client be asked by a hockey loving friend of his thoughts on the game he's got none.

It's a case of being seen in the right places just like they order food they don't really like in chi-chi resaurants because they're trendy.

Meanwhile the real fans are overpaying for the nosebleed seats. The corporations that write off their season tickets & skyboxes end up paying less as it's a business write-off.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Flyerfan52 said:

When you watch Leafs games you see milienial aged business types in front row seats totally ignoring the game as they try to sell a client on some deal. They take the client to a game where even the scalpers can't get tickets but might as well be sitting in an office. Only difference is the client can brag he was @ the game. :wacko: Should the client be asked by a hockey loving friend of his thoughts on the game he's got none.

It's a case of being seen in the right places just like they order food they don't really like in chi-chi resaurants because they're trendy.

Meanwhile the real fans are overpaying for the nosebleed seats. The corporations that write off their season tickets & skyboxes end up paying less as it's a business write-off.

I find it odd when people spend good money on games and arrive late, and/or leave early. I have noticed people who are texting the entire time or get all glamoured up and watch people looking at them. More dollars than sense/cents I suppose.

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

... I have noticed people who are texting the entire time ...

When the baby Flames were based out of Adirondack, I used to go see them whenever they'd play the Marlies. Anyway, one time I saw a guy take an errant puck to the neck. He was texting, and didn't see it come over the glass. 

Love.